PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviations/Acronyms and their meaning

simarkbotak
22-03-09, 00:16
Hi Everyone,

As Atlantis has suggested, I am starting a new thread on Indonesian Abbreviations and Acronyms we are faced with in our daily lives in Indonesia.

Cheers,

Mark

SKLD - Surat Keterangan Lapor Diri:
Letter from your local police acknowledging that you have reported your existence

atlantis
22-03-09, 05:19
Thanks Simarkbotak. I was lazy to initiate the thread. I just would like to add that a SKLD is required by any foreigner staying on a KITAP/KITAS and should be done in the delay of 30 days after the issuance of the KITAS/KITAP.

A cousin of the SKLD is a STM (Surat Tanda Melapor) which is required wherever any foreigner is sheltered. IfHotels are responsable for declaring the foreigner(s) staying in their place. If it is in a private owned house, the landlord should be the one reporting (passport datas of the foreigner(s) are required) and ideally a copy of the STM should be kept by the foreigner.
It should be done in the delay of 24 hours after that the foreigner started to be sheltered. Report to get a STM should be done at the local police office.

atlantis
22-03-09, 07:28
PLN: Perusahaan Listrik Negara (Literally State Electricity Company)
PT PLN (Persero) (http://www.pln.co.id/) is the national electricity company. They are the one to be buzzed when things become dark in the house, but don't expect much from them. Their motto is promising however: Listrik untuk Kehidupan yang Lebih Baik (Electricity for a better life).:rolleyes:

DPAM: Direktorat Pengembangan Air Minum (Directorate for the development of drinking water)
It is the national water company. A joke... (specially the "air minum" part)

atlantis
23-03-09, 07:45
JakPus: Jakarta pusat (Jakarta city center)
JakSel: Jakarta Selatan (South Jakarta)
JakTim: Jakarta Timur (East Jakarta)
JakBar:Jakarta Barat (West Jakarta)

DKI Jakarta (http://www.jakarta.go.id/en/): (literally Special Capital District/Region of Jakarta). DKI stands for Daerah Khusus Ibukota. It was previously known as Batavia, Sunda Kelapa, Jayakarta and Djakarta.

JaTim: Jawa Timur
JaBar: Jawa Barat
SumUt: Sumatra Utara
SumSel: Sumatra Selatan
SulSel: Sulawesi Selatan
SulUt: Sulawesi Utara ;)
SulTeng: Sulawesi Tengah
SulBar: Sulawesi Barat

All are Indonesian provinces names where Barat stands for West, Timur for East, Selatan for south, Utara for north and Tengah for central.

radit_bezit
27-03-09, 02:03
Ahahahahahaha ... Waow!! This is good thread ...

SKSD : Sok Kenal Sok Dekat

I don't have any other serious word but for today, I think it is one word that occasionally used by indonesian. hehe ...

atlantis
27-03-09, 05:40
Ahahahahahaha ... Waow!! This is good thread ...

SKSD : Sok Kenal Sok Dekat

I don't have any other serious word but for today, I think it is one word that occasionally used by indonesian. hehe ...

Short explanation for those who don't speak Bahasa Indonesia: it would be said about someone pretending to be close to someone else...
Good one... and very actual in period of election.:D:cool:

atlantis
27-03-09, 12:30
WNI: Warga Negara Indonesia refers to Indonesian citizens
WNA: Warga Negara Asing refers to foreigners

beebop
30-03-09, 16:56
Can someone tell me whats POA ? Apparently i have to do this on my second extension of my sosbud visa.

atlantis
30-03-09, 20:02
Can someone tell me whats POA ? Apparently i have to do this on my second extension of my sosbud visa.

