Looking to buy a scooter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a scooter!

In October, we're going to be purchasing a scooter. We're hoping to get an automatic step-through bike, but we're open to a manual or even a regular motorcycle if the price is right. We're planning on going to a dealership and buying new, but if someone is looking to get rid of their bike in the next month or so, please, let us know! Especially if it's a scooter! (Especially if it's a Honda Vario Techno!)

Remember you must have a local licence (SIM C) as your foreign licence is no good here.

Comment

If resale value, serviceability, original value, fuel economy and reliability are of importance to you, the obvious choice is a Honda Supra X.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
        If resale value, serviceability, original value, fuel economy and reliability are of importance to you, the obvious choice is a Honda Supra X.
        Apart for the fuel economy (Yamaha Jupiter Z -110 cc- and MX -135 cc- seem to be lebih irit), I agree with the Honda Supra's choice.

Comment

That's good to know mite, our's has been sitting gathering dust for months now, perhaps we should consider selling it and using the cash for a treat.
          Any idea of the depreciation rate?
          IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

I don´t know. How many KMs and what year? A new one runs for about Rp$16 million.

I am now in the process of gauging the fuel consumption of my fuel-injected Supra X once again, but I´d be surprised if those carburated Yamaha´s surpass it. I´ll let you know.

Comment

The Honda Supra's aren't bad, but we'd really prefer a step-through/scooter... I wear a skirt to work every day and I haven't quite managed the side-sitting that some of the local ladies do... With a scooter, I wouldn't have to expose my lady-bits each time I get on... My local ojek drivers get such a treat each morning right now!

Comment

I am now in the process of gauging the fuel consumption of my fuel-injected Supra X once again, but I´d be surprised if those carburated Yamaha´s surpass it. I´ll let you know.
                IDR 15000 (not even 3,5 liters) allow me to do around 125 km with a Yamaha Jupiter Z. I have never had that with a Honda Supra.

Comment

Try a fuel-injected Honda Supra X. On a previous thread, Mauricio reported that he was getting 50km to the liter riding tandem...

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                    IDR 15000 (not even 3,5 liters) allow me to do around 125 km with a Yamaha Jupiter Z. I have never had that with a Honda Supra.
                    I'm going to have to check this next time I fill up but it's less that Rp45,000 from empty (before reserve) and I will easily get 350km before I have to drop into a petrol station again.

Assuming that's correct, I'm getting better than 36km/L. That means my Tiger is doing at least as well your your Yam and I'm not hanging about driving for economy.

Comment

Try a fuel-injected Honda Supra X.
                      I have recently tried a couple of Honda Supra, but to be honest I have no clue concerning the fuel system. IDR 15K was allowing me a maximum of 100/110 km. I have to admit that I didn't ride conservatively... Was often full gas.
                      On a previous thread, Mauricio reported that he was getting 50km to the liter riding tandem...
                      You mean this thread... http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...?t=3371&page=3
                      The Yams were more irit at the beginning. 50.000 km and 70.000 km after they still have an acceptable fuel consumption (as per my above post), but they have never offered me 50km/liter on a tandem rider (40/45 was the maximum I believe when they were still new). Thumbs up to Honda. I have certainly misread one of Mauricio's post dulu... I thought I read a much smaller ratio km/liter. Anyway, I've really enjoyed riding the small Honda Supra in Bali and Jawa recently, and I will very certainly buy one soon. It is also much more confortable than the Yams for longer ride. Definitively a good buy.

Comment

Most bebeks are carburated. Why? Because the fuel-injected models are slightly more expensive.

Comment

I cannot speak highly enough of my Suzuki Skywave scooter. It is pretty quick around town, comfortable in traffic, keeps the road-crap off you when it's wet, and has a cavern-sized compartment below the seat that takes a helmet or a large bag of groceries.

I'm surprised to read my fellow expats comparing fuel economy between small bikes - even if you use Pertamax as I do the difference in fuel costs between models in an average week wouldn't buy you a coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by gffgold View Post
                            I'm surprised to read my fellow expats comparing fuel economy between small bikes - even if you use Pertamax as I do the difference in fuel costs between models in an average week wouldn't buy you a coffee.
                            I think that we were comparing it not in terms of savings but in term of performance. The saving would just buy you a glass of cheap coffee, I agree, certainly not a cup of the beverage we both like.
                            Last edited by atlantis; 23-09-09, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                              I think that we were comparing it not in terms of savings but in term of performance. The saving would just buy you a glass of cheap coffee, I agree, certainly not a cup of the bevrage we both like.

Off thread... I was given a bag of Sumatran Kopi the other day, no idea from where in Sumatra, and my sister in law brought me a couple of kilos from her farm in Malang, mixing the two makes a very nice brew...
                              Now I just need to get down to Yogya to pick up the Italian Moka Pot coffee maker my friends have brought from Oz mmmmmmmm.
                              IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Working...
                              X