PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Jobs Whispers....

Pages : [1] 2

kingwilly
24-01-11, 08:29
A thread for folk to share knowledge, rumours or whispers of jobs for teachers around Indonesia.

*This is not a thread for Schools to advertise in.

**Since this is a word of mouth thread, some of the information may not be 100% up to date or accurate. But we'll try our best.

Yogyakarta International School, Indonesia www.yis-edu.org needs the following teachers for August 2011:
Early Childhood (3yr old - 5yr);
Primary / Elementary (Grades 3-6), including a teaching Principal

Medan International School, Indonesia www.mismedan.org requires the following teachers for a start end of July:
Reception / Grade 1, IB PYP and international school experience preferred; ESL / EAL experience preferred; qualifications in Music, PE / Swimming, First Aid an advantage.
Primary / Elementary (Grade 4 / 5) IB PYP and international school experience preferred; ESL/EAL experience preferred; qualifications in Music, PE/Swimming, First Aid an advantage.

Sinarmas World (SWA) and Jakarta World Academies (JWA), Indonesia www.swa-jkt.com are seeking to fill the following positions for the 2011/12 school year:
§ Kindergarten 1 (4-5 yrs) SWA & JWA;
§ Kindergarten 2 (5-6 yrs) SWA & JWA;
§ Primary / Elementary ESL – SWA;
§ Nursery (2 - 3 yrs) – SWA;
§ Primary / Elementary Music & Movement - JWA/SWA across both campuses focus in Early Childhood;
• Middle School Generalist;
• MYP Coordinator;
• Middle & High School ESL;
• English IB DP/MYP;
• Indonesian IB DP/MYP;
• Chinese IB DP/MYP;
• Mathematics IB DP/MYP;
• Economics/Humanities IB DP/MYP;
• Science – Biology/Chemistry or Physics IB DP/MYP;
• Middle & High School IT – IB MYP

jared1981
24-01-11, 09:21
I know that my school in Batam is in need of teachers for at least next school year (July-June), possibly sooner. HR is really slow to respond, so keep probing! Ask for Ibu Santi.

Sekolah Global Indo-Asia http://www.sgiaedu.org/
In assessing teacher qualifications for potential employment at our school the following criteria are considered.
An initial degree in a general or specific subject area. Preference is given to the following academic training:
Primary School, A teaching degree in elementary / primary education or a degree in the area of specialization with an education certification. PYP training and experience is preferred
Secondary School, A degree in the subject area(s), and teacher certification required. IGCSE and/or A Level training and experience is preferred. Training in a second discipline will be highly regarded
In addition, the following criteria are also considered:
At least two years of successful full-time experience at an accredited primary or secondary school
Demonstrates superior knowledge of subject area and can teach the subject at an appropriate level

Current openings for July 2010
Nursery Teacher (2-3 year old)
Preschool Teacher
Kindergarten Teacher
Physical Education Early Childhood (2-6 year old)
Lower Primary Teacher
Music General Music Elementary
Science-Grade 9 & 10 IGCSE Combined Science + Grade 8 General Science
ICT Elementary Computer lab Teacher

SamanthaB
24-01-11, 10:53
Good thread, KW.

I'm about to leave right now to go meet with some people that are building a new school in North Jakarta (or maybe West Jakarta). It sounds like they're looking to staff up for the 2011-2012 school year 'cause I think the school is set to open in August. I don't know much yet (my old principal left to go help start up this school, she's the one who asked me to come in today) but if it's promising, I'll post the details here.

NB: Monday is one of my days off, so I'm not skipping work to go talk to a potential new employer! I'm a good employee, I swear! :)

kingwilly
24-01-11, 12:02
from the New Zealand School's website....http://www.nzis.net

The minimum teaching requirements for NZIS include:

A minimum of three years' recent full time teaching experience
Previous overseas or International school experience is desirable
A BA or equivalent degree
A teaching credential
Teaching couples welcome to apply
For January 2011 Start:

Senior Business Studies, state supporting subjects
Primary Year Five
Kindergarten
For further information please email: [email protected]

Mas Fred
24-01-11, 17:18
BIS, Bintaro were looking for teachers but that may be out of date now.
Worth checking their site.

kingwilly
24-01-11, 17:21
from their website, closing date for applications was almost a month ago. But you never know your luck... they have a very long list. But also I think you'll find that they tend to only recruit from the fairs.

The British International School
We are recognised as a world leader in the education of children from Foundation Stage to the International Baccalaureate. With an attractive campus located on a modern green field site in the suburbs of Jakarta, the school is home to 1,300 students who enjoy exceptional modern facilities in a caring and holistic teaching environment.

Complementing this exciting environment Jakarta and Indonesia offers diverse and life enriching ethnic, cultural and travel opportunities within its vast archipelago.

We are currently looking to recruit key personnel and teachers in the following areas for August 2011.

Primary School
Deputy Head of Primary
Heads of Key Stage
Year Leaders
Assistant Subject Leader
KS1 & KS2 Class Teachers
House Leaders

Secondary School
Heads of Key Stage
Year Leaders
University Guidance Counsellor
TOK Coordinator
English, Science, Mathematics, Humanities, Technology and Drama Teachers

Whole School
Trips Coordinator and PE Teacher
Japanese & European MFL Teachers

For suitable candidates, positions of
responsibility may be available.

To apply, you must complete the
online application form and attach a
CV with a letter of application. The
online system is accessed by visiting
www.kingpartnership.com/bis

For further information or queries,
please contact Susan King on
[email protected]

Closing date:
Thursday, 6th January 2011
Interviews will be held in London
w/c 24th January 2011, and
Bangkok w/c 31st January 2011.

http://www.bis.or.id

travellingchez
24-01-11, 17:23
Good thread KW. I knew about the Medan one and think I'll look into the one in Yogja too. Isn't that quite a small international school or is it getting bigger does anyone know?

travellingchez
24-01-11, 17:24
Another one I saw advertising was Bandung International School.

School Wide Vacancies

Definite Openings:

Learning Technologies Coordinator – See pdf file for details
(External candidates must be able to teach in one of the areas for which a vacancy exists or is tentative)
Computer Studies Teacher - Grades 1 - 10; Possible IB ITGS
Tentative openings:

Classroom Music Teacher - Early Childhood through to Grade 10
Secondary School
It is usual for our faculty to teach in both the Middle and High School

Definite openings:

Vice Secondary Principal - See pdf file for details
(External candidates must be able to teach in one of the areas for which a vacancy exists or is tentative)
IB Diploma Coordinator - See pdf file for details
IB History &/or IB English A2/B SL/HL with Secondary School Language Arts and some ESL &/or SOSE
Chinese Language Teacher / Assistant
We are looking for an Indonesian National to work closely with our Chinese Language teacher in the teaching of Chinese Language and Culture from Grades 5 – 12 (including IBDP). This vacancy must be filled as soon as possible – an excellent opportunity to work in an established programme with a Master Teacher native speaker of Chinese. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and previous experience.
Tentative openings:

IB Biology and Secondary School Science
Preference will be given to candidates with proven IB experience. First-hand knowledge of online learning modes, such as VHS or Moodle, is desirable.

Elementary School

Tentative Openings:

Grade 1 Classroom PYP Teacher
Preference will be given to candidates with PYP training and experience.
Please direct enquires or forward your CV and references along with a letter of application to the head of school, Mr Henri Bemelmans at

BIS will be represented at the following two fairs:

Search Associates - Sydney (January 4-7)
Search Associates - Bangkok (January 9-12)
Attendance at other recruitment fairs will depend on vacancies being posted.
There is always interest in keeping on file the resumes of qualified and experienced applicants, even if we do not have a vacancy at posted at this time. Let us hear from you!

travellingchez
24-01-11, 17:26
Surabaya European School is advertising on TES.co.uk. They have 3 positions.

kingwilly
24-01-11, 17:27
Bandung is quite a decent sized and professional school.

The Yogja one is not in the same league, but that's not to say that it is not any good.

travellingchez
24-01-11, 17:38
Another is Dyatmika School, Bali.
Vacancies for July 2011

Please see below for the 4 vacancies for international teachers, across the school, for the upcoming school year starting in late July 2011.

Early Primary Teacher

We are seeking a fully qualified, experienced teacher to teach our 5 and 6 years olds in our 2 early primary classes. This is a full time teaching position with responsibility for teaching the curriculum in English and partnering closely with the Indonesian national teachers in both classes.

Contract until July 2013, renewable thereafter by mutual agreement.

Details of salary and benefits sent only to candidates who are short listed.

Minimum Qualifications:

3 years tertiary qualifications in Early Childhood/Primary Teaching
5 years teaching experience
It would also be an advantage to have:

Multicultural and/or bilingual experience
Some Indonesian language skills
Selection criteria:

A sound understanding of pedagogy
A high standard of teaching practice
A commitment to professional development
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
An attitude of acceptance and respect for a diverse school culture
Experience in implementing change
Strong team player

Application process:

Please send a letter to include the following, not to exceed 4 pages:

CV, including a photo
a brief statement of your educational philosophy that includes addressing the criteria of this vacancy
names and contacts for 2 academic referees who can give a confidential reference (include telephone number and email address)

Please send your application to:

Ms. Katie Jones
Director,
Dyatmika School,
PO Box 3509,
DENPASAR 80035,
Bali, Indonesia

Email: [email protected]
FAX: + 62 361 461 874

Application deadline: Monday, February 7th 2011

travellingchez
24-01-11, 17:54
Does anyone know anything about Dyatmika School? I'd never heard of it until I saw it on TES.

atlantis
24-01-11, 18:17
Excellent thread KW. :thumb:
Thanks for it.

jared1981
24-01-11, 20:14
I'd keep an eye on http://id.jobsdb.com, they occasionally have openings for teachers posted.

SamanthaB
24-01-11, 20:23
The meeting I had today seemed promising. I don't know anything about their staffing needs or salary/compensation package yet. Since they're a brand new school, there are no former/current employees to ask about the working conditions or payment rates.

We submitted our compensation request with their formal application package (Rp. 20-25 juta per month, free un-shared housing, transport as necessary, multi-entry visa, all school holidays as paid vacation time, annual plane ticket reimbursement of $1,500, annual bonus of one month salary at Christmas, health care, fully-paid immigration/tax/etc...) and there were no raised eyebrows or sighs of disbelief, so I'm thinking that's probably right around what they're willing to pay their expat teachers. (Or perhaps they were willing to pay more and I just undercut myself!)

I still want to know more about their academic plans and school structure, so it'll be a while before I'm willing to give it the SamanthaB seal of approval. (Plus, they haven't even made a formal offer of employment.) If I find out that they're looking to hire more expatriate teachers, and I think they're a school that's going to be on the up-and-up, I'll be sure to post it here.

kingwilly
24-01-11, 20:32
Best of luck then.

adindas
25-01-11, 03:58
fingers cross SamanthaB

ADINDAS

SamanthaB
25-01-11, 11:01
Thanks, KW and adindas.

I know that gffgold's old position at Sekolah Bogor Raya is open, at least it was a week ago when I spoke with the principal. They need a native English speaker that's qualified to teach IGCSE level physics and chemistry and they're hoping to have them start right away. The school is in Bogor (obviously) and I don't know anything about salary or working conditions, but thought I'd pass the word along for any science teachers that might be interested.

kingwilly
11-02-11, 10:23
Bali International School, Denpasar HS History / Social Studies & HS Economics teacher
Bandung International School www.bisdragons.com – advertising in general not sure which jobs
Global Jaya International School www.globaljaya.com (Indonesian Science teachers)
Green School Ubud www.greenschool.org advertising in general not sure which jobs
Jakarta International School www.jisedu.org advertising in general not sure which jobs
Medan International School www.mismedan.org primary teachers PYP
Mount Zaagkam International School www.mzis.org HS English, ESOL, Primary and Music
Sekolah Ciputra www.ciputra-sby.sch.id IB Diploma Coordinator
Sinarmas World Academy, Jakarta www.swa-jkt.com MS and PYP Chinese teacher, ESOL and PYP teacher

kingwilly
13-02-11, 10:44
Sampeorna Foundation are advertising for loads of teachers, in Bali, Semarang, Jakarta in todays Kompass newspaper.