POA stands for Pengawasan Orang Asing (supervision of foreigner). Each foreigner intending to stay in Indonesia more than 90 days should register to the POA section of Imigrasi. The foreigner get fingerprinted and photographied (sometimes they let you bring your own pics).:rolleyes:

A foreigner holding an Izin Kunjungan (it's your case) should do it no later than 14 days after his/her 90th day of stay in Indonesia. Imigrasi will remit him/her a simple Surat Bukti POA
A foreigner holding an Izin Tinggal Terbatas or an Izin Tinggal Tetap should do it at the issuance of his/her KITAS/KITAP. Imigrasi will give him/her a Buku POA (the infamous blue book)

atlantis
03-04-09, 12:26
Depnaker or Depnakertrans
It is the Departemen Tenaga Kerja dan Transmigrasi or in other words, the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration

IMTA
It is the work permit that a company needs to request if she wants to employ a foreigner. It means Ijin Mempekerjakan Tenaga kerja Asing

RPTKA
It is the employment of foreigner plan that a company needs to get approved by depnakertrans before getting a work permit issued. It stands for Rencana Penggunaan Tenaga Kerja Asing and should state the needs of the company in terms of foreign working force and should list the reason why the foreign worker is needed, his exact position and occupation within the organizational structure of the company, the timeframe set for the use of this foreign worker and the appointment of Indonesian worker associated to him that will benefit fom his expertise.

DPKK
It is the fee paid upfront by the company to have an IMTA issued. It is equivalent to USD 1200 a year and is theorically used by the Indonesian governmnt to train indonesian workers to get the same level of knowledge than a foreigner. The acronym stands for Dana Pengembangan Keahlian dan Keterampilan (litterally Donation/funds for the developpement of expertise and skills).

simarkbotak
03-04-09, 18:48
PMA

Penanaman Modal Asing - Foreign investment

PMDN

Penanaman Modal Dalam Negeri - Local Investment

BKPM

Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal - Investment Coordinating Board

http://www.bkpm.go.id/

stt_cibubur
24-04-09, 11:00
I need these everyday:

SIM : Surat Izin Mengemudi - Driving Licence.
STNK : Surat Tanda Nomor Kendaraan - Vehicle Registration Number.
KTP : Kartu Tanda Penduduk - Civil Identity Card.

Bule need these:

KITAS : Kartu Izin Tinggal Sementara - Temporary Resident permit card.
KITAP : Kartu Izin Tinggal Tetap - Permanent Resident permit card.

Thats it for today..lol.

atlantis
24-04-09, 16:33
Thanks for the additions... :)
I am sure others know some more acronyms... Let's keep it coming...

littleiyut
02-05-09, 02:30
ABRI - Angkatan Bersenjata Republik Indonesia (National Armed Forces)
AURI - Angkatan Udara Republik Indonesia (Air Force)
AD - Angkatan Darat (Land Force)
AL - Angkatan Laut (Navy) I'm not sure (forgot) if they actually have RI at the end of AL and AD
POLRI - Polisi Republik Indonesia (Police)
KAPOLRI - Kepala Polisi Republik Indonesia (Head of National Police)
Hansip - Pertahanan Sipil (not sure what it is in english:confused:)

atlantis
02-05-09, 07:21
AL dan AD's correct acronyms are respectively ALRI and ADRI.

HanSip is a very interesting one. A correct translation could be "civil defense". They are the lowest unit in the Indonesian paramilitary. Their name is not anymore officially "hansip" (though are still commonly called this way) but "LinMas" (which stands for "perlindungan masyarakat/community protection") and are mainly responsable for security and order in neighbourhoods, villages or subdistricts.
Under Indonesian regulation, hansip/linmas are appointed by the community, trained by the army and work under the supervision of the Kantor Camat. This is the official stuff. However, in the reality, the neighbourhood are the one paying their salaries (at least most of it), and in return they act as a neighbourhood watch, patrolling to make sure that everything is OK and that eeryone can sleep safe. They can be called for special duties also. They were watching that no fights occured in the TPS during the recent elections for example.
When I married, they were sent, courtesy of Pak Lurah, to "ensure security" outside my house... and were obviously the first "guests" to be piss drunk.:rolleyes:
Anyway, many are great guys, doing a great job.

littleiyut
02-05-09, 12:38
LinMas:(! It doesn't sound as nice as Hansip don't you think? Maybe because I am so used to it with the acronyms since I was a little. Thanks for that Atlantis. I don't know why they change the name although their job seems exactly the same to each other:confused:. Are we becoming like the British Government who change things for the sake of changing it?
TNI - Tentara Nasional Indonesia (National - Soldier) I forgot it yesterday. I like this thread because it streched my memory (well trying to!) when I was growing up in Indo. I used to laugh a lot with the acronyms, my friend and I always trying to make it funny or a bit naughty at school.

