Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Thule 696 Expedition Rack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thule 696 Expedition Rack

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=5]Thule 821 Expedition Rack[/SIZE][/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Superb European construction, all aluminium panels[/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]Looks particularly attractive on SUVs like Honda CRV, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Rush[/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]In brand new condition, never installed, never used, never anything...[/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]99 x 158 cm[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=5]Rp$5 million[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by Mauricio; 14-06-09, 19:17.

This is still up for grabs, for anyone looking to give their SUV a little more flash and functionality...

Comment

Mauricio, perhaps your rack is a bit to stylish for my ubiquitous, Kijang kapsul, but I am still interested except for one thing. From the photo it appears that I would need to have a factory rack or at least side rails already in place -- in order for the Thule to have a place to attach. I am afraid that my Kijang has a smooth top. Let me know if I am correct? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, you are correct. The rack that I am selling is attached to existing rails and crossbars on the roof of a car. You can have a crossbar system installed on any type of roof. If your car roof is smooth bald and has no rails, rain-gutters, etc, you can still have a crossbar system installed provided that you don't mind drilling holes on the roof. If you go this route, make sure the person doing the installation puts anti-rust lube in the newly-drilled holes and on the treads of the bolts, and that s/he does a good job with gaskets to make sure that the roof doesn't leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauricio View Post
          Yes, you are correct. The rack that I am selling is attached to existing rails and crossbars on the roof of a car. You can have a crossbar system installed on any type of roof. If your car roof is smooth bald and has no rails, rain-gutters, etc, you can still have a crossbar system installed provided that you don't mind drilling holes on the roof. If you go this route, make sure the person doing the installation puts anti-rust lube in the newly-drilled holes and on the treads of the bolts, and that s/he does a good job with gaskets to make sure that the roof doesn't leak.
          I like the idea of having a roof rack. There is usually more family than car when we decide to arrange an outing, leaving almost no room for luggage. Still I think the drilling, greasing, gasketing & screwing is more than I want to tackle, Mauricio, especially since we will probably trade in the Kijang next year. You have great stuff for sale, but we seem to inhabit slightly different worlds. Hope you find a buyer; its a shame to have quality items collecting dust.

Comment

I just came back from the sole distributor of Thule in Jakarta in Kelapa Gading. Their price on the same item is Rp$6.5 million.

Comment

I just came back from the sole distributor of Thule in Jakarta in Kelapa Gading. Their price on the same item is Rp$6.5 million.

well there you go mite, if you sell it back to them they could make a clean profit of satu juta.
              IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

I should cuz they have none in stock.

FYI, the only other distributor of Thule in Indonesia is in Surabaya. The Jakarta distributor is in Kelapa Gading's Mall of Indonesia (MOI). They also sell mid-range bicycles.
                Last edited by Mauricio; 04-06-09, 15:43.

Comment

I have a canvas bag that attaches to a roof rack like that.

anyone want it? what would be a fair price?

Comment

waterproof? what dimensions? Got fotos?

Comment

can do. I discovered that I'd accidentally packed it from my last move, I'd sold the car that had it.

looks a bit like this...

http://www.roof-rack-supplies.co.uk/...-on-car-lg.jpg

cannot recall the brand or dimensions but i'll check when i get home tonight.

i'll pm details if your interested, but aren't you selling your car rack? you'll have nothing to use it with!

Comment

M you made me laugh, makasi I don't do that often at the moment...one minute your trying to sell it then the next you looking at a canvas bag for it...
                        Actually i would have thought it perfect for you expeditions and am wonderring why your selling, tho' it's none of my business so just ignore that.
                        IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                          can do. I discovered that I'd accidentally packed it from my last move, I'd sold the car that had it.

looks a bit like this...

http://www.roof-rack-supplies.co.uk/...-on-car-lg.jpg

cannot recall the brand or dimensions but i'll check when i get home tonight.

i'll pm details if your interested, but aren't you selling your car rack? you'll have nothing to use it with!
                          well he is newly married, something kinky perhaps?

Comment

It's a nice rack. The more I think about it, the more I wanna keep it, particularly when I found out what it sells for here in Jakarta and the fact that I have yet to see another one installed on a car. The person who buys it will have a sort of unique (in Indonesia) rack. The reason I want to sell it is because I can't use it till I get roof rails and crossbars installed on the little black truck, and that won't happen till September. Plus the Navara has the largest bed in its class so I am not running short on cargo area...

Comment

Perhaps your rack is a bit to expensive, you can find a new one in jakarta at http://www.rodalink.com/id/thuleprod...ype_id=3&id=14

Comment

Working...
                              X