SamanthaB
14-02-11, 10:26
The school we interviewed with made us job offers-- 25 juta per month (per person), fully-sponsored multi-entry visas, free housing, free transport, annual bonus, health insurance, annual round-trip plane ticket to the States, etc...

We're waiting to get the contract so that we can review the small print. If everything is on the up-and-up, I'll recommend it here. (And, of course, after/if we sign our contracts-- I don't want anyone to steal the jobs out from under us! ;) )

kingwilly
14-02-11, 10:47
Congrats Sam, well done.

Sampeorna Foundation are advertising for loads of teachers, in Bali, Semarang, Jakarta in todays Kompass newspaper.

Someone pm'd me to say that they could not find the ad online. So here it is

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad237/Sir_Wilson/jobad.jpg

atlantis
14-02-11, 10:51
The school we interviewed with made us job offers-- 25 juta per month (per person), fully-sponsored multi-entry visas, free housing, free transport, annual bonus, health insurance, annual round-trip plane ticket to the States, etc...

We're waiting to get the contract so that we can review the small print. If everything is on the up-and-up, I'll recommend it here. (And, of course, after/if we sign our contracts-- I don't want anyone to steal the jobs out from under us! ;) )
Congrats Sam. I am very happy for you guys.:thumb:

SamanthaB
14-02-11, 11:22
Thanks, KW and Atlantis. We've been talking to a few different schools and we've got a few different offers, but we're really interested in this one. Even though there are schools that pay better, we're intrigued by the mission statement of this school. If everything they say is true (their commitment to social justice, community service, green living, etc...) it's a school that is really in-line with our own personal values. We'll see how it goes-- they said they'd have a draft of the proposed contract ready for us to view by this weekend. If it all goes well, I'll ask them if they're looking for anymore teachers and spread the word.

Flicka
14-02-11, 14:43
Samantha: Crikey what a package! 25jt plus all freebies? Wow.
Me...one day.... haha!

adindas
15-02-11, 02:54
Well done Sam
Congratulation

ADINDAS

Djoko
15-02-11, 07:25
Are there any positions for Indonesian?
I speak English, Indonesian and Japanese. I have taught expats for 8 years and at the same time I was a language supervisor when I was inIndonesia. At present, I'm teaching English at Elementary Schools in Japan. I'll be back to Ind by the end of my contract this year. I have been in Japan for 10 years.

Pls, be advised.

Thanks.

Djoko

kingwilly
15-02-11, 09:04
Absolutely Djoko. The advertisement from the paper that I scanned above is from Kompas, an indonesian language paper, I also know many of the former national plus and international schools will hire good indonesian teachers.

Djoko
15-02-11, 09:44
Absolutely Djoko. The advertisement from the paper that I scanned above is from Kompas, an indonesian language paper, I also know many of the former national plus and international schools will hire good indonesian teachers.

Thanks kingwilly.

I hope I can find one. Should there be any information, contact address, etc, pls tell me.

waarmstrong
15-02-11, 19:29

Sounds great! Let me add my congratulations, as well. Party time after signing?

SamanthaB
15-02-11, 19:45
*If* we sign with them :) -- we're still entertaining other offers and talking to a few different schools. I only mentioned this school 'cause it's brand new. That being the case, they're probably looking to hire *lots* of people. Once we make a firm decision, I'll post the school's contact info here.

And, yes, Waarmie, there will most definitely be a housewarming of some sort-- although it'll be a while off 'cause the new contract wouldn't start until July or August of 2011.

kingwilly
16-02-11, 20:48
* Sekolah Nusa Alam,*Lombok, Indonesia*www.nusaalam.com <http://www.nusaalam.com> has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic native English speaking Primary / Elementary teacher (start in July 2011). The suitable candidate will be able to work in a team with an Indonesian teacher (English proficient) to deliver high quality teaching and learning programs to Upper Primary students.*(Essential criteria - appropriate teaching qualifications equivalent to four years of full time study. Desirable criteria - Indonesian language). Teachers are employed on a contract basis, with salary dependent on qualifications and experience.* Working permits and visas are provided by the school and allowances are paid for health, housing and home leave travel.* They offer discounted places for teachers’ children attending the school.

waarmstrong
16-02-11, 22:33
...And, yes, Waarmie, there will most definitely be a housewarming of some sort-- although it'll be a while off 'cause the new contract wouldn't start until July or August of 2011.

I am hoping that you decide and sign soon. We are doing a home visit from April through mid-July, so we will probably miss the festivities.

travellingchez
17-02-11, 00:43
* Sekolah Nusa Alam,*Lombok, Indonesia*www.nusaalam.com <http://www.nusaalam.com> has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic native English speaking Primary / Elementary teacher (start in July 2011). The suitable candidate will be able to work in a team with an Indonesian teacher (English proficient) to deliver high quality teaching and learning programs to Upper Primary students.*(Essential criteria - appropriate teaching qualifications equivalent to four years of full time study. Desirable criteria - Indonesian language). Teachers are employed on a contract basis, with salary dependent on qualifications and experience.* Working permits and visas are provided by the school and allowances are paid for health, housing and home leave travel.* They offer discounted places for teachers’ children attending the school.

I've recently been in contact with them. While the school seems nice the max they offer on their salary scale is just over 8million rp. That's with a teaching degree and years of experience! Far too low unfortunately :(

kingwilly
17-02-11, 15:34
I guessed it would be low for a national plus school in Lombok, but yikes!

SamanthaB
17-02-11, 15:38
Eight million?! Really?! That's insane. Cost of living in Lombok is lower, but not that low! You could work part-time at EF for the same salary. What a bummer.

purpleyams4ever
17-02-11, 22:33
I've recently been in contact with them. While the school seems nice the max they offer on their salary scale is just over 8million rp. That's with a teaching degree and years of experience! Far too low unfortunately :(

I saw a post on craigslist a couple of months back- a language school in NYC looking for a person with a Masters in TESOL plus NY State teacher's certification. The salary? Twelve measly dollars an hour!

Elithium
17-02-11, 22:42
Teach test prep. Pays well.

purpleyams4ever
18-02-11, 10:15
Teach test prep. Pays well.

It does indeed. A few of my friends do it.

purpleyams4ever
18-02-11, 10:21
Sekolah Chandra Kusuma in Medan has a bunch of openings. Doesn't say specifically for expats, but for most of the postings, it says "good command of English." (I did see a posting of theirs on teachabroad.com specifically for expats, but the Teach Abroad web site is lagging right now for some reason.)
http://www.chandrakusuma.com/Home/announcements/vacancy

adindas
18-02-11, 15:30
Chez
In Lombok the cost of living is far less than in Jakarta. But I agree 8 mill is considerably low, evn with accomodaiton supplied.

ADINDAS

mattyboy43
23-02-11, 12:17
My school (Mentari International School Jakarta) is looking for a couple of teachers. The campus is in Prapanca, South Jakarta. About a 5 minute walk from EP in Kemang so you can always make it to pressure hour.
They are looking for an MYP Science and MYP Math teacher. Only qualified teachers are considered. It is a good school, it is small but for me that is one of my favourite aspects. Pay is pretty good, not as high as some of the bigger schools but still very competitive.
If interested you can send your CV to my principal, Ms. Elena Racho at [email protected] ([email protected]) or give her a call at 081311321944.
If you want any more info on the school please feel free to send me a PM.
Matt

Djoko
24-02-11, 07:26
Penabur International School kelapa Gading needs an upper elementary English teacher for July 2011. Send your CV to HRD.

[/EMAIL][EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected] ([email protected])

Native english Teacher only or Indonesian English teacher may apply?

purpleyams4ever
03-03-11, 21:31
Kanaan Global School in Jakarta Barat is hiring for various positions...but just a heads up...it's a Christian school.

http://www.kanaanglobal.sch.id/employment

kingwilly
04-03-11, 08:34
Global Jaya in Bintaro are looking for Indonesian teachers with IB experience.

TEACHER VACANCIES

2011 -2012

Requirements:

Indonesian passport holder
Bachelor’s degree in education or any relevant fields
Teaching experience in the International Baccalaureate will be an advantage
Fluent in both oral and written English (Minimum TOEIC score - 780, TOEFL - 570)

We are accepting applications for the following subject areas in either the middle school or the senior school:

Business Management / Economics.
Science.
Mathematics.
Social Sciences (Humanities).
Bahasa Indonesia.
Librarian.
Please email or deliver a CV with a supporting statement to:

HR Department

Global Jaya International School

Emerald Boulevard Bintaro Jaya Sektor IX , Tangerang 15224

E-mail : [email protected]

kingwilly
04-03-11, 08:35
And BINUS

Now Hiring!

Our School is growing, and positions are available for either January 2011 or July 2011. Are you IB- experienced and excited by our School Vision ? If so, please send CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] . Be sure to also download our Fast Facts to find out more about our School .

Prefer Casual Teaching ?

Prefer to teach for short periods? We invite you to send CV & available times to [email protected] . Be sure to also download our Fast Facts to find out more about our School .

purpleyams4ever
04-03-11, 10:26
And BINUS

Prefer Casual Teaching ?

Prefer to teach for short periods? We invite you to send CV & available times to [email protected] . Be sure to also download our Fast Facts to find out more about our School .

I just checked out their web site. Does "casual teaching" = illegal teaching?

kingwilly
04-03-11, 12:37
I just checked out their web site. Does "casual teaching" = illegal teaching?

good question,

no idea.

email them and ask.

kingwilly
04-03-11, 12:58
Vacancies for experienced TEACHERS (Indonesian or Expatriate) to teach at ACG (Tiara Bangsa)

PRIMARY:

- English Teachers
- Music Teacher
- Chinese Teacher

SECONDARY:

- Art Teacher
- Economic Teacher
- Biology Teacher
- PE Teacher
- Chinese Teacher

Applicants to have:

- University degree in the relevant academic subjects

- Teaching qualification (Degree/Post Grad/Certificate not TESOL) preferred

- Experience with CIPP/IGCSE/IBDP (preferred)

Shortlisted applicants will be called for interview & expected to start work in early July.

TEACHERS (On-The-Job Training)

Preffered Subject Areas: Mathematics and Business Studies. Indonesian Overseas Graduates with no formal teaching experience but desire to embark on teaching career may apply. Assigned teaching duties, they would receive on-the-job training and monitoring from experienced teacher mentors.

NON - ACADEMIC STAFF

- 2 Laboratorium Technicians For Primary/Secondary
- IT Administrator (Programmer background)

REQUIREMENTS:

- Min. S1 degree
- Fluent in English (oral and written)

Application for employment:
Please send a CV (no longer than 4 pages and max 200 kb) and a covering letter to [email protected]

Elithium
04-03-11, 17:47
good question,

no idea.

email them and ask.

I've known teachers who taught there part time and yes it was technically illegal.
*Note* This is based on hearsay so take it as you will:

From what I have heard, Binus's salary is competitive when looked at the hourly teaching rate. However, they tend to require 2-3 hours of paper grading for every 1 hour of teaching. When you look at it in this light, you would earn more per hour teaching at a generic English center. I've known 2 teachers who worked there. Neither continued after their first batch of classes were over.

On the other hand, my wife worked part time at Binus for a while, taught a few classes a week. She seemed to enjoy it.

adindas
04-03-11, 23:44
I have heard that many people are not interested in hourly paid in Jakarta, because to go from one place to another, take a lot of time. In the meanwhile, people did not get paid for the commuting time.
So even you get more pay, if you count the commuting time, and marking as well, you will be worse off.
Some schools could manage it by putting the teaching schedule in one day so people just need to go there once in a week or so.