waarmstrong
02-05-09, 20:32
Correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe ABRI is an obsolete (although still widely used) New Order era term for when the police & military were all under the same umbrella. TNI is the new term for the armed forces sans the cops.

atlantis
03-05-09, 06:18
Absolutely correct. ABRI is the former name of the Indonesian army. I thing that the name has been changed in 1999, a bit after that Soeharto's gone with Pak Wiranto being the first Panglima of the "new" TNI.

atlantis
27-05-09, 16:18
As per ReveurGAM's request:

VITAS = Visa Izin Tinggal terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit Visa). This is the sticker visa collected in a KBRI abroad which will give right to an ITAS.
ITAS = Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit). This is the immiration status/permit by itself. It is materialised by the stamp in your passport that Imigrasi stamps every year.
KITAS = Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary stay permit Card). This is the yellow card that Imigrasi will give you after the ITAS has been granted.

ALIFina
02-06-09, 08:33
ITAP/KITAP = Maximum five year permanent stay permit. This permit is only available for certain III - VI KITAS holders, and is only availble for certain upper ecelon position in organizations.

ITAP = Izin Tinggal Tetap (Permanent Stay Permit). This is the immigration status/permit by itself. It is evident by the stamp in your passport that immigration stamps.
KITAP = Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Permanent stay permit Card). This is the blue card that immigration will give you after the ITAP has been granted.

Sin2u
19-07-09, 12:04
Who can help me with the following headache causing acronyms:

menpu
menbudpar
puslabfor

Mauricio
19-07-09, 12:17
Men = Kementerian or menteri = ministry or minister
bud = budaya = culture
par = pariwisata = tourism

Ergo, MENBUDPAR: Ministry of Culture and Tourism

I reckon PUS stands for Pusat/Center

atlantis
19-07-09, 12:27
menbudpar
This one, I am sure, stands for Menteri Kebudayaan dan Pariwisata, the minister fo culture and tourism.

puslabfor

Here I believe you refer to the Central Forensic Laboratory which is a branch of POLRI, our national police. The real name is Pusat Laboratorium Forensik and is located in MABES POLRI in Jakarta.

Menpu
This one is another Minister I believe and could well be the Menteri Pekerjaan Umum from the letters (meaning that it should be written MenPU an not Menpu). If I am not wrong, it would be then the Minister for Public Works.

cheche
12-08-09, 23:27
SKJ = Surat Keterangan Jalan aka Travelling Permit, Every working foreigner should have this, if you want to travel beyond out of your residency other wise you can stay overnight in Hotel Prodeo. Hehehe..well you can negotiate with the police then...

cheche
12-08-09, 23:30
Titi DJ = Hati-hati di Jalan (be careful on road)

cheche
12-08-09, 23:32
Aspal = Asli tapi palsu (immitation)

cheche
12-08-09, 23:34
Mansur = Makan Surang (Dont share food)

cheche
12-08-09, 23:37
SKJ = Senam Kesegaran Jasmani ( a kind of aerobic....)

cheche
12-08-09, 23:39
DLL = Dan lain-lain (etc)

godsmadman
13-08-09, 00:10
Titi DJ = Hati-hati di Jalan (be careful on road)

Titi Kamal = Hati-hati Kalo Making Love ...

PDA = Please Dong Ah ...

Nescio
14-08-09, 12:57
BTN = Bank Tabungan Negara, a state-owned bank and Indonesia's largest mortgage lender.They also build relatively cheap, more or less standard houses which are mortgaged to Indonesians with small bank accounts. It's custom to ask people where they live and regularly someone will tell me that he/she lives in 'BTN", a nearby area wherever you are where BTN has built these houses.

During one of my first visits to Indonesia (Bali) I asked someone what 'BTN" stands for, and the guy told me, Bangunan Tidak Normal. Later I learned that in many occasions the quality of the building/building materials caused this conversion in translation.

