Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack, best not to list luxury goods or anything with high value such as that on this forum, this is a cyber 'garage sale'. Most of the expats who post here are not your Jakarta stock-exchange or your 20k-month oil guys, they're teachers, middle managers, and small business owners (partners). Most of them won't have a clue what an AP ROO is, as you described above. ignore the stupid comments from the uninformed, and remember you'd get the same reaction in a 'real life' garage sale from the punters looking for a rusty lawn mower. do yourself a favour and stop replying

Comment

Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
      Jack, best not to list luxury goods or anything with high value such as that on this forum, this is a cyber 'garage sale'. Most of the expats who post here are not your Jakarta stock-exchange or your 20k-month oil guys, they're teachers, middle managers, and small business owners (partners). Most of them won't have a clue what an AP ROO is, as you described above. ignore the stupid comments from the uninformed, and remember you'd get the same reaction in a 'real life' garage sale from the punters looking for a rusty lawn mower. do yourself a favour and stop replying
      Huehuehuehue can't beat them rusty lawn mowers!

But realistically speaking, even the expats that are stock managers or 20k/mo oil guys that post here would've ridiculed the sale to begin with... if you're looking for "dumb" expats, you may want to try hitting up Kemang on a saturday around 1am when they're all nice and drunk and haven't the faculties to figure out that paying 25jt for a keyfob is a really, really silly idea.

But I'll stick to my rusty lawnmower.
      sigpic
      bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Powell View Post
        Well won't you look at that.. an infraction point.
        [MOD NOTE] For the record, Jake Powell has no infractions. He is mixing up "reputation" (which is given by members, Jake) with "infractions" (which are given by moderators in response to violations of our posting guidelines).

Speaking of the PG, we're not supposed to bicker, as I will gently remind all thread participants.[/MOD NOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by MadCat View Post

But realistically speaking, even the expats that are stock managers or 20k/mo oil guys that post here would've ridiculed the sale to begin with... if you're looking for "dumb" expats, you may want to try hitting up Kemang on a saturday around 1am when they're all nice and drunk and haven't the faculties to figure out that paying 25jt for a keyfob is a really, really silly idea.

Wow what a silly post. Why should anyone in a 'for sale' thread be ridiculed for anything? How pathetic! If you don't want to buy it, don't! Simple as that really!

And how did you come to the conclusion the OP was marketing his goods to 'dumb expats' ?? He has his add in various places and posting it he is just casting his net a little further. Someone in need of one of these keys may google search it and the first result could be this forum, who knows. You clearly have no clue about the item in question and how expensive some of these high end car parts and how different the prices can be in different parts of the world. if you're interested in the item then make an offer, If not then mind your own business

Comment

Originally posted by MadCat View Post

Huehuehue? What? Either you're Brazilian or you're an internet gamer spending the entire day playing League of Legends. What are you doing on my sale if you're not a potential buyer?
            They don't let kids in to art exhibitions, so same thing applies here.

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
            [MOD NOTE] For the record, Jake Powell has no infractions. He is mixing up "reputation" (which is given by members, Jake) with "infractions" (which are given by moderators in response to violations of our posting guidelines).

Speaking of the PG, we're not supposed to bicker, as I will gently remind all thread participants.[/MOD NOTE]
            Ok. Noted. Better that way anyway. Thought I was going against the entire forum but good to hear it's just a certain amount of members.

Comment

Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
              Wow what a silly post. Why should anyone in a 'for sale' thread be ridiculed for anything? How pathetic! If you don't want to buy it, don't! Simple as that really!

And how did you come to the conclusion the OP was marketing his goods to 'dumb expats' ?? He has his add in various places and posting it he is just casting his net a little further. Someone in need of one of these keys may google search it and the first result could be this forum, who knows. You clearly have no clue about the item in question and how expensive some of these high end car parts and how different the prices can be in different parts of the world. if you're interested in the item then make an offer, If not then mind your own business
              Thanks. And yes, this thread helped immensely in advertising. Just a simple Google search for the product and this thread is on the top of the results. So I can't say it's a "big" mistake posting here.

Comment

Selling in a forum is always risky because of the possible exposure AND the ability of people to give feedback on your item/price. The same way any of us would chime in when a seller comes in and try to sell obvious fakes or something that's obviously mis-priced (remember the one with the Japanese sword?), this to me is the same thing. People with different experiences chimes in with what they know. So the seller can take those criticisms with "if you don't want to buy, shove off" or however other ways they want to respond. Either way it will reflect on him/herself anyway and potential buyers will like/dislike the seller based on the responses

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
                  Selling in a forum is always risky because of the possible exposure AND the ability of people to give feedback on your item/price. The same way any of us would chime in when a seller comes in and try to sell obvious fakes or something that's obviously mis-priced (remember the one with the Japanese sword?), this to me is the same thing. People with different experiences chimes in with what they know. So the seller can take those criticisms with "if you don't want to buy, shove off" or however other ways they want to respond. Either way it will reflect on him/herself anyway and potential buyers will like/dislike the seller based on the responses
                  Okay, but I thought you were Mr. Sports Cars. How much did you pay for your car and its spare parts. Did you know it's almost 10jt just to change the oil out of a Rolls-Royce? And 25jt+ just to change a wheel? Is that overpriced? To some but not to those who can afford it. You're paying for the privilege. Not everything has to be cost-effective and practical. And I know there are lots of people viewing this thread it's almost hit 1k views. Certainly some are in the know or are interested or have friends who are interested. They're just not posting. Also, hop on over to JamesList website. That must be a heaven for cheapskates to complain about. And guess what, items are sold and sold..
                  Last edited by Jake Powell; 14-08-14, 15:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Powell View Post
                    Okay, but I thought you were Mr. Sports Cars. How much did you pay for your car and its spare parts. Did you know it's almost 10jt just to change the oil out of a Rolls-Royce? And 25jt+ just to change a wheel? Is that overpriced? To some but not to those who can afford it. You're paying for the privilege. Not everything has to be cost-effective and practical. And I know there are lots of people viewing this thread it's almost hit 1k views. Certainly some are in the know or are interested or have friends who are interested. They're just not posting. Also, hop on over to JamesList website. That must be a heaven for cheapskates to complain about. And guess what, items are sold and sold..
                    Sorry, no in Jakarta it doesn't cost almost 10jt to change the oil of a Rolls Royce. Or 25jt+ to change a wheel...oh you can certainly buy a wheel (before the tire) that cost 25 juta. But it's not something that is needed by most sports car owner. And sports car owners are not a high percentage of the population.

Also, not all sports car owners are willing to throw away money when it's not worth it. Some people perhaps. Glad you sold your item, your view points are definitely in the minority of all the people I know or able to interact with.

Comment

Since the items have sold and this thread is full of bickering(*), I'm closing it.

(*) Proof:

Originally posted by various members, some of whom are pretty funny
                      Are you on crack?

let's just call it "a fragrance"

the SSC part smelled of sarcasm

I wonder if anyone here has actually done anything meaningful in their lives than to assume I'm scamming. Actually I can't believe just how shallow and fragile the members here are.

Please, go away.

I only joined here through a referral from a friend saying this is a good place to put it. What a mistake indeed.

Wow what a silly post….How pathetic!

Either you're Brazilian or you're an internet gamer spending the entire day playing League of Legends… They don't let kids in to art exhibitions, so same thing applies here.

Comment

Working...
                      X