I've known teachers who taught there part time and yes it was technically illegal.
*Note* This is based on hearsay so take it as you will:

From what I have heard, Binus's salary is competitive when looked at the hourly teaching rate. However, they tend to require 2-3 hours of paper grading for every 1 hour of teaching. When you look at it in this light, you would earn more per hour teaching at a generic English center. I've known 2 teachers who worked there. Neither continued after their first batch of classes were over.

On the other hand, my wife worked part time at Binus for a while, taught a few classes a week. She seemed to enjoy it.

Sky Garden
08-03-11, 13:18
Classroom Adviser (Expatriate) - Lollypop Preschool Kelapa Gading
Requirements:
1. female, age: 23 – 30 years old
2. good command of English (oral & written)
3. graduated from reputable university with major in Education (preferably Early Childhood Education)
4. at least 2 years of teaching experience in preschool
5. good health with proof of medical check-up
6. good interpersonal and communication skills
7. good moral character
8. loves children
9. computer-literate
10. creative, energetic & hard working
11. willing to learn & a team player
12. nice appearance & pleasant personality

SamanthaB
08-03-11, 20:41
Is Lollypop the same as Lollykids? There's a new Lollykids (owned by the people who own Lollypop, the playground on the 6th floor in SenCi) in Senayan City's Panin Tower and it's gorgeous. I don't know anything about their curriculum or working conditions, but I checked out the facilities and they're top of the line. They're running two separate programs out of the space-- a daycare and a Montessori school. From what I could tell in the short time I was there, the staff were all professional and well-spoken (in English) and the school was immaculate and organized. Seemed lovely.

Sky Garden
08-03-11, 20:51
Sam the honest answer is I don't know this is their website http://www.lollypoppreschool.com/home/

SamanthaB
08-03-11, 20:56
I think they're different, despite their nearly identical names.

This (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lollikids-Daycare-Learning-Centre/110670222343873?v=info)is the new Lollikids in SenCi.

jared1981
12-03-11, 16:19
Sekolah Global Indo-Asia in Batam, KepRi, is still looking for a lot of teachers, mostly primary/early childhood, and local staff as well.
PYP/MYP experience would definitely be a plus, as well as Cambridge/IGCSE.
Filipino and expat staff usually elect to get paid in Singapore dollars.
PM me and I can forward your info to Primary/Secondary department, or here's some contact info:

Telephone : +62 778 467 333 (Hunting)
Dewi D. Lukitasari
Secondary Principal
[email protected]
(mailto:[email protected])
Heni Rustianti
Kindergarten Principal
[email protected] (mailto:[email protected])

jared1981
15-03-11, 19:33
http://id.jobsdb.com has a few listings:

Sekolah Lentera International is a Christian National Plus School located in South Jakarta.
Has a University degree with a major in Education and a strong background in the specialized subject. (Overseas Graduated is an advantage)
Minimal GPA 3.00 (scale 4,00)
Experience with IGCSE (Cambridge) & International “A” Levels curriculum will be an advantage.
Teaching Certificate (Akta IV) preferred with minimum 2 years experience in an international or national plus school.
Indonesian and expatriate (Filipino, British, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand) are welcome.
Fluent in English both spoken and written (min. TOEFL score 580 for English teacher and 550 for Physics teacher)
Effective instructional skills, including good classroom management.
Pleasant personality, communicative and highly adaptable to new challenges
Responsible, creative, highly motivated, fast learner, and demonstrates initiative, good teamwork, have a commitment and passion in teaching.
Familiar with Microsoft Office and Internet.
Enjoys working with children.
[email protected]

SEKOLAH TUNAS BANGSA is the only school in Kalimantan which provides a IGCSE curriculum
Qualifications:
Having experience in National Plus school and IGCSE program and A Level
Native speaker
Not more than 50 years old
Excellent English (written and spoken)
Relevant Bachelor Degree
Good interpersonal skills
Having a strong Commitment
Preferable still single
Non Smoker

Please send your application letter, CV and recent photograph (included in CV) by email to:
[email protected]

PSB Singapore School
Key Requirements:
Bachelors’ Degree from a recognized University (added advantage for candidates graduated from an overseas University)
A teaching qualification from an accredited teacher-training institution
Minimum 3 years of relevant and formal teaching experience, preferably in Singapore, International or National Plus School in Indonesia
Strong command of written and spoken English
Knowledge and understanding of the iPSLE and iGCSE Curriculum

An attractive and competitive remuneration package is provided.

Interested applicants are invited to apply online or send detailed resume (in word document max.250kb), recent photograph and names of 2 referees to the HR Manager,

Ms Anita Mardiana
[email protected]

akutonpa
16-03-11, 07:50
Pribadi Boarding School (PBS), located in Depok is seeking for a native speaker to join us with qualifications as follow:

Native Speaker

Qualifications:

Male/ female, max 35 years old
Nice appearance and attractive
Have premanent residence permitt in Indonesia
TESOL or TEFL Qualification.
Min. 2 years of teaching experiences.
ITP Certification
Min. 600 of TOEFL score.
Acquires good computer skills and Ms. Office is a must
Excellent interpersonal, responsibility
Able to communicate in English both oral and written
Able to work as a team
Work under pressure and is ready to multi task
Willing to be tested and goes under training according to ICR standard.
Domicile in Depok id preferably

adindas
17-03-11, 00:10
Do a native English speaker need TOEFL ?..

I know for sure that a natiive English speaker are not allowed to sit for IELTS test.
Since IELTS and TOEFL have a similar nature, presumably they are not allowed.

Also from the name suggest that a native speaker if he takes TOEFL english, they are not native as English is his mother tongue and not a foreign language for him.

Pribadi Boarding School (PBS), located in Depok is seeking for a native speaker to join us with qualifications as follow:

Native Speaker

Qualifications:

Male/ female, max 35 years old
Nice appearance and attractive
Have premanent residence permitt in Indonesia
TESOL or TEFL Qualification.
Min. 2 years of teaching experiences.
ITP Certification
Min. 600 of TOEFL score.
Acquires good computer skills and Ms. Office is a must
Excellent interpersonal, responsibility
Able to communicate in English both oral and written
Able to work as a team
Work under pressure and is ready to multi task
Willing to be tested and goes under training according to ICR standard.
Domicile in Depok id preferably

MadCat
17-03-11, 06:32
It still irks me that one can only teach English if you're a "native" speaker; I'm Dutch, and I'm willing to bet I can get a 95% on a TOEFL test, but yet I can't teach since I'm not a native speaker. Grargh.

akutonpa
17-03-11, 08:43
Pretty sure I know two guys of Dutch origin teaching English in Jakarta.

Elithium
17-03-11, 15:51
It still irks me that one can only teach English if you're a "native" speaker; I'm Dutch, and I'm willing to bet I can get a 95% on a TOEFL test, but yet I can't teach since I'm not a native speaker. Grargh.

Because your competency of English is probably very similar to an Indonesian who is fluent in English.

A native English speaker provides a specific aspect of the language you can't learn outside of their environment.

Most schools have both native and non native English teachers, each performing a different role in the teaching experience.

cynkawa
18-03-11, 19:33

I know Indonesians who teach ESL and the are not Native speakers(this is different to teaching English. This is usually a Degree specific qualification and if you had those qualifications you may be able to get a job.) I suspect you want to teach ESL or EFL as you quote TOEFL. You could/ can teach ESL but not as a Native speaker. You might be surprised at the TOEFL score that lots of native English speakers would get if they sat the exam. TOEFL testing and succeeding can be taught, this does not also guarantee native fluency. Good luck look for a job as an ESL or EFL Teacher and leave the Native ESL EFL Teacher jobs to the "natives".

HugoBoss
23-03-11, 09:02
BIS apparently have a vacancy for a part-time teacher of Mandarin to start as soon as possible. Contact the School for further details (2 days a week, native speaker and qualified teacher preferred) under [email protected]

Djoko
25-03-11, 15:41

I can understand what you feel, friend.
Dunno the main reason behind that. Government regulations? Can be.
I'm a native Indonesian, got Indonesian teaching license, but I do not feel special that I will teach Indonesian better than non Indonesian.
For me teaching is not a born gifted skill, people must strive hard to be a great teacher.

In Japan I work as an English teacher and get paid as much as "natives", but in my home country, Indonesia I'm offered a close to "Pembantu" salary as I'm just a local.
IMHO, Indonesian is not prepared to pay her own people properly yet and not prepared to provide proper jobs for the skillful ones.

lestari diah
26-03-11, 15:21
I can understand what you feel, friend.
Dunno the main reason behind that. Government regulations? Can be.
I'm a native Indonesian, got Indonesian teaching license, but I do not feel special that I will teach Indonesian better than non Indonesian.
For me teaching is not a born gifted skill, people must strive hard to be a great teacher.

In Japan I work as an English teacher and get paid as much as "natives", but in my home country, Indonesia I'm offered a close to "Pembantu" salary as I'm just a local.
IMHO, Indonesian is not prepared to pay her own people properly yet and not prepared to provide proper jobs for the skillful ones.

I Agree with mas Djoko, maybe Indonesian better being working abroad to get gud salaries.. is there any vacancies in Japan as Kindergarten teacher for me mas Djoko?? :)

Djoko
27-03-11, 13:34
I Agree with mas Djoko, maybe Indonesian better being working abroad to get gud salaries.. is there any vacancies in Japan as Kindergarten teacher for me mas Djoko?? :)

I'm not sure about that kind of opening. You can ask at Kaskus Forum Regional Japan.
I myself plan to return to Ind next month.

JakResRev
29-03-11, 22:45
TBI (The British Institute) in Jl. Sudirman is seeking native speakers. Reasonable salary. Job involves fulfilling native component of 'combination' courses.

JakResRev
29-03-11, 22:54
TBI (The British Institute) in Jl. Sudirman is seeking native speakers. Reasonable salary. Job involves fulfilling native component of 'combination' courses.

oopsy, I mean in Jakarta. As that street pops up all over the Archie Pelican.

travellingchez
27-04-11, 22:39
Binus international serprong (spelling?) are still looking for teachers.
Positions available are: primary teachers to teach English, Maths and Science.
Middle/high school Maths teacher and a sociology teacher.
These positions are open to either local or expat teachers to start in July.

adindas
27-04-11, 23:00
Do you mean Simprug ?
Here is the link
http://simprug.binus-school.net/default.aspx

"Our School is growing, and positions are available for either January 2011 or July 2011. Are you IB- experienced and excited by our School Vision (http://simprug.binus-school.net/About.Us/Vision.and.Mission/English) ? If so, please send CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] ([email protected]) . Be sure to also download our Fast Facts (http://cms.binus.edu/datapage/file/Principal/BIS%20Simprug%20Fast%20Facts%20Sheet.pdf) to find out more about our School"

Binus international serprong (spelling?) are still looking for teachers.
Positions available are: primary teachers to teach English, Maths and Science.
Middle/high school Maths teacher and a sociology teacher.
These positions are open to either local or expat teachers to start in July.

mrcibubur
27-04-11, 23:46
Is there any more informationa bout the TBI mentioned above please?

travellingchez
27-04-11, 23:49
No not the simprug one but the Serpong one. They have 2 schools in Jakarta. The other school isn't an IB school but teaches the Cambridge curriculum.
This is the website.http://serpong.binus-school.net/job.vacancy/English

Do you mean Simprug ?
Here is the link
http://simprug.binus-school.net/default.aspx

"Our School is growing, and positions are available for either January 2011 or July 2011. Are you IB- experienced and excited by our School Vision (http://simprug.binus-school.net/About.Us/Vision.and.Mission/English) ? If so, please send CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] ([email protected]) . Be sure to also download our Fast Facts (http://cms.binus.edu/datapage/file/Principal/BIS%20Simprug%20Fast%20Facts%20Sheet.pdf) to find out more about our School"

jakartan
04-05-11, 14:23
Apa Kabar everyone? I have several leads for Early Childhood Education teaching positions in South Jakarta and West Jakarta....PM me for details....
Cheers!

lantern
04-05-11, 14:44
Is there any more informationa bout the TBI mentioned above please?

