Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Clothing donation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing donation

I've got lots of women's (Aus sizes 12-16/UK 42-44) and some men's clothing that we don't wear anymore and rather than just throw away I'm looking for someone/somewhere to donate them to. Are there charity organisations here that I can take the clothes to (like St Vincents, Salvation Army etc in Australia...)? I live in Kemang so I don't want to have to travel very far to drop off.

I usually give my stuff to the maid to deal with (she can keep them, sell them, give them away, I dont mind) I do know they'll be put to good use.

Comment

Reminds me of the time when we were living in India.
      We had a clear out and Mika decided to dispose of some of her old clothes, amongst which was an old but genuine Chanel dress and shoes.
      Since our maid was a man, didnt see the sense in giving him those items, but a couple of times a week his neice used to come to do the ironing.
      So she got it, I wondered several times after if she ever realised they were real and what they originally cost.
      Last edited by K&M; 15-04-11, 11:06.
      [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
      There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
      Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
      [/FONT]

Comment

you mean Chanel right?

Comment

Nope. he meant Channel, as in made in one of the slum water channels....

Comment

genuine Channel daaaaaarling....

Comment

Chanel
              [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
              There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
              Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
              [/FONT]

Comment

The British Women's Association collect old clothes which they sell off to raise money for charity if you are interested. Do a goodle search for their website and contact details.
                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X