Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schooling options for expat kiddie

Hey everyone,

my wife, daughter and I are planning to relocate to Jakarta in 2020 to operate a buisness. our daughter will be roughly 3 years old at this time but we are looking into schooling options for her. my wife was born in Australia to indonesian parents so my daughter already has a strong Indonesian influence in regards to language etc and in a perfect world she would attend a international school, however, looking at the fees most ive found are upwards of 30k AUD per year. I was wondering if there are any other options?? and is it common at all for foreign children (even though my daughter looks asian she would still stick out) to attend public schools??

thanks

Check out Highscope Indonesia in Jaksel near CITOS. Its fees are more reasonable than most English language schools. It is bilingual. The school is, or was a few years ago, pre-k through high school, but it may not begin until age 4.

Comment

Originally posted by reeceg2184 View Post
      (1) ... I was wondering if there are any other options??

(2) and is it common at all for foreign children (even though my daughter looks asian she would still stick out) to attend public schools??

(1) It seems you will find many other options . Search the internet for something like : Preschools in Jakarta

(2) I guess there is no public preschool in Indonesia . I guess the public schools start for children aged 6 , minimum , but I don't know if foreign children are allowed , as they are subsidized (free) . Anyway , I guess that even if allowed , it is not adequate if the child don't speak Indonesian well .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/preschool.html (Choosing a Preschool in Indonesia)

Comment

Hello, do you still have planning to relocate to Jakarta at 2020. I could help you with your moving & relocation.

If you wanna contact me directly please do not hesitate to email me at erick@logprorelo.com.

Or you can easily whatsapp me at +62 812 9829 8966

Thank you

Comment

Private schools are pricey all over Asia so 30K AUD per year isn't unheard of. I don't think she will be able to attend a public school as a foreigner. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Good morning, you could try ACG School Jakarta at Pasar minggu, it's not far from Cilandak. They might be able to help with the fees. You could contact them at acgjkt@acgedu.com

Comment

Working...
            X