Google is your friend. They have a website.

travellingchez
10-05-11, 21:43
Here is a link for National Plus Schools throughout Indonesia. While I don't know if there are jobs available at these schools it may prove a useful resource for people looking for jobs.
http://pendidikancafe.com/nasionalplus.html

BrianJChicago
11-05-11, 10:59
Thank you.

travellingchez
11-05-11, 17:19
Sekolah HighScope Indonesia are looking for English and Science teachers. T <[email protected]>
http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=23248

And Sekolah Bogor Raya <[email protected]> are looking for English Teachers. http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/14058-Native-Speaker-English-Teacher-Bogor-16-21-Million-per-month?p=150635#post150635 http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=23200

GreenMan
02-06-11, 07:40
Hey anybody know anything about Surabaya European School? Have been unable to find much out other than whats on their web site. Anybody worked there or knows anything?? School size, class sizes etc. They dont give health insurance to expat teachers- is this normal for Indonesia?

GreenMan
02-06-11, 07:44
Hi- do you know anything about SES? Conditions, school size, class size, management??? Thanks

BrianJChicago
02-06-11, 08:57
If I intend to be in Indonesia in late August or early September, when should I apply for a teaching position?
I'm unfamiliar with the process, this will be my first time.

travellingchez
02-06-11, 13:13
If I intend to be in Indonesia in late August or early September, when should I apply for a teaching position?
I'm unfamiliar with the process, this will be my first time.

Are you just looking to work in a language school? National schools start back in July. Start of September would be better as Ramadahan will just have finished.
If you are looking to move late August I would be applying now as it can take some time to process the visa. To give you an idea I signed my contract at the end of April and have been told that the approval for my KITAS will come through at the start of July. It can come through quicker in some places than others I've had mine come through in 2 weeks before.

BrianJChicago
03-06-11, 00:28
Are you just looking to work in a language school? National schools start back in July. Start of September would be better as Ramadahan will just have finished.
If you are looking to move late August I would be applying now as it can take some time to process the visa. To give you an idea I signed my contract at the end of April and have been told that the approval for my KITAS will come through at the start of July. It can come through quicker in some places than others I've had mine come through in 2 weeks before.
Thank you very much.

kingwilly
03-06-11, 08:13
They dont give health insurance to expat teachers- is this normal for Indonesia?

No.

travellingchez
13-06-11, 20:56
For people still job hunting I found this while on another forum.

Kanaan Global School, Jakarta are still looking for teachers.

Kanaan Global International School in Jakarta is looking for qualified Primary and Secondary School English, PE and ICT teacher with proper Teacher's Teaching Certification or license (not TESOL certificate) with BA or MA in that teaching area. Basic salary starts from 2500US$ to 3000US$ (depends on experience). School provides 13 month salary, return plane ticket and apartment accommodation. Please send your CV with copy of your passport, recent picture and scanned copies of your degrees and Teacher's Certificate before June 30th 2011.

phiss
21-06-11, 19:42
Learning Minds in Medan, North Sumatera, is currently looking for at least two new teachers, one for Children's Classes and one for IELTS, although both will be expected to teach some teenagers/general groups as well. If you're not experienced in teaching IELTS, but would like to give it a go, you can be trained up to do it. If you would like more info you can contact the boss, Mr Chitra Bustaf, email: [email protected] . The telephone number is 061 415 0183.

travellingchez
21-06-11, 20:16
Penabur International Primary Kelapa Gading is looking for a full time English teacher.
Job starts on July 12nd and they will sponsor your kitas.

Please contact Winda (tell her you come from Karen):
[email protected]

(Karen from C4 group)

frogusmaximus
21-06-11, 22:49
Hey anybody know anything about Surabaya European School? Have been unable to find much out other than whats on their web site. Anybody worked there or knows anything?? School size, class sizes etc. They dont give health insurance to expat teachers- is this normal for Indonesia?

I have worked at this school before so send me a pm if you wish to know anything.

travellingchez
08-07-11, 14:46
Global Islamic School (SMA) is looking for a native english teacher full time , starting the 15th of July. Please send Cvs to [email protected] or [email protected]

Richard
14-07-11, 22:26
Does anyone know anything about or have worked for Harapan Mulia school in Bali?

Thanks in advance!

frogusmaximus
30-07-11, 03:00
Anyone have information on any current vacancies for teaching jobs at International schools in Indonesia for children aged 7-11?

travellingchez
15-08-11, 22:10
Netherlands International School is looking for a full time native English speaker to work in the Nursery. It is a dual stream school (1 Dutch & 1 international class per year group) .

If you are interested in the vacancy then email: [email protected]

Satayboy
17-08-11, 20:18
Here is a link for National Plus Schools throughout Indonesia. While I don't know if there are jobs available at these schools it may prove a useful resource for people looking for jobs.
http://pendidikancafe.com/nasionalplus.html

Excuse my ignorance everyone, but how do you apply for schools or national plus schools in Indonesia? I've been trying to get some reliable info in this regard but I'm still not sure. I've searched the international job postings on Dave's ESL Cafe but I haven't found anything. I was told that most public schools are not hiring now but hire before the school start in July. I was thinking though that perhaps some schools may still have unfilled openings.

Is it customary to just email the schools themselves? My Indonesian isn't very good, I wouldn't be able to do my entire resume and cover letter in bahasa Indonesian.

travellingchez
17-08-11, 20:47
If they have a website have a look there for openings. You can also ring them and ask them directly or email. It sometimes pays to ring them as they don't always reply/read their emails.

You don't have to worry about writing your resume or covering letter in Indonesian as you will most likely be applying for an English medium school.

phiss
18-08-11, 09:06
Synergy Learning Group (incl. IBLA and Learning Minds) in Medan, North Sumatera, is still expanding its foreign teacher base in anticipation of an influx of new students in September/October. If you are already in Medan and coming to the end of a contract, why don't you go in and check them out. Best to phone them first though, because the boss travels a lot. The telephone number is 061 415 0183, ask for Mr Bustaf. Alternatively, you could email your c.v. to [email protected] . This would also apply to teachers currently living outside Indonesia.

colakyngo
20-08-11, 14:38
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Childcare teacher cover letter (http://coverlettersamples.biz/child-care-teacher-cover-letter-sample/)

Best regards.

jared1981
22-08-11, 13:59
Excuse my ignorance everyone, but how do you apply for schools or national plus schools in Indonesia? I've been trying to get some reliable info in this regard but I'm still not sure. I've searched the international job postings on Dave's ESL Cafe but I haven't found anything. I was told that most public schools are not hiring now but hire before the school start in July. I was thinking though that perhaps some schools may still have unfilled openings.

Is it customary to just email the schools themselves? My Indonesian isn't very good, I wouldn't be able to do my entire resume and cover letter in bahasa Indonesian.

You are right, most schools hire between January and April for starts in July. The really crap schools will have postings after July, but only because they're desperate and don't have their act together enough to recruit enough teachers before the school year starts. That, or teachers have left in the middle of the year, or they just offer a pathetic compensation package.

Yes, I'm angry.

waarmstrong
22-08-11, 14:38
Perhaps there are "crap" schools still looking late in the hiring season, but there are also a lot of good schools looking late, as well, for a number of reasons -- did not get the teacher they were courting, hard to fill specialty positions, visa problems of hires, first-time expats who get cold feet, or once in country cannot adjust to the environment and just the usual "shit happens" sort of stuff. Making stereotypical assumptions is not really in a potential-recruit's best interests.

jared1981
22-08-11, 21:53
You are right, but still, I would advise that on the whole, the better jobs will be gone by the time school starts.

waarmstrong
23-08-11, 10:12
Not all of them.

ve_sby
23-08-11, 17:42
Anyone have information on any current vacancies for teaching jobs at International schools in Indonesia???

Pukeko06
03-09-11, 19:43
Hi All, I'm currently applying for positions in Jakarta, but Central Java is looking really attractive right now... does anyone have any experience in getting work in central java, and what the expected rate of pay might be?

travellingchez
03-09-11, 20:04
Hi All, I'm currently applying for positions in Jakarta, but Central Java is looking really attractive right now... does anyone have any experience in getting work in central java, and what the expected rate of pay might be?

Applying for a position as what? What are you qualifications and experience? These will all make a difference to what you can expect to be paid.

Roanddiana
09-09-11, 18:50
does anyone here interested in JLPT for certificate japanese language?

travellingchez
09-09-11, 20:57
does anyone here interested in JLPT for certificate japanese language?

I'm confused how is this in any way related to the thread?

travellingchez
09-09-11, 21:00
Anyone have information on any current vacancies for teaching jobs at International schools in Indonesia???

The Australian International School in Jakarta are looking for a primary teacher and one or two other positions.
The New Zealand International school are advertising for Maths, Drama and English teachers.

These were all for a January starts I believe.

travellingchez
11-10-11, 19:16
Physics Teacher wanted for MS & HS at Binus International School Serpong.

Please send your CV to Mr Peter SAIDI - [email protected]

atlantis
12-10-11, 07:01
wow... travellingchez... you are incredible! How do you manage to gather all these informations while you just arrived a few months ago!? That is definitively of a LOT of help. :thumb:

kingwilly
12-10-11, 07:04
Connections, A, connections :)

atlantis
12-10-11, 07:12
Whatever it is, you guys are doing a great job in this thread me think!

travellingchez
12-10-11, 07:33
Connections, A, connections :)

That would be the one :)

akutonpa
12-10-11, 22:01
Montessori KIara Karitas School (Lippo Village) is looking for a science teacher for grades 4-6. send CV to Janti at [email protected]

travellingchez
14-10-11, 19:39
Forwarded message from C4 group - Looking for English teachers at Centre in Pantai Indah Kapuk. The Readers Club was first established in 2007 and uses the Jolly Phonics method.

The requirements are simple:-

Good command of written & oral english
Love working with children

Full training will be provided and no previous teaching experience is required although it would be a plus.

Resumes can be sent to Sarah Ooi [email protected] or contact her on 08121138881.

Alternatively contact details are also on www.thereadersclub.co.id (http://www.thereadersclub.co.id)

HugoBoss
01-11-11, 11:57
AIS are advertising an English position and Drama/Music position in Jakarta, as well as a Primary position.

phiss
02-11-11, 12:08
Learning Minds in Medan is looking for a female teacher to teach kids and teenagers General English. If you are already in Medan and coming to the end of your current contract, just drop in and have a chat. If you are considering a move to Medan, just send your cv to: [email protected]

The address for a walk-in is Jl Surabaya 42-44 (corner of Jl Bogor). The entrance is actually in Jl Bogor.

saigon
03-11-11, 11:54
Hey guys am new in town thought its my 3rd visit...but I wish to know the prevailing SPED "specialist" can get for a decent take home pay for an expat. I wanted to stay for good since I will have my marriage proposal to my gf this month who also works in an IB school here in Jakarta.

sweetbez
03-11-11, 13:05
Hello, I am new in this site and i would like anyone to help me looking for a teaching job at International schools in Jakarta.. I am applying for a position of Special Education Teacher/ School Counselor. I am willing to move to Jakarta by early January next year.Thank you

lantern
03-11-11, 15:53
Hello, I am new in this site and i would like anyone to help me looking for a teaching job at International schools in Jakarta.. I am applying for a position of Special Education Teacher/ School Counselor. I am willing to move to Jakarta by early January next year.Thank you

I think the previous 116 posts are designed to help you.

kingwilly
03-11-11, 16:52
Hey guys am new in town thought its my 3rd visit...but I wish to know the prevailing SPED "specialist" can get for a decent take home pay for an expat. I wanted to stay for good since I will have my marriage proposal to my gf this month who also works in an IB school here in Jakarta.

