Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED: a Decent MOTORCYCLE in SURABAYA !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: a Decent MOTORCYCLE in SURABAYA !!!

just moved to surabaya.
    are there any decent used motorcycles for $3000 (US) or less?
    can someone recommend a shop or resource that i can use to find something that would make long trips but be not too big to tool around in traffic?
    i looked at honda mega pro and tiger, but would like something a bit bigger.
    as i said an oldie is fine by me.
    i was rocking a 20 yr old honda cb750 for years on the streets of new york city.

Hehe, i miss my 28 year old yamaha XT550 so much. Gone are the days of feeling brute torque for me and just about anyone who is not super rich living in this country.
    I bought a minerva 250m a few months back. Its probably not enough to satisfy you though it looks the part. Im thinking to sell it soon for around 23jt ( approx $2450 ). The reason i want to sell it is due to the use of inferior parts used for the brakes and suspension and general dissapointment in performance. I know a contact who can modify the bike to address all the issues but it will cost a few hundred $ and i live in jkt anyway.
    the best performing bikes that indonesia has to offer ( in my opinion ) are the kawasaki ninja 250 and the kawasaki klx 250 depending weather you preferre the sports or mx type bike. The ninja is a 2 stroke though. The other issue is the price. Both bikes being around $5000 brand new but since you mentioned you dont mind 2nd hand, you should be able to find them around $3k if you look around enough.

Comment

Are expats able to get credit for purchases such as bikes?

Comment

How much are you willing to pay for a Honda CB400S with 12,000 KM on the clock?

Comment

Just walked talked to a guy who is selling a 1999 Honda CB400S here in the Ubud area. The bike is still for sale at Rp34million, and it is in great shape. The catch is that the bike is not fully street legal. At the moment. Turns out the mafioso who was "registering" big bikes in cahoots with the Bali police got greedy and failed to forward part of the proceeds to the police. The police got mad, and in retribution started confiscating bike bikes and not honoring the ad hoc informal "registrations". Par for the Indonesian course. Ergo, the police doesn´t make any money, the state treasury gets no money, the seller cannot sell his bike and you are left unable to buy a big bike. Bad law, bad administration of justice, bad for business.

Comment

Working...
          X