Fire and burglary safe for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire and burglary safe for sale

So I have this safe for sale. It's an American made unit, AMSEC, model # CSC 3018-E with 2 shelves and digital keypad. It comes with lifetime replacement warranty. Purchased 2 years ago from Houston. In excellent condition with lifetime warranty. Asking price: Rp. 20 million. Be aware that it took 10 local movers to carry the safe. See specifics at http://www.amsecusa.com/fire-safes/csc

This is not one of those plastic models they sell at Ace. It is a real safe with a UL security and fire rating.

Originally posted by Robinindo View Post
    So I have this safe for sale. It's an American made unit, AMSEC, model # CSC 3018-E with 2 shelves and digital keypad. It comes with lifetime replacement warranty. Purchased 2 years ago from Houston. In excellent condition with lifetime warranty. Asking price: Rp. 20 million. Be aware that it took 10 local movers to carry the safe. See specifics at http://www.amsecusa.com/fire-safes/csc

This is not one of those plastic models they sell at Ace. It is a real safe with a UL security and fire rating.
    You should get someone familiar with safes to move it. I've moved many safes, up to 1000 pounds by myself, with proper equipment. Your safe is just over 500 pounds. It carries the RSC label, which really isn't much protection. I think to get that rating, a guy with a hammer and a screwdriver can't get into it in less than 5 minutes. This is primarily a fire safe. Rated at an interior temperature of 350f, when the exterior temperature of 1700f or less.

Your lifetime replacement warranty will likely be worth nothing in Indonesia. Some Amsec electronic safe mechanisms are subpar, too. This safe also has a glass relocker, so if it gets dropped hard, you might be in trouble. I've met the UL safe testers, and seen a film of an actual test.

These sell new for $1100-1300 in the US. 15-17.7 jt. If that matters to anyone.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
      You should get someone familiar with safes to move it. I've moved many safes, up to 1000 pounds by myself, with proper equipment. Your safe is just over 500 pounds. It carries the RSC label, which really isn't much protection. I think to get that rating, a guy with a hammer and a screwdriver can't get into it in less than 5 minutes. This is primarily a fire safe. Rated at an interior temperature of 350f, when the exterior temperature of 1700f or less.

Your lifetime replacement warranty will likely be worth nothing in Indonesia. Some Amsec electronic safe mechanisms are subpar, too. This safe also has a glass relocker, so if it gets dropped hard, you might be in trouble. I've met the UL safe testers, and seen a film of an actual test.

These sell new for $1100-1300 in the US. 15-17.7 jt. If that matters to anyone.

This safe has a "B" Class security rating not the standard RSC rating. It is not the typical safe sold in standard retail locations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sDkWtvZ9MI. We specifically bought this model because it provides much more security from theft and fire than the typical house safe and has enough room for anything we have needed to put in it.

The glass relocker has a mechanism to secure it open during transport to ensure it doesn't fire accidentally if the safe is dropped during handling. But once engaged, it will prevent the typical thief from opening the safe with a sledgehammer or drill.

Will this stop professional safe crackers, no. If that is your concern, you need a different level of protection. Will this stop the average burglar that breaks into your house, absolutely. And unless they bring a crew of ten or proper safe moving equipment, they won't be able to take it away either to work on it at their leisure.

Yes, you can buy one of these new in the US for about $1200. Plus the digital lock, plus tax, plus transportation to Indonesia, customs, etc. So if you don't think 20 jt. is a good price, I'm open to offers.

If you think you can open it with a hammer and screwdriver in five minutes, then you are welcome to buy the safe and try.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinindo View Post
        This safe has a "B" Class security rating not the standard RSC rating. It is not the typical safe sold in standard retail locations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sDkWtvZ9MI. We specifically bought this model because it provides much more security from theft and fire than the typical house safe and has enough room for anything we have needed to put in it.

The glass relocker has a mechanism to secure it open during transport to ensure it doesn't fire accidentally if the safe is dropped during handling. But once engaged, it will prevent the typical thief from opening the safe with a sledgehammer or drill.

Will this stop professional safe crackers, no. If that is your concern, you need a different level of protection. Will this stop the average burglar that breaks into your house, absolutely. And unless they bring a crew of ten or proper safe moving equipment, they won't be able to take it away either to work on it at their leisure.

Yes, you can buy one of these new in the US for about $1200. Plus the digital lock, plus tax, plus transportation to Indonesia, customs, etc. So if you don't think 20 jt. is a good price, I'm open to offers.

If you think you can open it with a hammer and screwdriver in five minutes, then you are welcome to buy the safe and try.
        AMSEC doesn't list a B rate option for this safe, but obviously it could have been an option in the past. A "B" rating, with its 1/2" steel minimum door thickness, and 1/4" minimum steel is worlds better than an RSC rating. Sure, it's no TL15 or TL30, but for $10k or less of valuables, it's certainly fine. A real B rate would also weigh 50-100% more than an RSC container.

People have stored tens of thousands in $80 Sentry fire safes, so your safe would certainly be better. As I stated previously, I'd be quite surprised if your warranty was worth anything in Indonesia.

The electronic option is $85 list. With online sales, you'd probably be better off buying from an out of state seller. Used safes generally sell for 50-60% of new price, if in excellent condition, in the US. I used to get a lot of free safes, just for picking them up.

Good luck with your sale. I'd be tempted to buy it if I had a good place to put it.
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Working...
        X