Challenging, because many schools refuse to admit that they have students that may need special ed.

However, if you get a job at a school here, start by asking yout gf about her school, if it is an IB one, it is already middle of the range.

saigon
07-11-11, 14:26
Hi, Iintend to live here in Jakata withmy upcoming wedding to my GF who works here. Am an English Major, SPED teacher from the Philippines multi skilled of marketing/management background but am over 40. Any equall-opportunity employer out there?

waarmstrong
07-11-11, 22:11
I was over 40 when hire to teach in Jakarta a few year ago. So, yes, you are employable even though middle-aged.

When putting yourself on offer, I would suggest a bit more care in the proof reading department, though.

Bayangputih
10-11-11, 07:02
TBI Bekasi is in dire need of a full time Native speaker for their classes asap. You can contact [email protected] the school manager to inquire about more information about pay, kitas, and other relevant information.

ssparks111
13-11-11, 12:37
Hi all! First post to this site. I am currently in China but I'm looking for a new post as a science teacher in Indonesia. I have been teaching for more than 9 years in Asia and I have IB/MYP experience in Beijing. Does anyone know of any schools that may be looking for a science teacher? Any leads would be greatly appreciated! I want to be out of Beijing before the cold and coal-dust starts setting in for the winter...

travellingchez
13-11-11, 16:42
Any chance you are a chemistry teacher?

waarmstrong
13-11-11, 18:49
STB-ACS http://www.acsjakarta.sch.id/ is looking for a Secondary Chemestry and Primary Science Teacher. Although the web site says "Indonesian who graduated from overseas preffered," you might want to send them a CV. I see as well from an ad in the Jakarta Globe that the British School http://www.bis.or.id/ is looking for a "Health and Safety Advisor." Maybe your cridentials match that one? Worth a look.

ssparks111
14-11-11, 07:22
STB-ACS http://www.acsjakarta.sch.id/ is looking for a Secondary Chemestry and Primary Science Teacher. Although the web site says "Indonesian who graduated from overseas preffered," you might want to send them a CV. I see as well from an ad in the Jakarta Globe that the British School http://www.bis.or.id/ is looking for a "Health and Safety Advisor." Maybe your cridentials match that one? Worth a look.

I have taught the MYP science program so I am fine with lower level Chemistry and Physics. But for any advanced levels, I would pretty much be able to only teach Biology related classes.

akutonpa
15-11-11, 21:12
TBI Bekasi is in dire need of a full time Native speaker for their classes asap. You can contact [email protected] the school manager to inquire about more information about pay, kitas, and other relevant information.

Binsar is always in dire need.

HugoBoss
27-11-11, 18:30
BIS is looking for a qualified experienced primary teacher. Details on www.bis.or.id for january 2012 start.

winterfly
01-12-11, 11:31
A new Montessori Preschool in South Jakarta currently needs Qualified Early Childhood Teachers (Expat/Local overseas grad). If you are or you know somebody who is interested to apply, please send resume to [email protected]

Thankshttp://cdn.livinginindonesiaforum.org/images/smilies/smile.png

1205rise
05-12-11, 16:49
Has anyone ever worked at Kanaan Global Schools? Any information about salary, class size, and housing provided would be appreciated. Thanks!

osusanto
06-12-11, 13:31
Has anyone ever worked at Kanaan Global Schools? Any information about salary, class size, and housing provided would be appreciated. Thanks! I'm currently working for Kanaan Global School, secondary. It's a nice working environment. The leadership is good. Class size is below 20.Salary and other benefits are beyond my knowledge because I'm Indonesian. I'm sure their compensation and benefit are okay. Many expat teachers are working here.

rocel
06-12-11, 13:55
Hi Osusanto! What curriculum are you following? Are the computers in your computer lab in Windows? Thanks!

osusanto
06-12-11, 18:22
Hi Osusanto! What curriculum are you following? Are the computers in your computer lab in Windows? Thanks! We're implementing Cambrigde IGCSE or O level for grade 9 and 10; and A level for grade 11 and 12. I teach Economics and Business Studies.Yes, our computers in our labs are using Microsoft products. I'd prefer for the school to use Linux though.

nativeindo
07-12-11, 11:21
I'm currently working for Kanaan Global School, secondary. It's a nice working environment. The leadership is good. Class size is below 20.Salary and other benefits are beyond my knowledge because I'm Indonesian. I'm sure their compensation and benefit are okay. Many expat teachers are working here.

my fiancee was once tried to apply at kanaan, and promised by the school that they will interview him by skype.. but then the person who contacted him never online and no information anymore about the opening position :(

nativeindo
07-12-11, 11:34
You are right, most schools hire between January and April for starts in July. The really crap schools will have postings after July, but only because they're desperate and don't have their act together enough to recruit enough teachers before the school year starts. That, or teachers have left in the middle of the year, or they just offer a pathetic compensation package.

Yes, I'm angry.

hey jared... that's what happened to my fiancee too when he was trying to applied for some schools in indonesia.. tried bali (greenschool, tumbletots), semarang (stamford international, Singapore international, and Mondial), Jakarta (JIMS, SIS, Kanaan) and Batam (SGIA) all schools really have a terrible management of hiring people... which made my fiancee really angry.. :(

kingwilly
07-12-11, 11:57
Or perhaps your fiancé's resume was not the attractive.

nativeindo
07-12-11, 12:03
Or perhaps your fiancé's resume was not the attractive.

i don't know..or maybe bcoz he's american? i heard that not every international school willing to pay an american native speaker as a teacher bcos of the expensive salary that the school have to pay :p

he graduated with a BA in communication but has teaching certificate and 6 years of experiences in teaching.. right now he teaches at a sabis group school in suleimaniah - iraq.. but he's willing to relocate here since i am here :D

all of the schools already calling him to come, interviewed him..sent him contract, etc... but when it comes to finalize things..they were so slow... :(

kingwilly
07-12-11, 16:37
i don't know..or maybe bcoz he's american? i heard that not every international school willing to pay an american native speaker as a teacher bcos of the expensive salary that the school have to pay :p

he graduated with a BA in communication but has teaching certificate and 6 years of experiences in teaching.. right now he teaches at a sabis group school in suleimaniah - iraq.. but he's willing to relocate here since i am here :D

all of the schools already calling him to come, interviewed him..sent him contract, etc... but when it comes to finalize things..they were so slow... :(

In that case, there's loads of good international or national plus schools that will hire him. I suggest any school behaving like that is not really a good school. Tell him to contact some of the schools mentioned in this thread and/or also to go via an agency like Search Associates or International School Services. He can also check jobs via TESonline (free).

nativeindo
08-12-11, 09:35
In that case, there's loads of good international or national plus schools that will hire him. I suggest any school behaving like that is not really a good school. Tell him to contact some of the schools mentioned in this thread and/or also to go via an agency like Search Associates or International School Services. He can also check jobs via TESonline (free).

Thanks for the advice.. :)

HugoBoss
10-12-11, 06:20
Positions for 2012 are up on their website now.

frogusmaximus
04-01-12, 17:41
Morning

I'm an teacher at an international school in Indo and often use a Uk teaching forum. A guy from one of the big Jakarta international schools recently mentioned they get literally hundereds of CV's sent to them. Many UK tecahers cannot find work at home and of coiurse many others like the thought of living in a foreign country. My point is that securing any kind of job in an International school is competitive, and it is well known that only on rare occasions will a school answer an email sent to them, even if it an application for a job. I've sometimes had skype interviews where I've not been contacted for 3 weeks afterwards, probably because they've got a better candidate lined up. When there is an excess of employees, the power is with the employer. It is not personal, and yes it is rude, but just the way it is. Th better schools will always conduct themselves in the correct manner.

travellingchez
04-01-12, 17:46
I'm an teacher at an international school in Indo and often use a Uk teaching forum. A guy from one of the big Jakarta international schools recently mentioned they get literally hundereds of CV's sent to them.

While I don't doubt that the many international schools aren't inundated with CV's I'm very dubious as to whether he works for the school that he says. If you have followed his post over the last 6 months or so he's apperently been working in India, Singapore and now Indonesia....Something doesn't quite add up.

travellingchez
21-01-12, 13:37
Cambridge school (language school) in Medan are looking for a ESL teacher ASAP.

Also -
Taman Raman School in Denpasar in the Cambridge section teaching: Grade 6 English and Social Studies and perhaps Grade 11 and 12 IGCSE English as a First Language. Stat ASAP

Requirements: Native Speaker and hold a university degree (your degree doesn't have to be in teaching, but past teaching experience is desirable).

If you are interested please email CV's to Keone Sinnott
at [email protected]

English Tutor Bali
24-01-12, 19:26
Hi all,

Great thread.

I currently teach mostly online however have a TEFYL and have completed the majority (uncompleted) teaching degree.

Do any schools like this consider such teachers?

Many thanks.

travellingchez
24-01-12, 21:08
I currently teach mostly online however have a TEFYL and have completed the majority (uncompleted) teaching degree.

Do any schools like this consider such teachers?

What do you mean by a majority (uncompleted) teaching degree. Do you mean you don't have a teaching degree because you dropped out? Or are you in the process of completing the degree?

If you don't have a degree at all despite having the TEFL for young learners you won't get many takers. Not with the law being as it is at present.

My advise would be to get your teaching degree and some experience. Then many more doors will open up to you.

saigon
25-01-12, 14:37
Challenging, because many schools refuse to admit that they have students that may need special ed.

However, if you get a job at a school here, start by asking yout gf about her school, if it is an IB one, it is already middle of the range.

hi King Willy...

seems exactly what you said...my Fiancee's IB school planned to have SPED Program but the plan would not take off from the drawing board as they seems would not admit the need or simply they havent done any cost analysis matrix for a profitable program to cater the marginalized kids with various special needs.

-Saigon

saigon
25-01-12, 14:44
For people still job hunting I found this while on another forum.

Kanaan Global School, Jakarta are still looking for teachers.

Kanaan Global International School in Jakarta is looking for qualified Primary and Secondary School English, PE and ICT teacher with proper Teacher's Teaching Certification or license (not TESOL certificate) with BA or MA in that teaching area. Basic salary starts from 2500US$ to 3000US$ (depends on experience). School provides 13 month salary, return plane ticket and apartment accommodation. Please send your CV with copy of your passport, recent picture and scanned copies of your degrees and Teacher's Certificate before June 30th 2011.

Hi travellingchez.

What the latest on this post about Kanaan? Any website?

osusanto
25-01-12, 14:50
Hi travellingchez.

http://www.kanaanglobal.sch.id/

lantern
25-01-12, 14:56
Hi travellingchez.

A simple google came up with www.kanaanglobal (http://www.<strong>kanaanglobal</strong>).sch.id

Oops..Osusanto beat me to it

saigon
25-01-12, 14:59
Penabur International Primary Kelapa Gading is looking for a full time English teacher.
Job starts on July 12nd and they will sponsor your kitas.

Please contact Winda (tell her you come from Karen):
[email protected]
([email protected])

(Karen from C4 group)

-Just wondering is C4 group a HEADHUNTER network?:noidea:

saigon
25-01-12, 15:01
@ lantern

Done...big tango!

osusanto
25-01-12, 15:04
A simple google came up with www.kanaanglobal (http://www.<strong>kanaanglobal</strong>).sch.id

Oops..Osusanto beat me to it

It's because I am currently teaching at the school, Lantern :)

travellingchez
25-01-12, 15:28
-Just wondering is C4 group a HEADHUNTER network?:noidea:

No C4 is a group for expat women married to Indonesian's.

saigon
08-02-12, 21:06
just wanted to ask what's the best months to stay in Jakarta for job hunting...

saigon
08-02-12, 21:09
i wish Binus has Sped program sigh*

sweetmaria
15-02-12, 13:12
@saigon, academic year starts mid July but schools are already scouting for new teachers even from December the previous year or January.
From my experience, the best time to start looking is around January-February.