Chris S
07-11-09, 05:39
TTDJ

--> Hati Hati di Jalan meaning have a safe walk/trip

Sorry if this has been posted before

Reef1
07-11-09, 05:56
Perpus = perpustakaan >> library

TTM = Teman Tapi Mesra >> Friends with benefits haha..

CLBK = Cinta Lama Bersemi Kembali >> The return of old flames/love

PW or PeWe = Posisi Wuenak >> Comfortable Position. As in, "Aku tidak mau kemana-mana, soalnya udah PW." Translate to, "I dont want to go anywhere, i'm comfortable here."

rainame
12-02-10, 00:08
These acronyms/abbreviations are the ones I encounter most of the time (aside from some previously mentioned words):

1. BI - Bank Indonesia (Central Bank)
2. BAPEPAM - Badan Pengawas Pasar Modal (Indonesian Capital Market)
3. NPWP - Nomor Pokok Wajib Pajak (Taxpayer Identification Number)

wm
01-03-10, 18:07
We had fun with a similar thread years ago .. and these acronyms were shared (you'll note I've also added some from this new thread) ... http://www.expat.or.id/info/acronyms.html

Enjoy

wm

TheBrightBlue
01-03-10, 20:32
TK = Taman Kanak Kanak (Pre School)
SD = Sekolah Dasar (Elementary School)
SMP = Sekolah Menengah Pertama (Junior High School)
SMA = Sekolah Menengah Atas (Senior High School)

Jojoba = Jomblo Jomblo Bahagia (Happy singles)
Joker = Jomblo Keren (Cool Single)
Maksi = Makan Siang (Lunch)
Pungli = Pungutan Liar (imposition of fees from the business that shouldn't be collected or imposed, it's illegal and most pungli collected by the officers or pejabat, etc)

Gatsu = Gatot Subroto (Gatot Subroto street)
Jabodetabek = Jakarta Bogor Depok Tangerang Bekasi
Plangi = Plaza Semanggi (a shopping mall in Semanggi, South Jakarta)
Pasfes = Pasar Festival (a mall next to Apartemen Rasuna Said, Kuningan, South Jakarta)
PIM = Pondok Indah Mall
Sency = Senayan City
PS = Plaza Senayan
TMII = Taman Mini Indonesia Indah ( the beauty of Indonesia in miniature http://www.tamanmini.com/index.php?modul=home&lang=ina )
Dufan = Dunia Fantasi (Fantasy World, in Ancol, South Jakarta)

baliexpat
26-04-10, 13:12
How about PPAT as used by notaries?

TheBrightBlue
26-04-10, 13:58
How about PPAT as used by notaries?

PPAT = Pejabat Pembuat Akta Tanah (English : official certifier of title deeds; Land Deed Official)

ganeca
01-05-11, 23:12
SPLP (Surat Perjalanan Laksana Passport) refers to Travel Documents in leiu of Passport

Dtravler
03-05-11, 14:22
SusBud = Sosial Budaya = Visa for social visits to Indonesia. Can be sponsored by any individual (friend, family). Have to be applied for outside of Indonesia. Valid for 2 up to 6 months

ngg = tidak apa apa = It's okay, It doesn't matter. Mostly used in writing, but also sometime said.
satpam = Satuan Pengamanan = Security guard
PI = Plaza Indonesia = Upper-class Mall in Jakarta Pusat
GI = Grand Indonesia = A little more standard mall than PI, next door.

