PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy legit copies of computer games in Jakarta.

Istiqal
01-08-08, 16:15
Hello how is everyone today? I was wondering if there is any place in Jakarta where I could buy the latest computer games (the actual legit copies, not the pirated ones since I am slightly paranoid to install pirated games due to potental chance to catching viruses and stuff.) If there isn't any actual place to buy them at, are there any web sites I could go to so I can order, and ship them to Indonesia?

In case your wondering which computer games I am looking to buy, they are Spore and Warhammer age of reckoning (I know they're not out yet, but I just wanted to know before they are available to purchase worldwide.) Thank you for your time, and if this is in the wrong place please move this post to the approriate area. Have a nice day.

nicko
01-08-08, 19:33
You can buy it in Mangga Dua Mall.

honey
02-08-08, 17:58
is there any PS3 copy in Jakarta?

kingwilly
02-08-08, 18:07
^ yah dong

honey
02-08-08, 18:15
aw..where is it? orgy so damn expensive

novita77
03-08-08, 01:53
han ... si sam want PS 3 for 7th bday presents. If i buy the PS, can it play the copy right away or do i have to do something with the PS3 console?

kingwilly
03-08-08, 08:29
han ... si sam want PS 3 for 7th bday presents. If i buy the PS, can it play the copy right away or do i have to do something with the PS3 console?

If you buy the game here, should be ok to play copies, but if you buy it from overseas, you will need to get it 'modded' or 'chipped' before it can play copied games...

will take about 100K and maybe an hour or so.

honey
04-08-08, 11:52
kingwilly ok i'm not a hightech person and dont know how to chipped it or modded it..but haven't tell me where can i find the copy? i'll give a try;)

kingwilly
04-08-08, 12:31
kingwilly ok i'm not a hightech person and dont know how to chipped it or modded it..but haven't tell me where can i find the copy? i'll give a try;)

Copies of games are everywhere... stalls in most malls like ITC or Ratu Plaza will have them.

To get it chipped or modded just ask staff selling games.

tania
16-10-08, 16:35
I really don't think that you can get a PS3 copied games yet in Indonesia because they are in Blue-Ray Disc format we have surveyed in Mangga Due, Glodok, Mal Ambassador, Etc. with NO LUCK at all. Most of the shops informed us thet there is NO pirated Blue-Ray's available in Indonesia YET... :)

My hubby is also a game mania and he bought those PS3 Original Blue-Ray Disc for about Rp.350'000 - Rp.400'000,- depending on titles.

Besides that you can also watch Blue-Ray movies on the the console and that is a BIG plus for it as it costed Rp.4 million for the console... :)

My 2 cents.. :)

alfdwihan
16-10-08, 20:55
you could find it at glodok or mangga dua mall

tania
21-10-08, 03:27
you could find it at glodok or mangga dua mall

Find Blue-Ray Discs in Mangga Dua mall ? You can try your luck, cause, me and hubby just went there on Sunday and they didn't have any Blu-Ray Discs. Oh yes, those movies they sell using Blue-Ray logo's are actually DVD's and not Blue-Rays... :) :) :) :)

LightSaber
01-09-09, 16:16
Sorry to interrupt, but i guess this thread was started by someone asking where to buy orginal pc games, correct? Frankly, it's so hard to find one (especially new titles) in jakarta. But the best chance is, should there be another computer expo at JHCC/Jakarta Hilton Convention Center, go there. If you're willing to scan the whole convention area dilligently (really exhausting), with luck, you'll usually find one or more original pc games vendors.

About original songs and movies in cd and dvd, just go to shops like disc tarra, society, or gramedia at the malls. Sometimes they have one or two titles in blue ray.

David Kessell
01-09-09, 21:21
I’m not sure about games, but I bought an original Windows XP as I was annoyed with the extra things I had to do, like never be able to download all updates as some where the malicious software removal programs and they would stuff up my computer, I am pretty illiterate when it comes to programming and lazy, I just want the thing to work. Can’t be happier now, paid the extra bucks and it is all hassle free. Though I should have listened to my gf when she said that if I installed this new XP everything would be wiped, like iTunes etc, No they wont I said, what do know she was right, ha ha.
I have bought copy games and they have been ok generally, it will come with a number to key in to fool the computer it is an original game. Give Gramedia a go for original stuff but I’m not sure if you can get games there, maybe just office stuff.

beebop
02-09-09, 01:17
I have been having difficulty finding original dvd movies. First i bought the out rite fakes and was shocked about how pathetic the quality was. Then i bought a couple "originals" from carrefour that came with a police stamp type thing on them declaring it to be original, but just found them to be exactly as bad quality as the fakes. My last efforts were to try rent from a dvd rental store which had a big sign saying that they rent out original dvds, only to find it was fake again and had those police stickers on them. There is nothing more irritating than watching a bad quality dvd. They could atleast try make better. There is software out there capable of making perfect reproductions but they still pushing out crap.
Same goes for ps2 games. There are dual layer games that simply get edited to fit on a single layer disk which now has lost all the movie cut scenes, leaving you lost about whats happening. Other games have glitches too and are probably downloaded from internet.
To top it all off, originals are near impossible to find because of all the asses pushing out the fakes in the masses.

gffgold
02-09-09, 07:24
I can't remember the name but there is a game shop in Senayan City that sells original games (all formats) and even original Windows software, too.