PS: you could also try to find job postings from online job-searching sites. I found a lot of them there.

TomYum
15-02-12, 20:12
I know the online school that I teach at has positions open, they even offer us teachers an incetive to find new people:) How does this work though, can I write links and stuff in here>?

TomYum
15-02-12, 20:15
Can't you get a job and visa with a Diploma?

travellingchez
15-02-12, 22:05
I know the online school that I teach at has positions open, they even offer us teachers an incetive to find new people:) How does this work though, can I write links and stuff in here>?

Um I wonder if that online school happens to be English town with EF...
Poor pay might be the reason for always having positions open.

abster
15-02-12, 22:13
Can't you get a job and visa with a Diploma?

A high school diploma?

sweetmaria
16-02-12, 08:46

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself giggling reading your reply. :laugh:
I remembered what they offered my bf-then-hubby-now.

rocel
16-02-12, 14:04
anyone teaching here in Springfield International School? feedbacks please...

TomYum
16-02-12, 19:08
You guessed it Travelling Chez.... New to teaching myself so wasn't too picky.

TomYum
16-02-12, 19:09
That in Jakarta? Seems everything is in Jakarta

abster
16-02-12, 20:57
That in Jakarta? Seems everything is in Jakarta

Indeed although that's often the case with capital cities...

There are jobs outside Jakarta but they are fewer and the schools can often afford to be choosier with who they select.

travellingchez
19-02-12, 00:15
Tunas Muda is looking for teachers.

We are seeking qualified, enthusiastic, committed, and caring teachers to join our winning team.

1. Qualified Native English Speaking teachers for Early Childhood and Primary.
2. Mathematics Teachers for Primary.
3. Secondary Specialist Teachers:
Bahasa Indonesia, Economics/Business Studies, Mathematics/Physics, Chemistry.
4. Guidance Councellors (BP) for Primary & Secondary
5. Music Teacher (Violin)
QUALIFICATION• A Bachelor degree or higher qualification in a relevant area (overseas graduate is preferred)• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in the relevant field.
(IB training/experience is an advantage)• Excellent in written and spoken English (minimum TOEFL 550).• Possess good managerial and interpersonal skills, (planning, monitoring & evaluating),
and the ability to collaborate well in a team• A non-smoker is preferred.http://www.sekolahtunasmuda.com/career_feb2012.html

travellingchez
19-02-12, 17:01
Jakarta International Multicultural school (JIMS) are looking for an ESL teacher and a Grade 6 teacher. http://www.jimsch.org/employment.htm

TomYum
21-02-12, 04:23

Entry level TEFL jobs, a foot in the door Trav Chez. I'm happy.... not huge money but good start. They are still advertising on Dave's

Island of the Gods ! Come work here.
Bali is commonly referred to as the ‘Island of the Gods’ because of the natural beauty of the island and the colorful and diverse culture.
Englishtown Bali offers 12 month teaching contracts. Teachers are based at the Englishtown Bali centre and teach online conversation classes to students from around the world.
The position includes all visas/permits required to work legally in Indonesia, basic health insurance, a Rupiah based salary and one month's bonus paid on successful completion of contract.

Applicants need to be at least 25 years old (due to Immigration requirements) and native English speaking. Minimum requirement: TEFL Certificate

itinerantman
21-02-12, 15:09
and money :smile2:! But seriously guys, this is my situation:

I was educated in the UK and am a native English speaker but have an Indian Passport.
I'm 55 years old and in good health.
I have a Bachelors in History but I teach English-I also have a Bachelors in Education.
For personal reasons I need to settle in SE Asia, preferably in Indonesia and specifically in Bali.
I have about 10 years of part time undocumented Home School teaching experience & another 3 years of documented International School teaching experience in Bali.
I would prefer a school teaching job over ESL but am willing to try ESL if required. Online teaching is also an option. I would need at least US $ 1000 + accommodation from my day job.
What would you suggest I do to land a job in SE Asia, particularly Indonesia? I'm aware that many countries will only accept native speakers with relevant passports so I'm looking for any loopholes ie some schools bring in non native speakers under the category of Social Science Teachers and then get them to teach English. Lastly do I need a TEFL Certificate or is my Teaching degree enough? If not,which is the cheapest online recognized TEFL Course?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

SamanthaB
21-02-12, 15:41
and money :smile2:! But seriously guys, this is my situation:

I was educated in the UK and am a native English speaker but have an Indian Passport.
I'm 55 years old and in good health.
I have a Bachelors in History but I teach English-I also have a Bachelors in Education.
For personal reasons I need to settle in SE Asia, preferably in Indonesia.
I have about 10 years of part time undocumented Home School teaching experience & another 3 years of documented International School teaching experience in Bali.
I would prefer a school teaching job over ESL but am willing to try ESL if required. I would need at least US $ 1000 + accommodation from my day job.

What would you suggest I do to land a job in SE Asia? I'm aware that many countries will only accept native speakers so I'm looking for any loopholes. Lastly do I need a TEFL Certificate or is my Teaching degree enough? If so,which is the cheapest online recognized TEFL Course?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

There are many schools that use non-native but highly-qualified foreign teachers. I was at a workshop a few months back and met several Indian teachers that work at Bunda Mulia International School (http://www.bmis.or.id/). There's also Gandhi Memorial International School. (http://www.gandhijkt.org/) My school has a fairly large posse of Filipino teachers teaching English, math, and science. If they can justify hiring Filipinos, there's no reason they wouldn't consider an Indian national.

itinerantman
21-02-12, 16:09
There are many schools that use non-native but highly-qualified foreign teachers. I was at a workshop a few months back and met several Indian teachers that work at Bunda Mulia International School (http://www.bmis.or.id/). There's also Gandhi Memorial International School. (http://www.gandhijkt.org/) My school has a fairly large posse of Filipino teachers teaching English, math, and science. If they can justify hiring Filipinos, there's no reason they wouldn't consider an Indian national.

Thanks Samantha. Do you have Bunda Mulia's email id-it's not on their website. Also any idea whether your school has a vacancy for a Secondary School English Teacher with IGCSE, A Level & IB experience?

SamanthaB
22-02-12, 12:23
Thanks Samantha. Do you have Bunda Mulia's email id-it's not on their website. Also any idea whether your school has a vacancy for a Secondary School English Teacher with IGCSE, A Level & IB experience?

From an online ad for a job at Bunda Mulia:
Please submit your application with Curriculum Vitae, Academic Transcript and recent photograph (4 x 6), expected salary and 3 references, including one from your latest employer to [email protected]

My school currently is only Toddler through P3. Next year it will be Toddler through P4. Since they're expanding, they are looking to hire some people but they're aiming to have only native speakers (read: bules) for English teachers. The rest of the foreign teachers teach the subjects like math and science. (Both of which are taught in English.)

itinerantman
22-02-12, 14:49
Thanks again Samantha-let me know if you or your friends need any information from my part of the world :smile2: And if you hear about any schools hiring Indians in future, do let me know.

saigon
22-02-12, 16:13
Hi..anyone from cita buana? What other school with SPed program can you recommend?

lizzyadeline
08-03-12, 11:26
Hi there! I graduated from college not too long ago and I'm thinking about teaching English at a school in Jakarta. Does anyone have any information on the Tzu Chi private school?Thanks!Liz

SamanthaB
08-03-12, 11:32
Hi there! I graduated from college not too long ago and I'm thinking about teaching English at a school in Jakarta. Does anyone have any information on the Tzu Chi private school?Thanks!Liz I'm sending you a PM.

lowongan
16-03-12, 11:07
I had read through some of the information on this thread regarding National +/International schools, specifically SamanthaB's tip-offs about HScope. I applied to HS with the aim of this salary range (20-25) even with minimal extras, no housing included. With several years of teaching experience I expected to hear a good response from them, but was disappointed to hear a return offer of 7-10. :frown2:

Any ideas of what went wrong? Is this asking too much when most other teachers (natives) are working for relative peanuts? Samantha, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks all.

SamanthaB
16-03-12, 11:13
Whoa. 7-10? That's insane. You could work at EF and have a better salary than that. What school was it? Each of the HS schools are franchised, so each owner will make different offers. The Simatupang school is the only *actual* HS owned and operated school.

In my opinion, and in my experience, a low-ball offer would be something like 12-15 per month. I know with absolute certainty that there are native speakers working at HS schools getting paid in the 20-30 range with benefits like housing, medical, and transportation.

Under no circumstances should you accept an offer of 7-10 with no housing-- it's insane and they're trying to rip you off. (I'm saying this with the assumption that you're a native speaker with a degree.)

lowongan
16-03-12, 11:24
Thanks for the (speedy) reinforcement - the word 'lowball' came to mind myself. Yes, I'm native/degreed/experienced and even local, being slightly lower-risk as far as international hires go. This was the Bali branch which would put it roughly on par with Jakarta rates, no? I'm of the understanding that you're at the Jakarta branch, and are doing well there? Would you recommend any of the other branches of HS (outside Jakarta - no offense, but ugh), or know of any that currently have openings? What do you mean the other branches aside from Simatupang are not owned by HS, although the website appears to encompass all locations?

SamanthaB
16-03-12, 11:38
I think Bali schools actually tend to pay a bit less than Jakarta schools-- there are plenty of expats willing to live and work in Bali but not as many eager to set down roots in the Big Durien. Because of that, schools here in Jakarta have to add a bit of an incentive in the form of higher salaries and extra perks. That being said, 12-15 is still about as low as any qualified teacher should be willing to go, regardless of where you're at.

Where HighScope Indonesia is concerned, the website makes it look like they're all centrally owned and operated, but that's not the case. The Simatupang school is the primary franchise holder for Indonesia and it's the *only* school that they own and operate. All of the other schools are franchised by individuals. There is still curriculum oversight and training provided by the Simatupang branch, but as far as wages, management, and working conditions go... It really depends on the school's owner.

My husband and I worked for two different HighScope schools under two different owners. We both liked our jobs and were satisfied with our compensation. The owner of my school, however, was a complete nightmare to work for. The owner of my husband's school was lovely and professional. However, we were offered jobs at a different school and left HighScope about 10 months ago.

I don't know a lot about the HighScope branches outside of Bali. I do know, however, that one of my local colleagues, from HighScope, applied to teach at the Bali school and was offered a wage significantly less than what she was earning here in Jakarta. Maybe it's that branch?

lowongan
16-03-12, 12:24
It's a bit disappointing to hear that there are no wage standards across these HS franchise schools. If I buy a Starbucks in a different country I expect the price to be consistent, only reflecting a change in local cost of living. However, I was expected to attend a 2-month training in Jakarta, along with all other new teachers, which I suppose accounts for teaching and methodology standards.

It could be that your teacher colleague was accepted in Bali for the lower rate than I was willing to go! That might be a bar-setter that affects all subsequent applicant's salary expectations. I'll look into other branches as my heart isn't necessarily set on Bali (it's more specifically Denpasar, after all).

Thanks for the information. It's very helpful in making these decisions. Sounds like your husband got the long end of the stick with the good manager - which branch was that, by the way?

SamanthaB
16-03-12, 13:02
Oh, by local colleague I meant an Indonesian teacher. She is actually Balinese and was hoping to transfer to the Denpasar HighScope to be closer to her family. They offered her a job but the salary (according to her) was a joke. So, she opted to stay in Jakarta.

