No announcement yet.

Need advice: pre nup + mix marriage in Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You already seem to know all the answers...
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

I hope so. But i wouldn't ask the questions.. *.*
      "What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right." — Albert Einstein

Comment

You have already made 2 pre-nups/drafts, I am guessing your bf is in Australia- all I will say is I doubt they are legal here if he is not present to sign in front of the notaris... if your legal advisors in Australia know better then listen to them- I'm sure you are paying enough for their services.
        I shall be interested to hear/ see what the outcome is.
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Yes, he is in Australia. We haven't asked the notary in Australia yet. We should have done that. Thanks bad_ass for reminding us.
          Will post to this forum for the progress later.
          "What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Save your money - fly him over here get it done properly, all the faffing around will mean nothing if he doesn't have a witnessed signature.
            Cicak Magnet

Comment

We both decided to keep doing as we planned. He's bit takin easy about it...not that sure about the result but confident enough to not coming here for the signing. But i keep digging up info in the internet world. So far i can conclude, we may have an attested pre nup at the least, as Indonesia is not in the list of Hague Convention member. We just need to know the detail process and required documents for it.

Finger crossed.

It seems no one in this forum ever used wijaya co. If there is any, i'd like to be allowed to have a peek at the draft for a minute, need to check on something.
              Please please please

Comment

As I said before - you already seem to know all the answers.

I do not see anyone here saying that your papers will be legitimate in Indonesia if they are not signed here in Indonesia in front of a notaris.
                Quite the opposite... you have already said you want it all to be legitimate...

You are ignoring or not heeding the advice given therefore , I am now bowing out of this discussion.
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

I heard that Wijaya charge around 8-10 times what you need to pay.

It should be emphasised that you do not need a lawyer. You need a notaris. Wijaya is a law firm. You do not need a law firm for this. You need a notaris only.

I paid 2.5jt in Jakarta, including registration. I could have perhaps got it a bit cheaper, but I was in a hurry.

Also, any document done in Australia is completely irrelevant and will not be valid in Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
                  X