I remember the incredulity that greeted me a couple of years back when I went into a local computer shop and asked if they had an original Windows XP. I don't think the guys there had ever seen such a thing.

kingwilly
02-09-09, 11:48
I can't remember the name but there is a game shop in Senayan City that sells original games (all formats) and even original Windows software, too.

I remember the incredulity that greeted me a couple of years back when I went into a local computer shop and asked if they had an original Windows XP. I don't think the guys there had ever seen such a thing.

worth checking out, thanks.

paper.rockscissor!
09-09-09, 17:19
dont buy a ps3
buy xbox 360 instead

kingwilly
10-09-09, 14:05
dont buy a ps3
buy xbox 360 instead

yup. 360 rocks.

what games you play?

I've finished Fallout 3, and still having fun playing Assassin.

paper.rockscissor!
10-09-09, 19:00
Unfortunately I own PS3
and that such a tragedy.....
I played GTA4, Saint Row2, heavenly sword, ridge racer.

I own PS2 and it rocks. Do you play bully game? that thing rocks

kingwilly
11-09-09, 11:48
GTA4 is ok, but the movement gives me a migraine if i play it for long.

beebop
14-09-09, 07:50
I just got a ps2 the other day. Have lots of "catching up" to do before i bother getting a 360 or ps3. Been enjoying the god of war series very much!

entlife79
09-01-10, 08:54
Yap. PS3 must be original as far as I know.....
I tend to buy second hand PS3 games in SG. Cheaper.

beebop
10-01-10, 21:56
Geez! I saw resident evil 5 being played by a group of kids in the mall. Its hot!! Thinking to get a ps3 one of these days. Second hand seems to be the way to go. if you look at the kaskus website, there are groups of people who rotate ps3 games all the time and do a bit of swapping as well as selling.

Mas Fernando
15-01-10, 21:11
If the OP or anyone are still looking, the easiest and most complete original game shops in Jakarta, I found, so far are 2:

1) Software Boutique
They have 2 branches: Mangga Dua Mall top floor and Poins Square. I've only been to the one at Mangga Dua but from what I have seen, they have a good selection of original games. I bought my copy of Dragon Age Origins Collectors Ed there and it's quite a damn cheaper (for an original limited edition) compared to prices in Singapore and Australia

2) Level Up Shop
I can't remember the exact location but it's close to Strawberry Cafe in South Jakarta. They sell many original PS3 games and accessories. Bought my Street Fighter IV and Infamous from this shop. In general, I find the prices for PS3 games at this shop to be cheaper than the Mangga Dua store above.

Hope that helps :smile2:

lone_ranger
08-07-11, 07:29
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone found any other legit game shops that can be added to the list? I am thinking of getting Crysis 2 but couldn't find an original copy in M2M recently (or maybe I didn't try hard enough). Will try POINS square today.

mike ariteus
08-07-11, 08:48
try harco mangga dua .. at floor 4 or 5 there is small shop who sell original copy of dvd games for ps3, and computer game .. or just browsing

1. http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=1813779
2. http://www.indosoftwareboutique.com/

hope can help...tq

lone_ranger
08-07-11, 10:54
Thanks I think I will try software boutique POINS square this weekend.

mike ariteus
08-07-11, 12:14
ok Sir.... nice to helping people... cheers

joelx
20-07-11, 12:01
you could always get computer games from Steam like I do, try to get the daily deals for insane discount on great titles!

http://store.steampowered.com/

lone_ranger
22-07-11, 11:39
I've sworn never to use Steam anymore. Those guys wouldn't let me play some games until after I've updated them, with some updates being on the order of 2-3 Gigs. Take Shogun 2, for instance. The recent one in March required a 2.5 gig update. Complete wankers! Yeah sure you can play offline, but even playing for the first time requires a massive update. No, thanks! With my Internet connection speed I'd only be able to play Shogun 2 in the year 2056. The urge to download a torrent is great, but I shall resist!

neil8310
09-09-11, 11:11
search "go gameoutlet" on facebook, his prices are pretty good