Looking for baby stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for baby stuff

We're adopting a 3 month old baby and are looking for the full kit: crib, baby seat, pram, baby clothes... the works. Anyway looking to clear out their baby stuff?

Congrats on your new addition. Sounds like the adoption was a rather sudden event. Sorry, all of our baby stuff not already given away was left back in the USA when we moved to Jakarta, else we would be glad to make a donation. Good luck with your search.

Comment

congratulations on the baby! whereabouts are you in Indonesia?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who matter won't mind, and those who mind don't matter."
      (Dr. Seuss)

Comment

Originally posted by BrettMcGuire View Post
        We're adopting a 3 month old baby and are looking for the full kit: crib, baby seat, pram, baby clothes... the works. Anyway looking to clear out their baby stuff?
        Hi..congratulations for the baby... i live near cilandak town square and i went there with a friend last week...citos at 3rd level has a lot of stocks for baby needs..local products not that expensive, sometime great discounts for new stuffs and very nice, i accompanied my aussie friend to there
        and the mother looked so happy cause she found a lot of cute costumes for her 1year baby boy.. d best fatmawati also has larger area for baby needs too...some places in kemang or itc kuningan...i saw also a baby boutique in radio dalam area but i forgot the name..im sorry...

is the baby boy or girl?
        Selamat ya...
        [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue]fear is where the negative power has a room to grow..so leave it.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by BrettMcGuire View Post
          I don't have anything that I can offer as far as baby stuff and all - we live in the US and our son just turn 18 this month..but I would like to extend our best wishes for you and family for the new additions....is it a boy or a girl?....

Warm regards,

M
          [FONT=Book Antiqua]If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague..[/FONT]

Comment

thanks ...

Thanks very much!

Comment

We're in South Jakarta - Pondok Indah

Comment

Thanks - the CiToS tip is really helpful - so far I thought that I would have to buy everything in Mother Care - expensive!

Comment

Thanks very much - its a boy. Girl next year. Very exciting!

Comment

Mangga Dua have lots and lots to offer. You can save a lot of money going there.

Comment

I'd second sandman. You can try the second floor of ITC Mangga Dua with a shop called Shinto. Go up two levels and you'll find Lido's.

Lido's is my number one choice. You'll be surprised how cheap baby things can be. Case in point: Baby Gym in MotherCare, Sogo et al is about Rp1jt+, I got it in a shop there for about Rp200.000. Baby Bather in MotherCare is also about Rp1jt, I saw it in the shop for Rp150.000.

Go visit. It has quite the selection in clothes, toys, toiletries and other baby essentials.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who matter won't mind, and those who mind don't matter."
                      (Dr. Seuss)

Comment

Mangga Dua usually has wholeseller prices, but the trip there from Jakarta Selatan is a long one through traffic. It's also expensive if by taxi and parking a headache if by private vehicle.

MataHari at CITOS mall is already pretty inexpensive for many household items. If you can catch Matahari during one of its several sales, you'll get 20%-30% off easily and sometimes 50% off on many items. During sales, Matahari is very good for prices.

ITC Fatmawati is also good, but I believe you'll have to bargain the prices. D'Best department store - almost across the street from ITC - also has good prices.

So again, unless you're in for a sightseeing trip to Kota, you've got good shopping places in Jaksel. Good luck.

Comment

PakRT is dead on about the transportations problems associated with shopping at Mangga Dua, but its not all that much different than getting any where in the city. Still, the bargains Butrfly points out are quite real and better that MataHari on its best day. Whether its worth the hassle is a matter of personal preference.

I'm a bargain hunter and enjoy dealing with small merchants who are willing to haggle. So for big ticket items or when we are planning on stocking up on something, baby paraphernalia for example, we brave the traffic, crowds, lack of AC and other discomforts to patronize Mangga Dua/Glodok/Pinangsia.

If you wish to check it out, plan to depart after the morning rush on a week day other than Friday and return before or after the afternoon rush. If you are near the outer ring road, I suggest you jump on that and loop around the east side of the city to the Ancol exit to Jalan Gunung Sahari which has a T-intersection with Jalan Mangga Dua a bit south of the toll. If you are without wheels, a taxi will cost around Rp. 150,000 depending on where you start. It would be better if you could enlist a friend with a car; even better if the friend has been to Mangga Dua before.

Comment

Thanks Sandman

Comment

hope you enjoy the shopping there...
                              [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue]fear is where the negative power has a room to grow..so leave it.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X