Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casting call (Free photo session with pro photographer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting call (Free photo session with pro photographer)

End of casting call. update May 16, 2011.

We have enough applicants. Thank you all.
    Last edited by sparkle; 16-05-11, 02:58.

I'm interested in why there is an age and previous recent photo criteria attached to your offer, will you be shortlisting potential applicants on how old they are and how they look?
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmdafyd View Post
      I'm interested in why there is an age and previous recent photo criteria attached to your offer, will you be shortlisting potential applicants on how old they are and how they look?
      Most likely, which is only fair since it's free.

Comment

Yeah, go figure!

Comment

All photos from the session will be our property and the models are required to sign model release. In return, you gain free photograph session with our professional photographer, 10 edited photos from our photo session, and discount on additional purchase (not required).
          Thw quote is copied from their website,
          Just FYI ,wby signing a model release, your photos can be used and published,Basically, anywhere they want.

Rough example, it can even be sold in istock/getty.
          [COLOR="#4b0082"]
          Second star to the right and straight on till morning ...
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by meichmoi View Post
            Thw quote is copied from their website,
            Just FYI ,wby signing a model release, your photos can be used and published,Basically, anywhere they want.

Rough example, it can even be sold in istock/getty.
            The purpose of signing the model release is just so we can use your pictures for our portfolio, either on our website or print media, basically for advertising purpose. Since we are professional, we can promise you that we won't use the picture in an unethical way or selling it for profit.

Comment

Guys, there's absolutely nothing wrong with what sparkle is offering. In fact, all credits goes to him (her?) for actually providing a model release form which some less scrupulous photographers would just not even care about.

This is called a TFP shoot offer and it's perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
                Guys, there's absolutely nothing wrong with what sparkle is offering. In fact, all credits goes to him (her?) for actually providing a model release form which some less scrupulous photographers would just not even care about.

This is called a TFP shoot offer and it's perfectly normal.
                Thx for the support and it's 'her', btw.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Why the pregnant woman in your website need to expose the pregnancy like that ?

I don't understand. The beauty and happiness of being pregnant, and the togetherness with her spouse can be seen clearly with the clothes on. And its more appropriate for the condition imo.
                    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Sparkle, I have a young baby but I am unclear how this can be a financial proposition. Baby just 40 days old. Need to know more of your credibility for this exercise, an undertaking would be required guaranteeing that any pictures taken would not be used for unethical reasons. Merits further thought

Comment

Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
                        Sparkle, I have a young baby but I am unclear how this can be a financial proposition. Baby just 40 days old. Need to know more of your credibility for this exercise, an undertaking would be required guaranteeing that any pictures taken would not be used for unethical reasons. Merits further thought
                        I understand your concern, mrcibubur. That's why we provided model release to protect both parties (the photographer and the model). The model release will grant permission to the photographer to release the pictures but also restrict the use of such photos in unlawful purpose. That's from the legal side.

In practice, we will meet all shortlist to explain further about the session and also to get to know each other personally & professionally; if afterward there's still hesitation the candidates have rights not to go ahead with it, of course we hope that won't happen Hopefully, this may help you in making the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly
                          says that woman that argues it is the wife's duty to fulfill her husbands sexual needs or face him taking a second wife.
                          Eh ..?

What its got to do with my question or statement about pregnant tummy being exposed ?

Sparkle, I mean no harm to your business. I hope you are not offended. I'm just curious and asked you simple question after browsing your website. I like photography as well and took many photos of me and my kids since they were babies. I was pregnant twice, and no way I wanted to and if I ever pregnant again would want my pregnancy being exposed without the clothes on. Especially if its for the commercial thing.

Its beautiful and delightful for being pregnant, but things got to be placed in a proper way.
                          Each to their own, of course.
                          Last edited by Alia; 06-05-11, 16:27.
                          Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Actually Alia whilst I respect your values, it is not uncommon in the West for pregnant women to be photographed naked with or without their babies.
                            Have look at the link for some idea, perhaps not to everyone's taste but a valid art form in my opinion.
                            IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Yes Ohm, in the West.

Comment

Working...
                              X