mrcibubur
06-07-11, 08:15
I think it is easy to be confused between all the different terms for VISA, Sponsor letters and people we wish to deal with in the various Departments. Atlantis postings are terrific for their information and input and I am just picking up on his recent new thread about conversion to KITAP (which is currently closed). If I am wrong on anything, others will correct me. Even though I visit Immigration office regularly over the last few years, I do not actually know their job titles, your faces! SOSBUD Social Budhaya VOA Visa on Arrival KITAS Kartu Izin Tinggal Sementara (Temporary Resident Permit Card) ITAS Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit) - stamped in the Passport and works with the KITAS VITAS Visa Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit Visa) (process started inside DirJen Jakarta, obtained at Consulate overseas) KITAP Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Permanent Stay Permit Card) (Blue Card) ITAP Izin Tinggal Tetap (Permanent Stay Permit) (stamped in Passportr and works with KITAP) POA Pengawasan Orang Asing (Supervision of a Foreigner) (Blue Book issued to go with KITAS) KTP Kartu Tanda Penduduk (Civil Identity Card for Indonesian citizen) SKTT Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal (Temporary residential Card) (Green Card issued by Catatan Sipil) STM Surat Tanda Melapor (Letter of Report) (Issued by Polres or Police Resort as Sponsor registering your stay in Indonesia) SKD Surat keterangan Domisile (Letter of Residence) Issued by Mr R T confirming you live where you say (not always required) SKLD Surat Keterangan Lapor Diri (Police Card0 (Processed by Polda for your Wilayah and issued by Mabes Jakarta) KK Kartu Keluarga (Family Card) issued to every Indonesian by the Kantor Kecamat The following I think are also important terms to understand in the visa process SURAT JAMINAN Sponsor letter SURAT KUASA Authority letter for a third party to act or do something on your behalf PERMOHONAN Applicant PETUGAS The Immigration officer KAKANIM chief Immigration officer Atlantis has made reference to SEKSI STATUSKIM, SEKSI WASDAKIM. Perhaps he or someone else could separately explain who the various personnel are in the chain of events I also wish to cover the following Departments in simplest forms KANTOR IMMIGRASI Your nearest Immigration Office where the Process starts KANTOR WILAYAH Regional Immigration office (not always as close as you think) DIRJEN JAKARTA The main Immigration controlling office in jakarta through whom everything is finally administered POLICE RESORT (POLRES) Where we report to the Police on arrival to Indonesia (the Sponsor reports, not we report ourselves) POLDA Where we get the SKLD (again, its regionalized and may not be the nearest one to you) CATATAN SIPIL Civil Registry Office for issue of Identity Card such as KTP/SKTT, Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates KANTOR LURAH Your Village/District Registration office KANTOR KECMAT (KECAMATAAN) One step up from Kantor Lurah and one step down from Catatan Sipil (issues the Kartu Keluarga)

travellingchez
06-07-11, 17:28
@ mrcibubur (http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/member.php/6088-mrcibubur) Any chance of you editing the post to make it readable (problem with the new software?). Looks like some useful info but it's hard to read with no editing especially as I'm dyslexic.

mrcibubur
06-07-11, 21:05
Looks like a software problem indeed. What I typed to itemize by numbers came out completely differently when I posted it on the thread. the same thing happened a few days ago when I posted a breakdown of my incurred costs on application for Sosbud to Kitas. I have saved it as a word document, so can always send it to you or anyone that way if necessary. Unless someone has an idea on how to fix what should be a simple problem. Quite a few Techies on here I have noticed with all this talk about Androids, this fix should not be beyond them

atlantis
07-07-11, 04:10
Hi Mr Cibubur,
All you need to do is clear your cache.
See here (and the following posts #30 & #32): http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/16467-Anyone-else-having-problems-with-forum-post-editor?p=176423&viewfull=1#post176423
T (http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/16467-Anyone-else-having-problems-with-forum-post-editor?p=176423&viewfull=1#post176423)hanks to Sergei and Sky Garden.

mrcibubur
07-07-11, 08:47
1. SOSBUD Social Budhaya Visa (Visitor Stay 211)