My husband worked at the HighScope in Kelapa Gading-- they have classes from toddler through primary 9. To the best of my knowledge, my husband's replacement was offered (and accepted) Rp. 25 juta per month with no housing/transportation benefits. The new teacher's contract should be expiring in June of this year and I don't know if he's planning to stay or not-- you could email the Kelapa Gading school to see if they're hiring. The owner's name is Lauren. She's good people.

kverz
16-03-12, 13:04
It's a bit disappointing to hear that there are no wage standards across these HS franchise schools. If I buy a Starbucks in a different country I expect the price to be consistent, only reflecting a change in local cost of living. However, I was expected to attend a 2-month training in Jakarta, along with all other new teachers, which I suppose accounts for teaching and methodology standards.

It could be that your teacher colleague was accepted in Bali for the lower rate than I was willing to go! That might be a bar-setter that affects all subsequent applicant's salary expectations. I'll look into other branches as my heart isn't necessarily set on Bali (it's more specifically Denpasar, after all).

Thanks for the information. It's very helpful in making these decisions. Sounds like your husband got the long end of the stick with the good manager - which branch was that, by the way?

Hi lowongan,

My hubby is also working in Highscope but in TB Simatupang, Jakarta branch. As far as I know, the offer is way better than what you mentioned... But as Samantha had said, Bali schools usually offer low wages since loads of native speaker wanted to work there. I'd been in Bali 5 years ago and sad to say, for a non-native speaker Science teacher like me, I got better offer than what you have now...Oh well,,, maybe things are different now .

kverz
16-03-12, 13:49
anyone teaching here in Springfield International School? feedbacks please...

Which campus? Permata Buana 1, Permata Buana 2 or Raffles Hills?

lowongan
16-03-12, 14:14
Thanks kverz/Samantha, I'll consider Simatupang and Kelapa Gading. Too bad the website is terribly outdated and contains only 2010 vacancies. ??

So I suppose the lesson learned is Bali salaries are naturally going to be lower (by 2x?) than Jakarta salaries because of the 'perk' of being in Bali alone.

Kverz, I personally think it's incredible the kind of wage difference between natives and bules, simply because of the chic appeal rather than the innate cabilities of the teacher. I think native teachers should be treated with respect and should be making good salaries if they can perform the same quality work. I remember salaries of Cambodian and Lao teachers are some of the lowest in SE Asia, about 350,000 IDR/month. That's a societal travesty.

kverz
16-03-12, 14:34
Thanks kverz/Samantha, I'll consider Simatupang and Kelapa Gading. Too bad the website is terribly outdated and contains only 2010 vacancies. ??

So I suppose the lesson learned is Bali salaries are naturally going to be lower (by 2x?) than Jakarta salaries because of the 'perk' of being in Bali alone.

Kverz, I personally think it's incredible the kind of wage difference between natives and bules, simply because of the chic appeal rather than the innate cabilities of the teacher. I think native teachers should be treated with respect and should be making good salaries if they can perform the same quality work. I remember salaries of Cambodian and Lao teachers are some of the lowest in SE Asia, about 350,000 IDR/month. That's a societal travesty.

Yeah, you are right but that's the way it is... Things had changed now and it is difficult for anyone to teach in Indonesia without the qualifications. (Correct me if I'm wrong):)

travellingchez
25-04-12, 14:38
Rainbow Junior School are looking for qualified Teachers. email Fiona on [email protected]
It's a small school at the moment school is up to Grade 7 and run from a house. They are in the process of getting a new building happening which will go up to grade 12 in Umalas.

Erich Lynn Horn
26-04-12, 18:11
Anyone looking for a top level expat Programmer, web applications developer or project manager? I have over 20 years experience in programming and 5 in PM. I would be happy to send my resume to anyone who relies me. I am recently returned to Batam to spend time with my Wife and Son here, but my saving is fast running out.

travellingchez
26-04-12, 18:43
Anyone looking for a top level expat Programmer, web applications developer or project manager? I have over 20 years experience in programming and 5 in PM. I would be happy to send my resume to anyone who relies me. I am recently returned to Batam to spend time with my Wife and Son here, but my saving is fast running out.

Think you've posted in the wrong place. This is for teaching jobs.

sergei
26-04-12, 23:03
"Attention to detail" is probably not on the resume...

sweetmaria
27-04-12, 10:35
Rainbow Junior School are looking for qualified Teachers. email Fiona on [email protected]
It's a small school at the moment school is up to Grade 7 and run from a house. They are in the process of getting a new building happening which will go up to grade 12 in Umalas.

TC, may I know the school's location? A friend of mine (female) might want to apply.

Thanks.

travellingchez
27-04-12, 19:16
TC, may I know the school's location? A friend of mine (female) might want to apply.

Thanks.
It's in Kerobokan

This is the full address according to their facebook page.
Jl. Banjar Kuwum I Gang Aceh No. 3, Denpasar, Indonesia (http://bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=Jl.+Banjar+Kuwum+I+Gang+Aceh+No.+3%2C+Denpa sar%2C+Indonesia&FORM=FBKPL0&name=RAINBOW+JUNIOR+SCHOOL&mkt=en-GB)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAINBOW-JUNIOR-SCHOOL/131360190228738?sk=info

gado-gado
01-05-12, 16:26
Here's a whisper I heard from a reliable source under the bridge at Ratu plaza....maybe whisper more than rumour but here goes anyway-High/Scope Cilandak are now looking for a High School Expat English teacher ASAP since the last Australian one was deported for working illegally couple weeks ago....come on folks! Fire them CV's off now.:attention:

SamanthaB
02-05-12, 06:20
Here's a whisper I heard from a reliable source under the bridge at Ratu plaza....maybe whisper more than rumour but here goes anyway-High/Scope Cilandak are now looking for a High School Expat English teacher ASAP since the last Australian one was deported for working illegally couple weeks ago....come on folks! Fire them CV's off now.:attention:

If it's true, details would be nice. Did the school promise legal working docs and then failed to provide? Or did the expat accept the illegal work knowingly?

gado-gado
02-05-12, 08:42
I think it was a protracted period of waiting for visa processing which is becoming increasing increasingly common here.....went on too long and the said teacher was 'found out' when immigrasi visited the school. Even an experienced outfit like High/Scope is experiencing problems. I'd recommend anybody applying to a school, whether it's ESL or 'regular' International to find out themselves [if they can] as much about requirements for work visa [kitas] issuance so that they don't spend a protracted period working illegally. Of course, you need to rely on the competence of the HRD......

kverz
02-05-12, 12:26
I think it was a protracted period of waiting for visa processing which is becoming increasing increasingly common here.....went on too long and the said teacher was 'found out' when immigrasi visited the school. Even an experienced outfit like High/Scope is experiencing problems. I'd recommend anybody applying to a school, whether it's ESL or 'regular' International to find out themselves [if they can] as much about requirements for work visa [kitas] issuance so that they don't spend a protracted period working illegally. Of course, you need to rely on the competence of the HRD......

As far as I know the person has been issued a KTAS before and lost it when she went out for holiday failing to realized that her multiple re-entry permit expired but still went out the country despite immigration warned her that her KTAS will be null and void if she will. Went back on tourist visa and now the school needs to get her a new Ktas but then the immigration follows her to the school to check after a month and there you go, she don't have one yet...

damedane
02-05-12, 18:05
Hi everyone. I am a female Filipino teacher looking for a preschool teaching job in Indonesia. I am planning to leave my country by June. I've tried searching at teachergig.com. Could anyone please give me sites or links where I could view latest job postings? I would highly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

kverz
05-05-12, 09:25
Hi everyone. I am a female Filipino teacher looking for a preschool teaching job in Indonesia. I am planning to leave my country by June. I've tried searching at teachergig.com. Could anyone please give me sites or links where I could view latest job postings? I would highly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Hi damedane,

It seems that June is an odd time to find a job in Indonesia since most schools fill in their staff vacancy around February to March. Though some schools may still be looking... Try searching on JobsDB Indonesia website. Good luck to your job search.

SamanthaB
05-05-12, 12:50
Damedane, Kverz is spot-on. Check out the ads of JobsDB. That's going to be your best bet.

damedane
06-05-12, 07:06
Thank you kverz and SamanthaB.

akutonpa
14-05-12, 14:32
SIS are looking for English Teachers..

http://id.jobsdb.com/ID/EN/Search/JobAdSingleDetail?jobsIdList=200003000383868&sr=1

shake
14-05-12, 19:07
how much is the salary and what are the working condition.

thanks

akutonpa
14-05-12, 21:29
I have never worked there, so I cannot give you any information.

You can try this thread and pm the poster there.

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/22277-Experience-with-SIS-%28Singapore-International-School%29?highlight=singapore+international+school

Aronda
23-05-12, 14:52
Hi there!

I'm from South America and married to a German, who now works in Semarang. Can somebody please give me some light about any TEFL/TESL jobs in my area?

Thank you very much!

ashes66
23-05-12, 15:13
whats the name of the school ?

saigon
03-06-12, 15:04
Hello comrades in education-divide,
Am a male educator, still looking for a SPED School or any school with sped program to share my experiences and passion.
I will be back in Jakarta by August. My last interview was in ICSCE in Jati Padang Utara but they seems to
be over quota on their staff. Anyone heard of vacancy in Jakarta area?
I can also teach ARTS and yes- ENGLISH.(but am not a native speaker).

akutonpa
22-06-12, 20:46
Two (expat) teachers are needed at Springfield International School to teach literacy/English to grades 1 and 2. Email your CV to [email protected]

The positions are still available. Feel free to PM me if you want know more about the school.

Paman Gober
22-06-12, 22:55

Try applying to a school called Kidea. They're a preschool with lots of branches, and I believe that most of their teachers are from the Philippines.

Donkk
23-06-12, 02:14
ya its sad that its harder to find work if you were borne in a different place as we did not ask to be born there.

Well if your open to more then indo you could try www.ajan.com in Thailand or hum.. I know one in Blakpapan, but I would not send my worst enemy there!

DoctorWho
06-08-12, 17:40
Sinarmas World Academy advertising for a Kindergarten Teacher - Immediate start. Know this school, its a great place to work.

http://www.bullhornreach.com/job/244533_kindergarten-1-4-5-year-olds-jakarta-indonesia?utm_campaign=v1&shortlink=1136488&utm_content=3&utm_source=twitter.com&referer=t.co&utm_medium=referral
(http://www.bullhornreach.com/job/244533_kindergarten-1-4-5-year-olds-jakarta-indonesia?utm_campaign=v1&shortlink=1136488&utm_content=3&utm_source=twitter.com&referer=t.co&utm_medium=referral)

travellingchez
08-08-12, 14:28
Binus International School Simprug is looking for an experienced IB DP Biology teacher from October 2012.

If you are interested please contact Mr Peter Saidi at [email protected]

gerbie
17-08-12, 12:43
I am currently traveling in Thailand but will be flying to Jakarta within the week to meet my girlfriend who has accepted a position here. I am a 25 year old male native English speaker from California, USA. I just completed my first year of teaching at a private training school in Hangzhou, China where I taught children from the ages of 3-13. I have a BA in International Studies and a CELTA which I completed in 2011. I am open to any range of teaching jobs and will explore any leads. Thanks, Josh

Ycaindonesia
25-08-12, 22:54
Hi All,
Young Chefs Academy (a cooking school franchise from US dedicated for kids and teens) are looking for more teachers to be based in Kemang, South Jakarta. Requirements: female, must be fluent in English, local package (not expat), willing to work Tue-Sat 10am-7pm, min 2 years experience handling kids, like to cook (no professional culinary background required, just a passion in cooking will do, training will be provided). Above average pay, performance bonus 2x/year, medical after 1 year tenure, fun filled creative working place that always smell delicious.....send cv to [email protected]

HugoBoss
12-09-12, 13:15
British International School is looking for a School Counsellor according to the Jakarta Globe

millyme
05-10-12, 09:34
Hello there!

I am teaching in an international school in Jakarta at the moment and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to get a job in one of the universities to teach English/provide English Language support? If so, where do I look for employment opportunities for that?

2. Is January/February too early to look for teaching jobs for academic year that begins in July/August? This is for international schools. Again, where do I look for employment opportunities.

