PDA

View Full Version : Surat girik?

Vulgarian
06-12-12, 10:20
Hi there.

I've never heard of a Surat Girik before. Could anyone enlighten me as to what it is and how it can be converted to to a SHM? Would you ever consider buying a Surat Girik property?

Nimbus
06-12-12, 11:22
Girik is basically a letter stating possession of a certain plot of community land, it is considered equivalent to property tax receipt. Girik can (and should) be converted into sertipikat. Because the transfer and/or division of a girik is often informal, or is registered only with the local Kelurahan, any buyer should conduct due diligence to make sure no other claim exists on it. The only reason why people don't always convert a girik to a proper title is the administrative cost (official & unofficial) of the process.

Alia
06-12-12, 15:55
Tanah girik is tanah adat or other lands that hasn’t been converted into any certificate with any title of land ownership and hasn’t been registered at BPN .

In the villages tanah girik and who holds it are shown in the form of papers called petok D, girik, ketitir, pipil etc. In the big city that tanah adat will be called verponding Indonesia. Although it can be ‘owned’ by a person and they obliged to pay yearly taxes of land and building on it if there is any, those papers are not the proves of land ownership, it is just the prove that the tax are being paid every year. It can be traded too and converted to SHM. Several steps on the trading and register it to BPN will be :

Register the girik to BPN with recommendation from lurah, camat completed with letter from RT RW where the girik located that the land is not in any dispute. Along with its SPPT PBB usually for the last 10 years.
Site Survey and measurement by BPN, they will then draw gambar lokasi / surat ukur for certificate.
Jual beli of girik by notaris and payment of BPHTB , signing of AJB
Process by panitia adjudikasi of BPN
Announcement at BPN followed by its legalization
Release of SHM

Vulgarian
06-12-12, 23:55
Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. Couple of follow-ups.

Where would one go about checking if there's any other claim to the land?

How long is a piece of str... I mean, how much would one expect to pay over the process of converting a girik to SHM?

Edit: The land is in South Jakarta and is 110 m2.

Nimbus
07-12-12, 01:12
Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. Couple of follow-ups.

Where would one go about checking if there's any other claim to the land?

How long is a piece of str... I mean, how much would one expect to pay over the process of converting a girik to SHM?

Edit: The land is in South Jakarta and is 110 m2.

First you need to see the original girik, not some piece of photocopied paper. It's not uncommon for people to borrow money informally by using the original girik as security, then sell the land to a gullible buyer. When the lender shows up with the original, you're SOL.

Second, check with the kelurahan. Make sure they say that the girik is kosher.

Even after these precautions, there's always a risk that the girik is falsified. I remember a huge case in Meruya where a company bought giriks for a humongous piece of land from a local mandor and started a dispute. People currently occupying the land have SHM from BPN, but the unscrupulous mandor apparently sold the paper twice. How that's even possible? That's Indonesia to you.

Part of the reason girik land is cheaper is because there's risk involved.

I'm not familiar with the customary cost. I suppose it depends on how complicated the case is. My parents got a land tangled in some sort of girik mickey mouse deal. They spent a decade getting it squared away. I dare not ask exactly how much they spent, probably in the tens of millions Rp.

Hombre de Maiz
07-12-12, 08:53
We were interested in tanah pipil once here in Bali. When we consulted our PPAT, his advice was simple, "jangan cari yang susah. Yang gampang aja." He does not handle pipil transactions because he wants to stay away from problems. Caveat emptor. Don't go looking for masalah, bung.

waarmstrong
07-12-12, 22:45
My wife's mother's home was on a girik plot in Jaktim. We began an effort to convert it to an SHM holding, following the process pretty much as Alia succinctly described in post #3. We started the conversion some years ago, so I did not remember all the ins and outs, but I do remember it took years to complete.