No announcement yet.

Infidel T-shirt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more interested in buying Jaime's t-shirt. Rp. 500 k with his original autograph on it ..?? Priceless !
    Last edited by Alia; 26-09-14, 11:33. Reason: OH, its in Rp not $, its even cheaper ! I'm so buying it
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
      If there wasn't a climate of fear regarding islam referred to on another thread, then people could wear what they wanted without fear of beheading or other violence. In London there were adverts saying "there is probably no God, so relax and enjoy life" or something along those lines. I don't recall it resulting in any violence.

The proposed slogan is in any case just a statement of fact, not offensive in any way.
      The Daily Beast wrote this about the errant Anglican head:

It may seem strange to God-crazy America that the Archbishop of Canterbury, Britain’s most senior church leader, and the leader of 80 million Anglicans worldwide, should admit to doubts about the existence of God.
      “I mean there are moments, sure, where you think, ‘Is there a God?’, ‘Where is God?’” Justin Welby said during an interview at Bristol Cathedral.
      “I go—well, I call it running, the dog calls it holding her back—in the morning,”he said. “The other day I was praying over something as I was running and I ended up saying to God ‘Look, this is all very well but isn’t it about time you did something, if you’re there?’—which is probably not what the Archbishop of Canterbury should say.”
      But he did, and it's of absolutely no surprise to anybody. It's so him: the thinking churchman who interrogates his relationship with his faith and calling. Plus, everything about his quote is British in the best way.

Comment

Originally posted by johntap View Post
        The Daily Beast wrote this about the errant Anglican head:

It may seem strange to God-crazy America that the Archbishop of Canterbury, Britain’s most senior church leader, and the leader of 80 million Anglicans worldwide, should admit to doubts about the existence of God.
        “I mean there are moments, sure, where you think, ‘Is there a God?’, ‘Where is God?’” Justin Welby said during an interview at Bristol Cathedral.
        “I go—well, I call it running, the dog calls it holding her back—in the morning,”he said. “The other day I was praying over something as I was running and I ended up saying to God ‘Look, this is all very well but isn’t it about time you did something, if you’re there?’—which is probably not what the Archbishop of Canterbury should say.”
        But he did, and it's of absolutely no surprise to anybody. It's so him: the thinking churchman who interrogates his relationship with his faith and calling. Plus, everything about his quote is British in the best way.
        Afraid all that won't fit on a T-shirt.
        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
          Afraid all that won't fit on a T-shirt.
          Very funny. But it's not the (number of) words so much as the baggage they carry.

Comment

Originally posted by BerthaLe View Post
            A Friend of mine designs (and wants to sell) tee. It's is written: siempre infidel (cmiiw if i type it wrong, what i mean is infidel forever). Just want to know, anyone here interested? Or any respond?

Thanks
            Sounds offensive to the U.S. Marine Corps.

"Always unfaithful?"

Comment

they'd go off like a house on fire in Kuta Bali ......... warning, some of you may find these images offensive, I do & my mother would have a heart attack Tshirts1.jpgT shirts2.jpgStickers.jpg
              The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                If there wasn't a climate of fear regarding islam referred to on another thread, then people could wear what they wanted without fear of beheading or other violence. In London there were adverts saying "there is probably no God, so relax and enjoy life" or something along those lines. I don't recall it resulting in any violence.

The proposed slogan is in any case just a statement of fact, not offensive in any way.
                I don't have too much issue with the kuffar proclaiming themselves as such. I mean, you are correct, you ARE a kafir.

It's the actual blasphemy that tends to get us more than a little upset. So, wear the shirt.

Comment

This is Indonesia. Wear the shirt. Someone will burn the shirt. Here, you will probably still be in it. I don't think our purpose here is to slap anyone in the face when it comes to their beliefs. While we may ask questions, question some wording, or disagree with it, it is not our place to ridicule it publicly.
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Just for the record...everyone posting here gets the militaristic undertone of the shirt, right? "Semper Fidilus" is the motto of the US Marine Corp (known as the group that is "first to fight" - this was their previous motto). So the t-shirt suggests not just "I'll never be a Muslim" but also, "I support engaging in military action against Islam."

If everyone knows that and I am pointing out the obvious, sorry!

Comment

Google "infidel patch". It's a badge with velcro in the back that gun enthusiasts in USA stick to their tactical-style gear. Some soldiers wear them too.

The real message is something like "yes, I'm an infidel, what are you gonna do about it?". When people carrying guns say this kind of thing, there's little doubt about their intention.

Comment

I think the OP shot herself in the foot then T-shirt’s “Siempre Infidel “might have unintentional double -barreled meanings since it is also the exact opposite of USMC’s motto so it besmirches and mocks both the jarheads and the jihadists as well, unless she bats for both sides?

OTOH the T-shirts could be a huge sell in North Korea or China tho.

Comment

update:
                          I didn't buy the tee. thanks for giving me some insight

Comment

Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
                            I don't have too much issue with the kuffar proclaiming themselves as such. I mean, you are correct, you ARE a kafir.

It's the actual blasphemy that tends to get us more than a little upset. So, wear the shirt.
                            It's really not cool to call other people by your religion's term for unbeliever. Just think about it, all of your neighbors calling you a "pagan" or "idolator" all the time... It would not be nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X