2. VOA Visa on Arrival (Tourist Visa 213)
3. KITAS Kartu Izin Tinggal Sementara (Temporary Resident Permit Card)
4. ITAS Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit) - stamped in the Passport and works with the KITAS
5. VITAS Visa Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit Visa) (process started inside DirJen Jakarta, obtained at Consulate overseas)
6. KITAP Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Permanent Stay Permit Card) (Blue Card)
7. ITAP Izin Tinggal Tetap (Permanent Stay Permit) (stamped in Passport and works with KITAP)
8. POA Pengawasan Orang Asing (Supervision of a Foreigner) (Blue Book issued to go with KITAS)
9. MERPS Multiple Re Entry Permit Stamp for Kitas/Kitap
10. SERPS Single Re Entry Permit Stamp for Kitas/Kitap
11. EPO Exit Permit Only
12. ERP Exit Permit and No Return to Indonesia
13. KTP Kartu Tanda Penduduk (Civil Identity Card for Indonesian citizen)
14. SKTT Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal (Temporary residential Card) (Green Card issued by Catatan Sipil)
15. STM Surat Tanda Melapor (Letter of Report) (Issued by Polres or Police Resort as Sponsor registering your stay in Indonesia)
16. SKD Surat keterangan Domisile (Letter of Residence) Issued by Mr R T confirming you live where you say (not always required)
17. SKLD Surat Keterangan Lapor Diri (Police Card) (Processed by Polda for your Wilayah and issued by Mabes Jakarta)
18. KK Kartu Keluarga (Family Card) issued to every Indonesian by the Kantor Kecamat
The following I think are also important terms to understand in the visa process
SURAT JAMINAN Sponsor letter
SURAT KUASA Authority letter for a third party to act or do something on your behalf
PERMOHONAN Applicant
PETUGAS The Immigration official
KAKANIM chief Immigration officer Atlantis has made reference to SEKSI STATUSKIM, SEKSI WASDAKIM. Perhaps he or someone else could separately explain who the various personnel are in the chain of events
I also wish to cover the following Departments in simplest forms
KANTOR IMMIGRASI Your nearest Immigration Office where the Process starts
KANTOR WILAYAH Regional Immigration office (not always as close as you think)
DIRJEN JAKARTA The main Immigration controlling office in Jakarta through whom everything is finally administered
POLRES Where we are reported to the Police on arrival to Indonesia by our Sponsor
POLDA Where we get the SKLD (not likely to be near you)
CATATAN SIPIL Civil Registry Office for issue of Identity Card such as KTP/SKTT, Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates
KANTOR LURAH Your Village/District Registration office (also called Kelurahan)
KANTOR KECAMAT One step up from Kantor Lurah and one step down from Catatan Sipil (issues the Kartu Keluarga) (Also called Kecamatan)
PENGADILAN AGAMA Divorce Court for Muslim marriages
KANTOR URUSAN AGAMA Registration/process office for Muslim marriages
IMPORTANT WORDS
Akta Kelahiran Birth Certificate
Akta Nikah Marriage Certificate
Akta Perceraian Divorce Certificate
Akta Kematian Death certificate
Desa District or Village
Kabupaten Area or Region
Wilayah Province or Region
Kecamatan Region
Materai 6000rp Stamp to go on Sponsor letter before signing
Buku Nikah Marriage Books issued by Kantor Urusan Agama
Pengajuan Obligation
Syarat-Syarat Requirements
Penghulu Muslim KUA official who marries you
Pernikahan Marriage
Surat Jaminan Sponsor letter
Surat Keterangan Recommendation letter
Surat pernyataan Recommendation letter
Surat Kuasa Authority letter
Surat Ukur Building Permit
Tanda Bukti Hak Sertipikat Proof of Ownership of Land or Property (Title Deed)
Tanda Bukti Laporan Perkawinan Proof of Registration of Overseas marriage to Catatan Sipil
Kantor Pertanahan Land Registry Office
Pernikahan Marriage
Putusan Proof or Terms of Petition (for Divorce)
Pemohon Applicant
Permohonan application
Termohon Receiver
Lengkap Complete
Rangkap Copy
Panjar biaya perkara Payment of Deposit

vuduciel
06-09-11, 12:24
In Bandung:
Korcon Kiara Condong
Angkot Angkutan Kota
Jerman Jendral Sudirman ( street name)
PasBar Pasar Baru
Otista Otto Iskandar Dinata ( streeet name)
Bubat Buah Batu

BT/ BETE Boring Total
Lebay Berlebihan
Malming Malam Minggu
CUMI Cuma Mikir , Cuma Missed call, Cuma Mirip, Cuma Minjam, Cukup Miris dll:)
KOOL Koalitas Orang Lowclass
Meneketehe Mana ku tahu

use in online forum (pop at Kaskus)

Mimin Administrator
Momod Moderator
WTS Want to Sell
WTB Want to Buy