Clothing donation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing donation

I've got lots of women's (Aus sizes 12-16/UK 42-44) and some men's clothing that we don't wear anymore and rather than just throw away I'm looking for someone/somewhere to donate them to. Are there charity organisations here that I can take the clothes to (like St Vincents, Salvation Army etc in Australia...)? I live in Kemang so I don't want to have to travel very far to drop off.

I usually give my stuff to the maid to deal with (she can keep them, sell them, give them away, I dont mind) I do know they'll be put to good use.

Comment

Reminds me of the time when we were living in India.
      We had a clear out and Mika decided to dispose of some of her old clothes, amongst which was an old but genuine Chanel dress and shoes.
      Since our maid was a man, didnt see the sense in giving him those items, but a couple of times a week his neice used to come to do the ironing.
      So she got it, I wondered several times after if she ever realised they were real and what they originally cost.
      Last edited by K&M; 15-04-11, 11:06.
      [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
      There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
      Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
      [/FONT]

Comment

you mean Chanel right?

Comment

Nope. he meant Channel, as in made in one of the slum water channels....

Comment

genuine Channel daaaaaarling....

Comment

Chanel
              [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
              There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
              Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
              [/FONT]

Comment

The British Women's Association collect old clothes which they sell off to raise money for charity if you are interested. Do a goodle search for their website and contact details.
                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X