Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Vespa '66 Super VBC 150cc for SALE!!! Check This Classic Baby Out ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Vespa '66 Super VBC 150cc for SALE!!! Check This Classic Baby Out ;)

[FONT=Georgia]Dear friends [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]I'm letting go my precious sweet baby:[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]- 1966 Vespa Super VBC 150cc [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Fully restored with 95% original parts[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Brand new engine (we usually use Pertamax)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Speedometer in excellent condition[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Bright lights[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- New tires & wheels[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- New metallic paint [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Item location: South Jakarta (RC Veteran Bintaro)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Jakarta license plate[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Feel free to call my brother @ 021-92810001 at ANY TIME[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]Serious Buyers ONLY!!! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]Only first come & serious inquiries will be answered!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Thank you so much for your time; I look forward to hearing from you soon [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]===Vespa Lifestyle: Fun, Freedom & Adventure=== [/FONT]

Last edited by Vespaholic Gal; 08-07-09, 22:06.

More Pics of Vintage Vespa '66 Super VBC 150cc

[FONT=Georgia]Feel free to call my brother @ 021-92810001 at ANY TIME[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]Serious Buyers ONLY!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Thank you so much for your time, have a pleasant evening ^_^[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]** Define Yourself & Be Part of a Distinctive Lifestyle - That Is VESPA!** [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]- 1966 Vespa Super VBC 150cc [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Fully restored with 95% original parts[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Brand new engine (I usually use Pertamax)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Speedometer in excellent condition[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Bright lights[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- New tires & wheels[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- New metallic paint [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Item location: South Jakarta (RC Veteran Bintaro)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]- Jakarta license plate[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Feel free to call my brother @ [SIZE=4]021-92810001[/SIZE] at ANY TIME[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]Serious Buyers ONLY!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Only first come & serious inquiries will be answered!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]=== Embrace the Italian Passion in You ====[/SIZE] [/FONT]
    Last edited by Vespaholic Gal; 08-07-09, 22:07.

Comment

What is the asking price?

Comment

Great looking ride; so clean you could eat off of it. Too good for the road -- perhaps a museum would be interested.

Comment

Vintage Vespa '66 Super VBC 150cc

[FONT=Georgia]@beebop: Thanks for your message, just sent a reply via PM [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]@waarmstrong:[/FONT]
          [FONT=Georgia]Thanks so much for the compliments [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Yeahhh, my brother is soooo in love with this baby...loves it more than life itself In fact, his girlfriend used to get so jealous over this baby LOL...[/FONT]
          [FONT=Georgia]Basically he has spent a great amount of time to make sure it always runs smooth & sexy ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Thanks once again guys! If you have any further questions or like to take a look at the Vespa in person, please feel free to call my brother @ 021-92810001 at any time.[/FONT]
          Last edited by Vespaholic Gal; 08-07-09, 22:07.

Comment

and what is the asking price?

Comment

To the OP:
              Post the asking price as per the Posting rules of this channel (http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ead.php?t=2110) and as requested by two posters.
              If not, I will delete the thread in 24 hours from now. Thanks.

Comment

[FONT=Georgia]Hi Kingwilly & Atlantis! Thank you for your messages [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]The price is Rp. 10 million - we're pretty much open for negotiation - just name the price and we'll consider it [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]If you have any further questions or like to take a look at the Vespa in person, please feel free to call my brother @ 021-92810001 at any time.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Thanks once again, ' look forward to hearing from you soon [/FONT]
                Last edited by Vespaholic Gal; 08-07-09, 22:08.

Comment

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=black]Hey, where did everybody go?!?! LOL[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=black]FYI, I'm also available at Facebook:[/COLOR][/FONT]
                  [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=black]www.facebook.com/people/Vespaholic-Gal/1722292301[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=black]Once again, if you guys have any further questions or like to take a look at the Vespa in person, feel free to call my brother @ 021-92810001 at any time.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=black]I look forward to hearing from you soon! [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Georgia]Have a great weekend! [/FONT]

Last edited by Vespaholic Gal; 08-07-09, 22:08.

