No announcement yet.

Settling in Indonesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so from my understanding, I could in fact work in logistics, but just not for an oil or gas company?

I've already enquired with my current employer about the possibility of working remotely and it doesn't seem like that is an option to me at this time.

When I mentioned opening a small restaurant I was talking more in the sense of renting the building and operating a warung that was a bit more sophisticated than just the lean-to shack type of warung. Location would likely be Jogja or Jawa Tengah. Initial capital if we are talking less than 6 figures could be secured through family investment on my side.

I did take a look at Lazada as someone advised and it seems they have a few suitable openings, but again securing the ITMA would be the greatest hurdle to overcome as I'm sure their are plenty of qualified locals who are also suitable for the positions.

Comment

Originally posted by TimFo8594 View Post
      When I mentioned opening a small restaurant I was talking more in the sense of renting the building and operating a warung that was a bit more sophisticated than just the lean-to shack type of warung. Location would likely be Jogja or Jawa Tengah. Initial capital if we are talking less than 6 figures could be secured through family investment on my side.
      Here you have some rental prices for warung in Yogjakarta:

http://olx.co.id/properti/bangunan-k...-warung-makan/

Comment

Originally posted by SmallWorld View Post
        Here you have some rental prices for warung in Yogjakarta:

http://olx.co.id/properti/bangunan-k...-warung-makan/
        Hi SmallWorld,

Are these prices monthly rent?

Also, theoretically, if I decided to rent one of these spaces and opened a warung what are legalities around it if I am on spousal KITAS?

Comment

Hi SmallWorld,

Are these prices monthly rent?

Also, theoretically, if I decided to rent one of these spaces and opened a warung what are legalities around it if I am on spousal KITAS?
          Price and lease length is different for each advert you can see there. More details of how much for how long is written inside the adverts. If you have difficulty with Bahasa I would recommend you to use goggle translator.

I am not going into the legalities of running restro business in Indonesia. If you don't want to have a headache of getting the right permits and going to the gov officials all the time better to get an agent who will do all the job for you (it may be costly though). It will save you time and nerves.

My guess is the business will operate under your wife's name. So all the paper work (legal) leave to her including money matters (accountancy) and taxation. You concentrate on adopting the building, hiring staff, supervising restro each day + marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallWorld View Post
            Price and lease length is different for each advert you can see there. More details of how much for how long is written inside the adverts. If you have difficulty with Bahasa I would recommend you to use goggle translator.

I am not going into the legalities of running restro business in Indonesia. If you don't want to have a headache of getting the right permits and going to the gov officials all the time better to get an agent who will do all the job for you (it may be costly though). It will save you time and nerves.

My guess is the business will operate under your wife's name. So all the paper work (legal) leave to her including money matters (accountancy) and taxation. You concentrate on adopting the building, hiring staff, supervising restro each day + marketing.

I realize that it would operate under my wife's name, what I want to know is if I would still need a work permit to hire staff/ supervise/ market the business?

Comment

I realize that it would operate under my wife's name, what I want to know is if I would still need a work permit to hire staff/ supervise/ market the business?
              This is already explained in post 6 paragraph 1. Both options with and without permit are described there.

Comment

And so from my understanding, I could in fact work in logistics, but just not for an oil or gas company? ...

I meant that PerMen 31/2013 applies only to Oil & Gas companies , but I don't know if there is/are other regulation(s) similar to this one for other type of companies . For example , I heard that this limitation to work in Human Resources area is applicable to all companies .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  I meant that PerMen 31/2013 applies only to Oil & Gas companies , but I don't know if there is/are other regulation(s) similar to this one for other type of companies . For example , I heard that this limitation to work in Human Resources area is applicable to all companies .
                  Me too. That is why I was not sure if this does apply to OP or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X