Ideally, I would like to teach outside of Jakarta, say Central Java (Yogyakarta, perhaps, since there are quite a few reputable universities in the city). I want to bid farewell to smog, pollution and macet :p

In terms of qualification, I have Bachelor and Masters degrees, as well as a teaching qualification from my home country, plus teaching experience. I hope that puts me in good stead.

Any comments, feedback and suggestions will be very much appreciated :)

kingwilly
05-10-12, 11:33
2. Is January/February too early to look for teaching jobs for academic year that begins in July/August? This is for international schools. Again, where do I look for employment opportunities.

Too late. The recruitment agencies have their fairs in Dec/Jan.

However, if you dont mind getting the left over jobs, keep your eye on all of their websites and you'll find jobs advertised from Dec-Jul/Aug ... depending on how their recruitment goes.

saigon
17-10-12, 17:15
Whoa am back!(on job hunting)

Wedding is very near and will have to be in Jakarta by January to join my wife.

Am looking for a job opportunity for Special Education specialist like me. No real offers have been made in my several attempts(in the last 2 years) probably on the remuneration package they think they can not decide. I wish I could put up a school instead if I can only get some partners locally with only my professional service as capital. (sigh) Am giving up my corporate job in the Philippines just to be in Indonesia.

Please post any teaching post for Special Need teaching vacancy in Jakarta area.

-Saigon

saigon
17-10-12, 17:23
Further info:
My undergrad course is AB ENGLISH,(lic. teacher)
my MA is Special Education for Exceptional Children,
experienced in Autism.ADHD and related disorder from 5-35 of age,
Artist (with successful exhibits and art program for Autism)

Priyanka
20-10-12, 13:40
Anyone looking for an English Tutor in Surabaya?

itinerantman
20-10-12, 13:45
Anyone looking for an English Tutor in Surabaya?

where you from priyanka-already teaching here?

Jimismith
25-10-12, 06:06
When is the right time to look for a job teaching English in indo?

Bandong
28-10-12, 22:50
When is the right time to look for a job teaching English in indo?

Language schools recruit year round. Normal schools have semesters starting (usually) in July so I'd suggest around March/April time although jobs here do become available year round as well.

jakartan
04-12-12, 16:59
Teaching job whispers for expats as well as Indonesians: Preschool near Senayan area has openings for: Teacher, assistant teachers and administration staff hiring for January 2013. Interested applicants please email to [email protected]
Cheers!

travellingchez
16-01-13, 11:59
Forwarding from a friend.
Jakarta Japanese School are looking for a native teacher to start from April but would need to be available for a demo class in either February or March. They have a lot of male teachers and they are really looking for a female teacher, especially one that is likely to stay for longer than a year (I heard that the bonus is at least a $100 increase for each extra year, maybe up to $200 if the student intake is high).
Please use the contact information below if you are interested in the job.

NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHER REQUIRED BY JAKARTA JAPANESE SCHOOL

Job Title: English Teacher

Job Description: The successful candidate will be required to teach conversation based English classes to students ranging from grade 1 to 9.

Job Location: Jakarta Japanese School, Bintaro Sektor 9.

Responsibilities: Planning and teaching lessons. Attending school functions. Participating in extra curricular activities.

Required Qualifications/Skills: Teaching experience, Bachelors degree, teaching certificate and must be a native speaker of English.

Salary: $2000 per month.

Benefits: Transport to and from work provided for the south Jakarta area. Annual medical check up.

Work commencing : April 2013

Documentation: All documentation needed for living and working in Indonesia will be provided.

Please respond with a CV to [email protected] (ecdept%40jjs.or.id) Only successful candidates will be contacted

John Kite
21-01-13, 14:59
A new English school has opened in Malang, which is looking for Native Speakers. The salary range is around 10 Jt a month, Monday to Friday with no Saturdays expected. A full teaching load is only 18-20 hours a week and they are able to consider all degrees because of some legal technicalities. The package includes 4 weeks paid holidays per year in addition to public holidays. If you want further information you can contact me on: [email protected]

Tennesseegirl
24-01-13, 05:11
Hello I am applying for a job at Cita Hati Christian School and am hoping someone can tell me starting salary range. I have a Masters degree in education and am certified in my state to teach. I also have a year experience. Thanks so much.

RickyJoe
12-02-13, 11:38
Hi, according to my HR staff here at our school, we need English Teacher (preferably native) to replace one teacher that will be moving. Contact me for detail [email protected] ; He said it will be for this coming March 2013.

saigon
17-02-13, 09:32
Forwarding from a friend.
Jakarta Japanese School are looking for a native teacher to start from April but would need to be available for a demo class in either February or March. They have a lot of male teachers and they are really looking for a female teacher, especially one that is likely to stay for longer than a year (I heard that the bonus is at least a $100 increase for each extra year, maybe up to $200 if the student intake is high).
Please use the contact information below if you are interested in the job.

NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHER REQUIRED BY JAKARTA JAPANESE SCHOOL

Job Title: English Teacher

Job Description: The successful candidate will be required to teach conversation based English classes to students ranging from grade 1 to 9.

Job Location: Jakarta Japanese School, Bintaro Sektor 9.

Responsibilities: Planning and teaching lessons. Attending school functions. Participating in extra curricular activities.

Required Qualifications/Skills: Teaching experience, Bachelors degree, teaching certificate and must be a native speaker of English.

Salary: $2000 per month.

Benefits: Transport to and from work provided for the south Jakarta area. Annual medical check up.

Work commencing : April 2013

Documentation: All documentation needed for living and working in Indonesia will be provided.

Please respond with a CV to [email protected] Only successful candidates will be contacted

Hi T.chez.

I saw this post somewhere, they prefer "NATIVES"..i mean native english speaker :-/

saigon
17-02-13, 09:37
Hello Comrades (in education-divide),

Am back in town for a short visit...any employer you can suggest looking for ART teacher? Am an English Major with MA degree in Special Education but have an extensive program on (visual) ARTS. Am around til March 14 only.

phiss
21-02-13, 12:39
Synergy Learning Group, based in Medan, North Sumatera, is looking for additional native English language teachers. If you are interested in working in Medan, you can contact Mr Chitra Bustaf directly for full details of the job/s, salary, etc. email: [email protected] or telephone: 061 4150182 or 061 4150183.

saigon
22-02-13, 00:35
SPH International has openings....FYI they will include CHRISTIAN CONVERSION Clause as per their email reply suggested:
"Kindly note that we have a very essential requirement;
all teachers that we hire should have strong and demonstrable Christian faith.
So your conversion into Christian, personal faith and growth needs to be included in Part Two item #4"
contact = [email protected]

osusanto
01-03-13, 17:10
May I just give you a link? :)

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/early-years-and-primary-teachers/in/sydney-sydney/24093550

saigon
30-03-13, 22:13
thank you osusanto..great link!

Paulette
01-04-13, 13:54
Binus International School Serpong (http://serpong.binus-school.net/default.aspx) is also looking for English teachers(native speakers) for next school year. Please email CV to [email protected] for more details.

gttmt
02-04-13, 12:23
Hi,

Does anyone know the salary range for an expat at Kanaan Global School in West Jakarta? Got an interview on Friday. I am hoping they pay well!

shelly9782
02-04-13, 22:11
My contract ends soon in Kembangan Jakarta Barat.
Im looking for a christian school
any openings?

saigon
07-04-13, 21:29
I am currently with BINUS Simprug on EL...til May..any School you think still looking for teachers for thenest SY? I prefer schools with special need program. So far, I can only count less than my one hand..listed on the net. PLease give me school names with catering Special Needs.

travellingchez
07-04-13, 22:09
On the mention of Binus Simprug there are the following jobs going.

PYP Teacher of Chinese Language
Middle School Teacher of MYP English
Middle School Teacher of MYP Humanities
Teacher of MYP & DP Business
High School Teacher of DP Chemistry

Go to the website for more info. http://websimprug.binus-school.net/employment-2/

saigon
15-04-13, 22:51
On the mention of Binus Simprug there are the following jobs going.

PYP Teacher of Chinese Language
Middle School Teacher of MYP English
Middle School Teacher of MYP Humanities
Teacher of MYP & DP Business
High School Teacher of DP Chemistry
Go to the website for more info. http://websimprug.binus-school.net/employment-2/

THanks for the info...is it true they intend to get more "Caucasian" than Asian expat next year?

travellingchez
15-04-13, 23:47
THanks for the info...is it true they intend to get more "Caucasian" than Asian expat next year?
No idea I have nothing to do with the hiring.

HugoBoss
15-05-13, 13:45
BIS apparently are looking to hire a drama teacher for August 2013. Details are on the school website.

DyeySy
16-05-13, 14:14
Hi,

Does anyone know the salary range for an expat at Kanaan Global School in West Jakarta? Got an interview on Friday. I am hoping they pay well!

Hi Gttmt,

I currently work in Kanaan Global School(KGS) Jakarta.

From which country are you from?

payment depends on which country you are from (i think). They pay just the right amount for expats (1000 USD) above, although i want to give you a heads up about the management. :) kids are great though.

DyeySy
16-05-13, 14:23
Expat ICT Teacher here. :) Hi everyone. i'm currently looking for some vacancies.

cm4041
29-05-13, 19:49
Sorry in advance if I post to the wrong thread. I'm looking for an english native speaker teacher for my 2.5 yr daughter. Please reply to my email at cm404[email protected] Tq

saigon
04-06-13, 23:57
No idea I have nothing to do with the hiring.

...I was able to talk to Mr.Peter(the principal)..what I learned was, as an international school, they have to proportionate the expat nationality ( whatever it means).:lie: I was quite confused on whatever legal or academic basis of that idea Jakarta (if its not the school) is imposing. An International school- as my graduate school education taught me- has a different standard set, but I dont remember really it mentioned about the distribution of faculty nationalities If there was, I remember (on my country) its more on the student population nationalities.
Oops my memory might be wrong.:tape2:

atlantis
05-06-13, 08:21
Are you talking about citizenship or racial origin?

travellingchez
05-06-13, 10:56
...I was able to talk to Mr.Peter(the principal)..what I learned was, as an international school, they have to proportionate the expat nationality ( whatever it means).:lie: I was quite confused on whatever legal or academic basis of that idea Jakarta (if its not the school) is imposing.

How I understand it having spoken to people at different schools in Indonesia is that each school has a set quota of foreign staff that they are allowed. Again this quota is further separated by subject/year group. I've never heard that this is dependent upon nationality of expat. An expat is an expat, no?

saigon
05-06-13, 19:35
Thanks for the info...

GYMBOREE is in need of Pre school teachers... check it out!

Gymboree Pejaten
Pejaten Village Mall Lt.3 no 51
Phone : 021 - 7821852 / 28950222

travellingchez
06-06-13, 11:57
ACG International school.
Located in South Jakarta, our School provides an international education to children from Kindergarten to Year 12.&nbsp; An IB World School, the Kindergarten and Primary follow the PYP curriculum.&nbsp; The Senior School follows University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum. Due to growth, we are seeking experienced Kindergarten and Primary School Teachers (to Year&nbsp;6).&nbsp; These positions will commence in mid-July 2013. We are also likely to require a further Primary School Teacher to commence in January 2014. Knowledge or experience with the IB Primary Years Programme would be an advantage, but is not essential.&nbsp; In one position, Special Needs experience would be an advantage, but is not essential. Applicants need to be qualified with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Primary Teaching or Early Childhood&nbsp;(or similar) from a recognised university, and to have at least 5 years of teaching experience following the conferment of their degree. For international applicants we offer a competitive remuneration package including return airfares, medical insurance, a relocation allowance, a housing allowance and schooling for dependent children.&nbsp; Appointments are normally made for a two year term with options for renewal. For further information about ACG International School Jakarta please visit www.acgedu.com

waarmstrong
07-06-13, 11:44
I guess ACG is not big on paragraphs.