Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Vespa Sprint 1977 For Sale ASAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vespa Sprint 1977 For Sale ASAP

Ok, I'm leaving Indonesia in a few weeks and I need to sell my Vespa. I was planning on sending it back to Europe in a container but the process is too time consuming/ expensive so I am pretty sad to be leaving it behind.

I bought it in Jogja about a year ago then shipped it on the train to Jakarta a few months ago. In the past year I have done:

New breaks (front and back)
    New suspension
    New seat
    New electrical (EVERY wire has been replaced because I was sick of having electrical problems)
    Rebuilt Engine
    New carburetor
    Rebuilt transmission
    New clutch
    New paint
    New cables (break, clutch, gears, etc)
    New Tires

I would never go as far as saying that you won't have any problems with it, because with a Vespa from 77 that's a pretty bold statement, but I can say that it is reliable (for a vespa). It's probably not the best scooter to drive to work everyday in macet, but it's a lot of fun, quick, and great to drive on the weekends. I always serviced it at a shop called Vespaholic in Jogjakarta, then in Palmerah since I moved here. Whenever something breaks I have always repaired it the right way, no shortcuts with this one. It has the original headlight and speedometer (which works).

Price is 5.5juta, and the Vespa is in Sudirman/Setiabudi. If you want to come check it out or test drive it just let me know and we can arrange something.

Tyler

I'll post some photos of it soon!

http://tinypic.com/r/33z7aq8/7
    http://tinypic.com/r/28ckcq8/7
    http://tinypic.com/r/qo6ez8/7

Comment

Just looked at the pictures, anyone looking for a Vespa Sprint this is an absolute bargain at 5.5jt.
      I paid 6jt for my sprint (Bali DK plates) 5 years ago.

Comment

with all that work done in the last year... at that price...... wish I had some spare cash laying around.... I'd snap it up

Comment

Still available? Let me talk to the hubs-- he's had his eye on a Vespa for a while...

Comment

Yes, it's still available, just send me a private message if you're interested.

Comment

Okay, lemmee talk to the husband. He's the one lusting after a Vespa.

Comment

Still available tyler?

Comment

The vespa is still available. I didn't sell in on time before I left Jakarta so I ended up leaving it at a friends house near Senayan. If anyone is interested just send me a message.

Comment

Sold???? Or not

Comment

Ditto. I may also be interested if this bike isn't sold yet?

Comment

Sorry, guys! I bought it for my husband as a Christmas gift... It's gone!

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaB View Post
                          Lucky husband! How is he finding it?

Comment

He adores it!

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaB View Post
                              You have just become the most perfectest wife in the whole wide world.

Comment

Working...
                              X