Infidel T-shirt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infidel T-shirt

A Friend of mine designs (and wants to sell) tee. It's is written: siempre infidel (cmiiw if i type it wrong, what i mean is infidel forever). Just want to know, anyone here interested? Or any respond?

Thanks

how do we know it's a good shirt without seeing the picture, or knowing the shirt material of the shirt
    dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

I would recommend some sensitivity to the locals concerning religion while living in Indonesia. While wearing a T-shirt that says "Infidel" may not be illegal, it may only serve to agitate people which may otherwise be friendly. Try to blend into the country you are visiting and not intentionally do something that you know may provoke people or cause hard feelings.
      The comments made by this user are merely random thoughts without any validity or truth.

Comment

Originally posted by indotom View Post
        I would recommend some sensitivity to the locals concerning religion while living in Indonesia. While wearing a T-shirt that says "Infidel" may not be illegal, it may only serve to agitate people which may otherwise be friendly. Try to blend into the country you are visiting and not intentionally do something that you know may provoke people or cause hard feelings.
        Agreed!

Comment

The majority of Indonesians won't understand what it means. The minority who understands English but with no familiarity with American culture would be baffled. The small minority who understands what 'infidel' means to a hawkish American might actually agree with the spirit, while the smallest minority who understands it completely and happens to be Muslims are too few to matter.

If you want to attract attention, might as well make it more obvious by using كافر

Comment

There is nothing to be proud of. It just show how lonely you are DEEP down....

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
              The majority of Indonesians won't understand what it means. The minority who understands English but with no familiarity with American culture would be baffled. The small minority who understands what 'infidel' means to a hawkish American might actually agree with the spirit, while the smallest minority who understands it completely and happens to be Muslims are too few to matter.

If you want to attract attention, might as well make it more obvious by using كافر
              While living overseas as a guest in another country, its best to be what I would describe as a "good will ambassador". Otherwise nothing good will come (Karma).
              The comments made by this user are merely random thoughts without any validity or truth.

Comment

Don't need to wear a stupid T-shirt = being a bule or an expat in Indonesia you are instantly assumed to be an infidel anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                  Don't need to wear a stupid T-shirt = being a bule or an expat in Indonesia you are instantly assumed to be an infidel anyway.
                  Quite right. While there is good reasoning above as to why to not have this t-shirt, my feeling is that it was just a stupid idea in the first place. What could possibly be gained by wearing such a shirt?
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by indotom View Post
                    While living overseas as a guest in another country, its best to be what I would describe as a "good will ambassador". Otherwise nothing good will come (Karma).
                    Agreed

Comment

Yeah, a shirt like that screams "I am hostile to Muslims!" Who wants to go around wearing a message like that on their chests? Not me.

Comment

If there wasn't a climate of fear regarding islam referred to on another thread, then people could wear what they wanted without fear of beheading or other violence. In London there were adverts saying "there is probably no God, so relax and enjoy life" or something along those lines. I don't recall it resulting in any violence.

The proposed slogan is in any case just a statement of fact, not offensive in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post

The proposed slogan is in any case just a statement of fact, not offensive in any way.
                          It may not be offensive to YOU, but others might find it offensive.

It's a matter of personal choice as to whether one wears shirts that could be viewed as obnoxious. For example, I often wear a shirt that says in big letters "WWJD?" This acronym is common in the US to mean "What Would Jesus Do?" and is often employed by passionate Christians. My shirt has, in smaller letters underneath, "What would Janeway do?"

I'll wear the Janeway shirt around here but might not in the Bible Belt, just because I don't want to give any little old ladies apoplexy. There's a time and a place for everything. Luckily, we mostly get to decide for ourselves when and where that is, in the case of clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                            ..... Luckily, we mostly get to decide for ourselves when and where that is, in the case of clothing.
                            interesting remark

Comment

Indonesia isn't London. Many westerners are a bit over zealous in their interpretation of freedoms and rights while in a foreign country. Just relax, blend with the locals, and feel free to travel back home when you need to blow off some steam by running down the street naked voicing your right to freedom of speech. Reminds me of the time a BULE woman went crazy in central Jakarta and was swimming half naked in the round-about water fountain.

Comment

Working...
                              X