Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign husband and indonesian wife;can get working permit?and resident permit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign husband and indonesian wife;can get working permit?and resident permit?

I am Spanish citizen already many years married to Indonesian wife
    I think since I was married things have changed a lot regarding resident and working permits?
    Can I have a resident permit as a husband of indonesian woman?what documents do I need to have for that?and once have that permit I have also the right to working in indonesia?
    Any link with that info in internet?
    Thanks very much
    Alex

If you take a look in the laws&visa section of the forum, you'll find loads of information on that. In short you are eligible for a KITAP for staying in Indonesia and you have the right to work. However, for the working the company that wants to employ you will still need to apply for an IMTA (work permit).

Comment

Originally posted by warlock14 View Post
      (1) ...I think since I was married things have changed a lot regarding resident and working permits?

(2) Can I have a resident permit as a husband of indonesian woman?

(3) what documents do I need to have for that?

(4) and once have that permit I have also the right to working in indonesia? ..
      (1) No big change .

(2) Yes . A one year Temporary Residency Permit (KITAS) now , and after that , a 5 years Permanent Residency Permit (KITAP) .

(3) http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , (post no.128 , example of converting Sosbud into KITAS) .
      Note : the above example suppose the foreigner come to Indonesia with a Visit Visa , Social Cultural/Family - single entry (Sosbud Visa - single entry) .

In addition to documents mentioned in the example above , 2 more may be required : a Residency Statement (Surat Keterangan Domisili) + a Statement from the Indonesian marriage office confirming you are still married .

Be also advised that , if you married outside Indonesia you will need to register your marriage certificate in an Indonesian Embassy in the country you married , and later register it in the Indonesian marriage office .

(4) You must get a work permit from the Manpower Department too . This is requested by your future employer .
      Last edited by marcus; 09-01-13, 01:25.

Comment

Working...
      X