Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charity to give clothes to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charity to give clothes to

    Hi everyone,

    Can you give me info on charities/missions/non-profits, etc. where I can donate massive amounts of gently used mostly women's clothing, but also children, and men's?

    A shelter, home for street women, etc.? Not sure what exists here like that but wherever clothing donations would be appreciated is fine.

    I normally collect from my friends and send suitcases to other developing countries via friends/family who visited us in the UK, but now that we are here, I would rather give stuff away here....and I have a lot....

    thank you

  • #2
    Nikki's salon was collecting for an Bekasi orphanage that burnt to the ground recently...
    Things happen for a reason...

    Comment


    • #3
      There are orphanages everywhere it seems. You could start by asking about your own immediate area. Any one of them would appreciate the offers.
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

      Comment


      • #4
        Okay thank you...I was also wondering about women's places as the majority of clothes are women's. I'm in Pondok Indah but I'm wiling to do a 'short' side trip to get stuff over to where it's wanted. I'll look up Nikki's salon. The problem is...until I learn Indonesian, no one seems to understand what I'm asking about!
        I'll get there....the stuff isn't here yet but I want it in and out our garage as soon as it all arrives! thanks again

        Comment


        • #5
          The American Women's Association in South Jakarta apparently has an op shop that accepts donations;the proceeds go to charities

          Comment


          • #6
            I know some places in Jakarta that could benefit from your stuff. There's one charity organization (called LDD) that I know supports poor fishermen's' family....also there's catholic church (that I know very closely) helps to provide for the poor

            Comment


            • #7
              hi Jenny,

              Maybe you can donate your stuff to my church..we usually have routine program to help poor people.

              if you okay, i or my partner can help you to pick up for your stuff..

              feel free to contact me..

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Jenny,
                due to flood that had hit Jakarta recently, especially Petamburan area,
                friends of mine need logistic, medicine and also clothes for kids and women in the temporary evacuation shelter at Yayasan Nurani Insani Jl. Petamburan III no. 4 Central Jakarta.
                Please contact Mr.Dedi at +62818721179.

                thanks for your help

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi Felix,
                  My stuff has not arrived yet so there is nothing available immediately. Once it all arrives, it will also take me some time to sort and organize what there is to donate. So unfortunately I do not have anything to suit what has been set up temporarily. Thanks



                  Originally posted by Felixmom View Post
                  Hi Jenny,
                  due to flood that had hit Jakarta recently, especially Petamburan area,
                  friends of mine need logistic, medicine and also clothes for kids and women in the temporary evacuation shelter at Yayasan Nurani Insani Jl. Petamburan III no. 4 Central Jakarta.
                  Please contact Mr.Dedi at +62818721179.

                  thanks for your help

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks. please private message me info. on your church and I will include it in the list I am maintaining of who to contact when I am sorted in a few months.



                    Originally posted by tuanbozz View Post
                    hi Jenny,

                    Maybe you can donate your stuff to my church..we usually have routine program to help poor people.

                    if you okay, i or my partner can help you to pick up for your stuff..

                    feel free to contact me..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JennyHM View Post
                      Hi everyone,

                      Can you give me info on charities/missions/non-profits, etc. where I can donate massive amounts of gently used mostly women's clothing, but also children, and men's?

                      A shelter, home for street women, etc.? Not sure what exists here like that but wherever clothing donations would be appreciated is fine.

                      I normally collect from my friends and send suitcases to other developing countries via friends/family who visited us in the UK, but now that we are here, I would rather give stuff away here....and I have a lot....

                      thank you
                      Hi!

                      My name is Aul. I am now volunteering for a non-profit organization in Jakarta called Sahabat Pulau. We are planning to hold a garage sale for charity, its actually a fundraising, tho. So now were collecting unused clothes, bags, shoes, etc. all those stuff will be on sale with the lowest price, and the outcomes is for the underprivileged children to continue their education. if you still have those stuff and want to give it away to us, we would be very happy! Kindly respond to me by email siaulll@yahoo.com thx alot!

                      https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...47126932_n.jpg
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Aul, sorry but my stuff hasn't arrived yet. I was just getting ready.
                        Thanks


                        Originally posted by siaulll View Post
                        Hi!

                        My name is Aul. I am now volunteering for a non-profit organization in Jakarta called Sahabat Pulau. We are planning to hold a garage sale for charity, its actually a fundraising, tho. So now were collecting unused clothes, bags, shoes, etc. all those stuff will be on sale with the lowest price, and the outcomes is for the underprivileged children to continue their education. if you still have those stuff and want to give it away to us, we would be very happy! Kindly respond to me by email siaulll@yahoo.com thx alot!

                        https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...47126932_n.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's okay, the garage sale for charity itself will be held in feb 17th, 2013. to let you know. thx

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by siaulll View Post
                            Hi!

                            My name is Aul. I am now volunteering for a non-profit organization in Jakarta called Sahabat Pulau. We are planning to hold a garage sale for charity, its actually a fundraising, tho. So now were collecting unused clothes, bags, shoes, etc. all those stuff will be on sale with the lowest price, and the outcomes is for the underprivileged children to continue their education. if you still have those stuff and want to give it away to us, we would be very happy! Kindly respond to me by email siaulll@yahoo.com thx alot!
                            https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...47126932_n.jpg
                            Hi Aulia,

                            I have been seeing and reading the contents of Sahabat Pulau website and and keen to contribute as well. I was wondering how can i getting involved in this organization.
                            Aside that, can you tell me about the upcoming event for this organization such as a garage sale like your previous thread. Too bad i have been missed that event.

                            Thanks..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The Salvation Army has orphanages in Surabaya, Semarang, Malang & Denpasar that I know of.
                              The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X