Comment

Vintage Vespa '66 Super VBC 150cc - NOW ONLY Rp.8.75 Juta - Grab It Fast!!!

NOW ONLY Rp. 8.75 Juta

[FONT=Georgia]Feel free to call my brother @ [SIZE=5]021-92810001[/SIZE] at ANY TIME - Grab It Fast!!! [/FONT]
                    Last edited by Vespaholic Gal; 08-07-09, 22:11.

Comment

I have seen this scooter spammed everywhere from skype and facebook.
                      It takes a minimum of 1200-1500 dollars to restore a scooter properly in indonesia,but this is being sold for 8.75 jt ?!?!?

Be very careful people, believe me i know what i am talking about here.
                      I can see serious defects on the brakes and hubs just from the photos.

Comment

where can you see the defects?

I have contacted the person selling this and i am curious about your commentss?

where can you spot the defects i cannot see from the picture ? the scooter is a 66 so for sure isn't brand new?
                        be happy to get your input
                        regards
                        Tooney

Comment

Originally posted by Tooney View Post
                          I have contacted the person selling this and i am curious about your commentss?

where can you spot the defects i cannot see from the picture ? the scooter is a 66 so for sure isn't brand new?
                          be happy to get your input
                          regards
                          Tooney
                          This scooter is a kampung blow over meaning a knackered old scooter that has had a quick paint job and a few cosmetic parts for a quick sale at an extremely over inflated price. If you look closely at the front forks you will see overspray on the shock absorber rubber indicating that the unit wasnt stripped to its primary components before painting, so that is obviously the original shock absorber for a start.The owner also just used a single colour to paint everything in sight as opposed to taking the time and at least try to be authentic and has sprayed the forks,the fork link cover,the back plate and the brake arm the wrong colour and obviously without stripping everything down as one would expect from a full restoration. (cost cutting??) If you look at the head of the bolt showing through the hole in the fork link cover that is also blue so this tells me none of the parts like the shock bolt, brake arm cam or main wheel bearings have been replaced. So if "her brother" cant even be bothered to strip down the things that can be seen then do you really think that the oil seals and bearings inside the engine or any other main components have been replaced?? I think not.

If you look at the lugs on the front hub where it meets the wheel rim (which is also the original rim - how true to centre will that run ??) The original Vespa hub used flat backed studs not hex bolts not only are these dangerous (as they snap due to the tensility of the cheap metal used) it also says to me this is the original hub that has been damaged at some point in the past and this scooter is being run with the original brake liners in the original hub. If you look at the brake arm where the cable is connected half of the linkage is missing, there should be the lower linkage and a proper cable clamp on there, this has the typical kampung cable through the main arm bodge and leads to the cable snapping within a few hundred miles. see my scooter pictures below showing the highlighted missing parts.

Please also see the photos below of the white 66 super that we just built for a customer in bali. This is how they should look, this one has the correct seat, emblems and badges, panel trims, and is a proper "complete restoration" not a kampung death trap. I am sure that anyone without even a passing interest would be able to see the difference. As the boards resident scooter fanatic i implore you to walk away from this scooter you are considering it will only lead you to a costly repair bill at best and possibly a road accident at worst. I am happy to help you find a scooter for yourself or build one for you.

Please note: that with the stocks of base models now being depleted in Europe Idonesians have caught on that bules ae prepared to pay big money for an old scooter and as a result there a now hundreds of these type of "blowovers" becoming available for silly money i would warn all veiwers to this board to exercise extreme caution as i have see some real horrors during the last 10 years or so that are extremely dangerous. These items include 2 frames welded together, filler covering totally rotten bodywork and bodged brake systems. Despite owning a scooter workshop i am happy to give free advice to anyone on this subject

Cheers.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ScooterIndo; 14-09-09, 14:06.

Comment

What a thorough review you have given... all that just by looking at photographs... you could be a detective like mr. sherlock holmes... :P

Comment

Scooter,

Thank you for your detail reviews.

And your insert picture....classic and sexy, indeed
                              [FONT=Book Antiqua]If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague..[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X