Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discovered Second Hand website in Indonesia: http://www.berniaga.com/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discovered Second Hand website in Indonesia: http://www.berniaga.com/

    I've bemoaned the fact that Craigslist isn't used here much making it harder to find second hand items. However I just found this site for second-hand ads and there's actually a few decent items here and there. Just passing on the info:

    http://www.berniaga.com/

  • #2
    Many more websites for 2nd hand stuff Rebecca.

    - The forum jual/beli on kaskus.co.id: The closest to Craigslist in terms of number of ads but also in terms of number of scammers and really weird stuff. This is THE go-to place to buy and sell second hand stuff. Chances are, if it's not available on kaskus, it's not available in Indonesia.
    - Tokobagus.com: Probably coming 2nd place after Kaskus.
    - Bukalapak.com: This is a newer player in the game and you can find both new and 2nd hand items there. This is the safer place to shop because they have an integrated payment system designed to protect both the buyer and the seller. The eBay of Indonesia if you will.
    - The Uppercrust mailing list: If you don't know this already, this is a mailing list you need to subscribe to where the vast majority of classified are from expats for expats. You'll usually find household items for sale from expats moving out as well as expats trying to place their domestic staff before they leave.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks! All I knew about was the Upper Crust. Someone should make a sticky with this information (hint administrators :0) Very helpful!

      Rebecca

      Comment


      • #4
        Just FYI,

        Had a fren who was chatting with police the other day about internet crime. Apparently the most cases filed has been through berniaga.com. Having said that, there's always scammers lurking on all websites. There are services on Kaskus that offer services to post positive ratings on sellers that have never sold before.

        Always make sure you do not randomly transfer the money before confirming the items belong to the seller and the account as well. Had a bad experience last year with a scammer last year. He had over 20 - 30 active websites looking pretty bonafide. The money was withdrawn in minutes from the account and unheard again.

        just my 2 cents.

        Comment


        • #5
          There's a new poster touring organic food here. Looks dodgy to me.
          Things happen for a reason...

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks. I never give money prior to seeing the items, and I always give cash. But you're right to be cautious. I would add---especially for women--that there have been some robberies and violent crimes in the united states when people go alone to a private home to see something "for sale". It can be a way to lure people--with money--to a hidden location. So try to have another person with you.

            This is probably less of an issue in Indonesia.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sorry I should add / amend my comments - one of mods checked it out and said it looks above board. Your comments re online safety are a timely reminder though, and spot on.
              Things happen for a reason...

              Comment


              • #8
                Berniaga is renouned for scammers and spam be very careful.

                Comment


                • #9
                  kaskus still my best, because they have "rekber". its a thirdparty person between buyer and seller that make sure the buyer & seller are got safety payment. so the seller just sent the goods to the customer, and before it the customer already transfer to "rekber". if the things is not meet with the criteria of the buyer so the buyer just ask to "rekber" no refund and cancel, also the goods are returning to the seller.

                  of course the famous "rekber"

                  that is some tips from me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by karl_marx View Post
                    kaskus still my best, because they have "rekber". its a thirdparty person between buyer and seller that make sure the buyer & seller are got safety payment. so the seller just sent the goods to the customer, and before it the customer already transfer to "rekber". if the things is not meet with the criteria of the buyer so the buyer just ask to "rekber" no refund and cancel, also the goods are returning to the seller.

                    of course the famous "rekber"

                    that is some tips from me
                    The thing about rekber is what prevents the buyer from lying that he didn't receive the goods or pretend the goods are broken and ask for a refund?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Freecycle used to exist in Jakarta, but I have not heard anything about it lately. Anyone with more time/energy/initiative than I have right now feel like looking into this? Or taking charge of a Jakarta Freecycle program (assuming, which seems likely, that it has lapsed?)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rebecca Johnson View Post
                        Thanks! All I knew about was the Upper Crust. Someone should make a sticky with this information (hint administrators :0) Very helpful!

                        Rebecca
                        Not to be flip (hint posters :0)

                        ...okay, I'm being flip, sorry about that... but..."administrators" (wm and paman) don't read all the posts on the forum - far from it. Moderators, while we try to keep up in general, also do not read everything that is posted.

                        If you think something is important enough to bring to administrator or moderator attention, send a PM; make a post report; or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Putting a "hint" in a thread that may or may not ever be noticed is not an effective way to contact the administrative/moderating team.
                        Last edited by Puspawarna; 18-02-14, 18:00. Reason: grammar

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                          The thing about rekber is what prevents the buyer from lying that he didn't receive the goods or pretend the goods are broken and ask for a refund?
                          first, the seller will give the number of receipment of delivery, so the rekber can checked to the delivery service that is the seller trully sent the goods.
                          and also if it done the buyer can't lie that he/she didn't receive the goods. and about pretend that goods are broken, it can be discuss first with rekber and seller about term & condition.

                          as far as i am using "rekber" i didn't got problem seriously.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by karl_marx View Post
                            first, the seller will give the number of receipment of delivery, so the rekber can checked to the delivery service that is the seller trully sent the goods.
                            and also if it done the buyer can't lie that he/she didn't receive the goods. and about pretend that goods are broken, it can be discuss first with rekber and seller about term & condition.

                            as far as i am using "rekber" i didn't got problem seriously.
                            I'm just a bit weary of rekber because when selling stuff on kaskus, many people wanted to buy 2nd hand electronics from me, to be sent to the other side of the country without even asking any question about the condition of the goods and not even bargaining. They always insisted on using rekber or similar service. I know that some people do this scam with paypal. I haven't used rekber yet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There are several sites which publish "penipus" such as http://www.datapenipu.com/cek-penipu.html

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X