australian (on arrival visa) marrying indonesian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• australian (on arrival visa) marrying indonesian

so, here we go, we are getting married at surabaya while husband is still on arrival visa
    my question is :
    1. what visa should we get next? sosbud or vitas.. any suggestion?
    2. can telex visa/calling visa (for any of above visa you suggested) be obtained from kanim surabaya instead of going to jakarta (kanim surabaya give a confused explanation about this)
    3. do anyone has experience in doing calling visa via online ( http://visa.imigrasi.go.id/pravnp-we.../visa_app.jspx )
    thank you in advance

1. Supposing you two will live in Indonesia , ask him to come with a Sosbud Visa sponsored by you . If he already came , the next step is the Sosbud Visa . It can be a VITAS too , but many of us prefer Sosbud .

2. No . The telex visa is applied online but later someone will need to pay the fee/present some original documents in Jakarta .

3. See link below . The telex visa is not necessary for the Sosbud Visa for Australian citizen .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...nd-other-visas (recent online VITAS "pre-approval" process)
    Last edited by marcus; 17-03-16, 22:08.

Comment

hey .. let me know to make new post here . sorry I am new here ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
        1. Supposing you two will live in Indonesia , ask him to come with a Sosbud Visa sponsored by you . If he already came , the next step is the Sosbud Visa . It can be a VITAS too , but many of us prefer Sosbud .

2. No . The telex visa is applied online but later someone will need to pay the fee/present some original documents in Jakarta .

3. See link below . The telex visa is not necessary for the Sosbud Visa for Australian citizen .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...nd-other-visas (recent online VITAS "pre-approval" process)
        [COLOR=#333333]we tried social cultural visa through indonesian embassy in maroubra australia and they denied our application saying that it is a MUST to have telex visa (now that's confusing me coz he hold australian citizenship).. so we give up and come with on arrival and married in surabaya using on arrival visa[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#333333]since we living in surabaya with on arrival visa, we are wondering, [/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#333333]1. is telex visa still needed if we do sosbud visa or vitas in indonesian embassy at singapore?[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#333333]2. is this visa sequence correct : on arrival => sosbud => telex visa from jakarta => vitas => itas => MERP ... please correct me if i left out any[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#333333]3.if prefered sosbud does that means you need to go outside indonesia first before you do sosbud visa again after 4 time extention?i thought it will be more practical with vitas that only need extention every 2 year, am i correct?[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=#333333]thanks again for your help, marcus[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by cerberus View Post
          [COLOR=#333333](a) we tried social cultural visa through indonesian embassy in Sidney (Maroubra Road) Australia and they denied our application saying that it is a MUST to have telex visa ..[/COLOR]

(b) [COLOR=#333333]is telex visa still needed if we do sosbud visa or vitas in indonesian embassy at singapore?[/COLOR]

(c) [COLOR=#333333]is this visa sequence correct : on arrival => sosbud => telex visa from jakarta => vitas => itas => MERP ... please correct me if i left out any[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#333333]
          (d) if prefered sosbud does that means you need to go outside indonesia first before you do sosbud visa again after 4 time extention?i thought it will be more practical with vitas that only need extention every 2 year, am i correct? [/COLOR]

(a) I suppose there was a misunderstand , because this is the first time I hear that . An one year multiple entry Social Cultural/Sosbud Visa does require a telex visa , but not the (up to 60 days) single entry one .

(b) As I said above , the single entry Sosbud Visa usually does not require a telex visa (except for some few countries' citizens) . But a VITAS does require a telex visa .

(c) Not correct . There are 2 options :
          - Sosbud => ITAS/MERP , or
          - telex visa => VITAS => ITAS/MERP

(d) Not correct again . Both options above requires going outside Indonesia , to get the Sosbud or VITAS at an Indonesian Embassy . After that the foreigner does not need to go outside Indonesia anymore in order to get the ITAS/MERP .

For people not intending to reside in Jakarta (or very near Jakarta) , the best choice is the Sosbud Visa way , as you can deal with Jakarta's Immigration by courier/mail (through telex visa you must have somebody in Jakarta to deal with Jakarta's Immigration) .
          Another advantage is that with a Sosbud Visa you have 150 days (3 Sosbud extensions required) to prepare the documents required for the ITAS (with the VITAS you have only 29 days) .

Note : Theoretically the foreigner gets an one year VITAS/Limited Stay Visa , but in practice this VITAS is for only 30 stay days . If you don't request an ITAS within these 30 days , the VITAS becomes invalid .

Comment

Working...
          X