PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone tracking

sumyunggai
03-05-11, 15:55
Apparently one of my wife's family left her husband with their 8 kids and stole 12 juta of another family member's money. They suspect another man's complicity and wanted to find their location based on their mobile phone numbers.

I suggested that while the phone company most probably has a record of the tower in use at a given point, they are unlikely to provide access to it.

Any thoughts?

kingwilly
03-05-11, 16:18
let it go ?

sumyunggai
03-05-11, 16:22
let it go ?

I think the 8 kids deserve more than that personally.

Fischer Man
03-05-11, 16:58
What do they want to do to her if they find her?

new_jkt
03-05-11, 17:08
The police / Intel are the only ones legally allowed to track (Lawful Intercept)... as sims are cheap and plentiful would suggest involving the authorities very quickly so they can get the IMEI number of the handset (with that number the authorities can track the phone not just the number).

K&M
03-05-11, 19:30
Not strictly true, it is an option which is offered in some networks and has to be subscribed to and have suitable sw in the phone ( think iPhone for example ) but in essence you are correct.
the service is offered typically to people to track where their children are ( or errant husbands and wives )

kingwilly
03-05-11, 22:19
I think the 8 kids deserve more than that personally.

is that the only motivation then ? sounds to me that the 12 juta stolen is an issue too.

I say let it go, cos if your story is true, then dragging a woman like that back, will not magically turn her into a good mother.
'
Nor will it recover the money.

Sometimes it is better to let things go.

but up to you.

sumyunggai
04-05-11, 01:03
is that the only motivation then ? sounds to me that the 12 juta stolen is an issue too.

Not really sure, not my money (and I'm not on the hook for it either) and not my wife/mum. 12 million is not much for me, but I bet it's pretty huge in the kampung....

but up to you.

Well up to them rather than me, I think they are in a better position to make a judgement on that, I am happy to help with advising them how to execute any plan they might feel best (short of execution itself of course!)

ohmdafyd
04-05-11, 08:45

I say let it go, cos if your story is true, then dragging a woman like that back, will not magically turn her into a good mother.
'
Nor will it recover the money.

but up to you.

See what I mean, how helpful is that sentence, would it not have been more appropiate and sensitive to leave it out?

''It is indeed BA but some here are unable to resist the immature urge to dole out unnecessary acidic and sarcastic remarks within their posts,...''

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/15336-Have-you-met-any-member-of-this-forum?p=164118#post164118

kingwilly
04-05-11, 09:02
See what I mean, how helpful is that sentence, would it not have been more appropiate and sensitive to leave it out?

''It is indeed BA but some here are unable to resist the immature urge to dole out unnecessary acidic and sarcastic remarks within their posts,...''

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/15336-Have-you-met-any-member-of-this-forum?p=164118#post164118

I'm trying to give an opinion to the poster, as a way of help, do you really have nothing better to do than stalk me around the board and make snide comments ?

sumyunggai
08-05-11, 07:12
I asked if they had contacted the police, they said no the police would want money to investigate....

kingwilly
08-05-11, 13:07
It's also tricky investigating a crime of theft in a domestic situation. Can become a case of he said she said.

Which obviously does not help your friends situation, just an observation.