Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liquorforexpatriate
    replied
    Try first and comment..money back guarantee if not original..i guarantee you..dont just a say something a bullshit

Leave a comment:

• tihzho
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilled. View Post
    Come come, lets all meet at someones house, and we chip in for a bottle or three.
    OP joins us, if he comes out of the house alive, we are customers for life.

Remember to check that the coke is real too!
    Its old stock of NEW COKE re-labeled :P

Leave a comment:

• tihzho
    replied
    Originally posted by martindo View Post
    I tend to agree with Chilled, but Tihzo is right to voice *some* amount of skepticism. Not total skepticism, because alcohol prices didn't drop all that much after Prohibition ended. There is still a huge markup, including "sin tax", so if you can circumvent some of that (e.g., duty free, smuggling), then you can really slash the price. Of course, a counterfeiter can make *serious* profit by making crap and pricing it to match the smuggler. So, who really knows?
    A smuggler does not advertise on the internet, they supply to clubs as they keep themselves low key. I am in the night-life business and there is a lot of fake booze in circulation here.

Leave a comment:

• Banana72
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilled. View Post
    Come come, lets all meet at someones house, and we chip in for a bottle or three.

OK I'll chip in Rp 50,000 (enough for a few small sips!!)

Leave a comment:

• gerrardtorres
    replied
    I don't think the prices are that good anyway. I can get 1 litre JD for 350,000 a bottle, and JW Black 750 ml for 350,000.

I think there were other cheaper options advertised before on here...

Leave a comment:

• Chilled.
    replied

[SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=arial black][SIZE=3]* FREE COCACOLA 1 LITRE[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Leave a comment:

• Donting101
    replied
    Only one way to find out. Who's going to take the plunge first?

Leave a comment:

• jimmi james
    replied
    Normally the ripp off stuff is priced at 100,000 or so a bottle. (And smells like turps) I think this guy's stuff is real.

Leave a comment:

• Donting101
    replied
    One sniff I will know if it's not macallan, against an inferior product. But I think it will be a lot easier than simply knowing about whiskey, I think if it is a fake then anyone would know.. As the replacement product would have to be pretty diabolical (cheap crap) for them to make any money out of the whole excercise. Think about it, a product which is even slightly convincing would have to be pretty decent to fool even the average punter that what they were drinking was what they thought they were buying. This guys business would dry up within a matter of weeks if he was trying to push something even more inferior to Johnny red, as macallan 12 for arguments sake. I'd want to go round there and smash the bottle over his head in front of his wife and kids if he tried to pull a stunt like that. No one would accept that kind of bullshit and they'd be banging on his door for their money back. So almost doesn't make sense that it would be fake. But never the less I have heard about fakes being sold in SE asia, but usually it's lower end stuff like resealed Smirnoff bottles where the difference to the average punter is negligible or non existent once mixed with coke. In Thailand it's standard practice in bars. Trying to push upper end products though I'm not sure if it would be worth it as they wouldn't get away with it. Some nutter will eventually get upset and go round to the OPs and torch the place
    Last edited by Donting101; 25-08-14, 19:52.

Leave a comment:

• martindo
    replied
    I tend to agree with Chilled, but Tihzo is right to voice *some* amount of skepticism. Not total skepticism, because alcohol prices didn't drop all that much after Prohibition ended. There is still a huge markup, including "sin tax", so if you can circumvent some of that (e.g., duty free, smuggling), then you can really slash the price. Of course, a counterfeiter can make *serious* profit by making crap and pricing it to match the smuggler. So, who really knows?

Leave a comment:

• Chilled.
    replied
    I dont think its a fair comparison.
    One is furniture and look at a somewhat macro scale (no one inspects the apple furniture to deem if the handphone is genuine), the other is inspected on a micro scale where alcohol is a chemical composition and specifically tamper-evident packaging is inspected to deem if the alcohol is genuine, before tasting it.

Then again, I dont really drink so they can fool me.

Leave a comment:

• tihzho
    replied
    C'mon people at these prices they are not original. If China can counterfeit Apple and IKEA stores bottles of booze is a snap! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• martindo
    replied
    Is the wax seal on the bottle solid evidence of new? I heard that Thais had mastered the art of counterfeit sealing on their "imported" liquor 20 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    New or used?

Leave a comment:

• martindo
    replied
    Yes, we can get some evidence from a social network sharing about a specific source of liquor. Hopefully, the people vouching for it weren't too drunk when they opened the bottle and were sure the stuff was authentic!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X