Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED : sofabed or corner sofa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WANTED : sofabed or corner sofa

    any idea where I can get a good quality sofa bed or corner sofa in Jakarta besides ACEhardware/InForma/Ikea/Klikklak?
    already checked their stuff and didn't find one that I liked

    looking for something 2metres wide max (2 or 3 seaters)
    preferably with a "lounger" feature
    light brown/cream/beige

    also open for offer of used ones
    PM me the picture and asking price

  • #2
    we got ours at a furniture shop in Fatmawati raya.
    Next to Titan shop. It's called Dinasty.

    We have two sofa beds that can turn into a king size bed (it was a custom order because normally it'll only become a single bed) for IDR 3mio each. It was done in 2 weeks time and they delivered it to my place.
    [COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR]

    Comment


    • #3
      Is there an Ikea here? Didn't think there was.
      Things happen for a reason...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sweetmaria View Post
        we got ours at a furniture shop in Fatmawati raya.
        Next to Titan shop. It's called Dinasty.

        We have two sofa beds that can turn into a king size bed (it was a custom order because normally it'll only become a single bed) for IDR 3mio each. It was done in 2 weeks time and they delivered it to my place.
        Were you happy with workmanship and was it good quality sweetmaria?
        Things happen for a reason...

        Comment


        • #5
          It was of a very good quality, Michelle and the workmanship is excellent. After sales service is also very good. The owner speaks English quite well too.
          We decided to commission our sofa there after visiting tens of furniture shops including Informa to get one that meet our needs.
          each sofa or any furniture items that they sell are custom made. They have those on display but what they deliver to us is the one that we choose ourselves. We can choose the skin, the foam used in it, the size, even the design. They will also make furniture of your own design.
          [COLOR=black]
          [/COLOR]

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks!!
            Things happen for a reason...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
              Is there an Ikea here? Didn't think there was.
              true, not yet in Jakarta.
              hear they're planning to open one in Alam Sutra this year btw

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sweetmaria View Post
                It was of a very good quality, Michelle and the workmanship is excellent. After sales service is also very good. The owner speaks English quite well too.
                We decided to commission our sofa there after visiting tens of furniture shops including Informa to get one that meet our needs.
                each sofa or any furniture items that they sell are custom made. They have those on display but what they deliver to us is the one that we choose ourselves. We can choose the skin, the foam used in it, the size, even the design. They will also make furniture of your own design.
                just got back from visiting the store.
                indeed the owner and staff are really nice and helpful.
                but they actually did not produce the furniture themselves.
                they sell multi brands and those company did the customizing.
                I would imagine different brand will have different quality.
                since you are very happy with the result, could you let me know the brand you end up purchasing?
                thx so much

                Comment


                • #9
                  librantonia, I didn't recall the brand and it was not stated on the sofa itself. If you were in the store, you would notice one sofa bed with drinking glass holder on the arms. We chose that one. We didn't really care about the brand but we specifically asked for one that has good and sturdy foam since we planned to use it for ourselves or for our guests to sleep on when they crashed our place.

                  If you go there again, just tell them that you know them from me (my real name) with a bule and we went there with a dog. We still go there once in a while to get some desk chairs or just to check prices for items we plan to furnish the house with ( we recently purchased a desk chair with blue and orange combination on the skin. LOL).
                  [COLOR=black]
                  [/COLOR]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    haha yup noticed that one.
                    will I get a special discount if I mentioned your name? LOL

                    thx for the good tip btw!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm not sure if you can get a discount or not, but I definitely will. hahahahhahaaa.....

                      I suggest that you take time to check out some other shops as well to compare the price before you decide anything. we already visited almost all furniture shops around Fatmawati except for the plaza meubel to compare the price and their flexibility, and this one fits us the most. For you, it might not be the case.
                      [COLOR=black]
                      [/COLOR]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                        Is there an Ikea here? Didn't think there was.
                        And I hope it stays that way. I have a hard time understanding why people opt for imported pressed wood laminates when the local furniture industry produces such a staggering variety of high quality solid pieces.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                          And I hope it stays that way. I have a hard time understanding why people opt for imported pressed wood laminates when the local furniture industry produces such a staggering variety of high quality solid pieces.
                          Touche...not everyone wants "high quality (heavy) solid (timber) pieces... Ikea really have some fab stuff - especially for kids. Each to their own...but it is coming...
                          Things happen for a reason...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Actually there are a number of local styles and varieties that are quite delicate. Not all teak pieces are massive, heavy, and dark. My favorites are those that mimic Pennsylvania Dutch Shaker simplicity. Ikea, to my thinking, channels 50's fascination with the then new plastics and laminates. I suppose its OK if you need something you can disassemble, rebox and throw in the station wagon next to the pink f[FONT=arial]lamingos[/FONT] for the trip to a next posting. Like you said, to each his own.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                              Actually there are a number of local styles and varieties that are quite delicate. Not all teak pieces are massive, heavy, and dark. My favorites are those that mimic Pennsylvania Dutch Shaker simplicity. Ikea, to my thinking, channels 50's fascination with the then new plastics and laminates. I suppose its OK if you need something you can disassemble, rebox and throw in the station wagon next to the pink f[FONT=arial]lamingos[/FONT] for the trip to a next posting. Like you said, to each his own.
                              Pink flamingoes...!?!?! Harsh!! LOL!
                              Things happen for a reason...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X